Replies

• srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hershey kisses are 22 cal a piece...
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Let's see for me I love to eat the Hershey's chocolate with almond bar, and the cookies and cream bar, and I also love Milky Way!!
    However, I do eat this in moderation, but I like to snack on grapes as well.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    M&M's 28=100 cal

How can you stop at just 28 M&Ms that is some serious willpower!

OP:
    For something sweet i usually have some of the below sugar free jelly for the very low cal, a handful of blueberries or strawberries, 25g of dark chocolate is around 100 kcal, sorbet is about 70 kcal a serving (depending on which one you buy of course). Popcorn in any flavour is pretty decent for calories, a cracker with cream cheese, some crisps (chips in the US) a small handful of nuts, or just some sweets (candy) although I don't have sweets standard in the house, a cookie, icecream, it I can fit it in and I fancy it I will eat it in general.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just checked out Myprotein's range of desserts. Hooly dooly, i want them all!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free lifesavers. They have just as many calories as regular but for some reason I don't seem to lose control.
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One word: Twizzlers
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Not to be the buzzkill here, but just some advice! If you crave sugar and nothing else will do, I suggest trying to take a break from it. I know I know, others will jump down my throat for merely suggesting you do something that will not be your way of life after the weight is gone. Hear me out. If I get into the habit of sweets, like doughnuts or Reese's peanut butter cups, I can't get them out of my head. However it takes literally only two weeks of tightly monitoring my intake and eliminating those sweets that those cravings and urges to go buy 4 candy bars completely go away. I am not great with sweets moderation and I don't deprive myself but I think that's been the easiest way for me to "change my taste buds" persay. After two weeks I feel better and I can eat a strawberry frozen fruit bar, a piece of cheese, or some Greek yogurt and be just as satisfied, without needing (or wanting!) a candy bar or a bowl of ice cream. So I can essentially replace all my prior "sugar bombs" with better quality and better macros (less added sugar, more protein and healthy fats) filling foods that taste much better when I come off the really sugary no real nutrition calorie blowout stuff. Might be worth the shot! You will learn yourself what works best for you, hopefully you got some good ideas here.

Edy's frozen fruit bars 60-100 calories
    100 calorie bags of popcorn
    Kind cereal the dark chocolate clusters
    Greek yogurt
    Frozen grapes
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Peppermint patty or Powdered Peach Tea which is super sweet and no calories help me. It's the only fake sugar I eat but it usually takes away the craving.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Yeah I eat some. Small dark chocolate squares are good, some ice creams too. I was doing well until my bloodwork suggested too many saturated fats. I had to cut out the Ben and Jerry’s every night!

I believe if it fits calories, macros and micros I can enjoy.
  • grandmas12
    grandmas12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like having a tootsie pop after supper, it takes a long time to eat--especially if you don't chomp it!!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I had a slice of my homemade pecan pie tonight, it's a lot like candy.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of dark chocolate Dove candies in my pantry. They are 40 calories each and absolutely candy. I did eat two boxes of girl scout cookies over the past three days. I made them fit.
  • bienemajamfp
    bienemajamfp Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For sweets: Halo Top Icecream or Nature Valley Protein Bars. For salty: Parmesan cheese Crisps or Quest Chips.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my nightly bowl of ice cream with dark chocolate chips every morning. It's my go-to sweet snack. ;) I'm not really into candy. Sometimes I have cookies or cake too.

For salty, I love either mini pretzels or popcorn freshly popped on the stove.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    No real healthy candy. Eat what you like in quantities that fit your calories goal and allow you to get the appropriate nutrition.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    For something to cure my sweet tooth, I like to have dannon light and fit non fat greek yogurt. They have 80 calories and depending on which ones you get they can have 12 grams of protein, so it helps me feel more satisfied. For salty, I eat a small dill pickle they have around 5 calories. I also like special k cracker chips each serving has 120 calories, or pop chips which I but in 100 calorie bags. I think they are both full of flavor and satisfy my salty tooth.
  • Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat ghirardelli 72 % dark chocolate. It tastes yummy and has antioxidants
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Candy! Well, the 86% cocoa dark chocolate isn't really my idea of candy, but you might keep some if that around. One square is 60 calories. The awful thing about mini sizes of candies is that they're only sold in maxi bags. If you can manage reaching into the big bag and withdrawing only one Snickers mini, that's 45 calories. Most varieties of Kiss are 25 calories each. Malted milk balls are 10 calories each, and available in 3-piece sleeves. Many days I have an after-dinner dessert of 40 grams pitted prunes, which are quite sweet and candy-like. Dates and raisins would work here as well. Some weekends I get frozen yogurt pops, 100 calories each. Luscious.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a real sweet tooth and to calm it down I drink hot tea with splenda. There are so many flavors to choose, I even tried a chocolate flavor tea which was good.

I do sometimes fit in actual candy or dessert after a meal but I also don't feel like eating a treat everyday is good for my overall health so I began with the tea. Good luck.
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are carob chips and goji berries!