Fart acceptance movement

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
I think the long held gender norm of cis-gendered females not passing gas even in private with their mates is archaic. I for one have never held passing gas in front of me against of my SO's. If I'm allowed to do it (within reason), so should she.

Anybody else have a strong conviction on this subject?

Replies

• BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I try not to, but since I upped my veggie eating sometimes you just gotta try to pass the blame along with the gas
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great - so I have to hold in my vomit so that you don't have to hold in your gas!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I had free farting written into my wedding vows. I'm not getting a bellyache for anyone.

So did we. :):D
  • eli67
    eli67 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My farts smell of roses so it's all good ;0))
  • yayabeaks
    yayabeaks Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    eli67 wrote: »
    I was literally about to put the same thing! Everyone knows ladies farts are like unicorn dust and smell of roses!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    comedian whose name i forget. "oh, you can suppress it. but it just goes away and gets its friends."

with that said though, nope. not for me.
  • eli67
    eli67 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    eli67 wrote: »
    I was literally about to put the same thing! Everyone knows ladies farts are like unicorn dust and smell of roses!

Totally.....literally lil sprinkles of glitter ;0))
  • CrazyTurnip
    CrazyTurnip Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We're all botty burping roses :)
  • JHamilton6
    JHamilton6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of courtesy. I do not subject others to such unpleasantness and I appreciate the same.

To the best of our abilities, of course. Accidents do happen.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I for one have never held passing gas in front of me against of my SO's. If I'm allowed to do it (within reason), so should she.

Protein powders and products, along with militant squat people has made gas passing more of a right of passage. I think they have levelled badges for it in crossfit.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been sitting at your desk and you want to launch a test ballon, you know, to see if the real things is going to bad only to have the test ballon come out in full force?

I hate when that happens
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    We have farting competitions in my house... I am a Mom of 3 sons so the dinner table is always very interesting between the farting and burping... compliments to the chef ;)
  • runnrgy12
    runnrgy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    blame the dog
  • WrecklessRob
    WrecklessRob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    JHamilton6 wrote: »
    It's a matter of courtesy. I do not subject others to such unpleasantness and I appreciate the same.

To the best of our abilities, of course. Accidents do happen.

My wife and I have been together for 7 years and never once passed gas in front of each other... I totally agree that it's just a courtesy.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @KelGen02 wrote: »
    We have farting competitions in my house... I am a Mom of 3 sons so the dinner table is always very interesting between the farting and burping... compliments to the chef ;)

Is each often followed with "did you hear that?"
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    With my bf we pass gas when it happens. With people I don't really know I tend to try and silent release it, go to the bathroom or pretend it never happened.
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make efforts to be courteous to everyone and not subject them to my expulsions.

But if I get a chance to crop dust my ex while he's on the treadmill...