I want a bigger butt!

Options
I want to build a bigger, rounder bum. I've been doing weighted squats and lunges for a year now and have seen results, but not to the degree I had hoped. What exercises are gonna help me speed up this process most effectively? Any insight is appreciated.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Are you eating in a surplus? And being progressive with your lifting routine?

As a woman, it's super difficult for us to gain substantial amounts of muscle....it will take consistent work over many years to increase the muscle mass in your butt!

I'd add glute thrusts, band work, different squat and lunge variations...
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcmfAuZDgOb4xGP81Ct_OFA

I think you should check out this you tube channel. She does an intense work out on her butt right at the end of the video. It may give you some pointers.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    When I started a glute focused program I saw big changes in my butt. Squats and lunges never gave that to me. The accessory exercises that were in the program also helped a lot with glute activation. Psulemon and sardelsa's recommendation of strong curves is also what I'd recommend. I personally follow get glutes, created by the same people who created strong curves so there's a lot of the same type of exercises.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Op you can have mine any time. I'm trying to get rid of it. =) that's actually one of main reasons I'm losing weight. Check out the YouTube fitness videos for helpful tips.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    When I started a glute focused program I saw big changes in my butt. Squats and lunges never gave that to me. The accessory exercises that were in the program also helped a lot with glute activation. Psulemon and sardelsa's recommendation of strong curves is also what I'd recommend. I personally follow get glutes, created by the same people who created strong curves so there's a lot of the same type of exercises.

Ahh I love Get Glutes! :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    By the time you perhaps get the booty you want, big ones may no longer be the hot ticket. ;)
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Kimo159 wrote: »

Ahh I love Get Glutes! :)

It's so awesome! I don't think a lot of people know about it though!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Loads of various exercises you can do. Donkey kick with weights. I will probably upload some program on my page soon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    By the time you perhaps get the booty you want, big ones may no longer be the hot ticket. ;)

They've always been the hot ticket in my book...Lol

OP...do a program like Strong Curves that is glute focused...and eat...and hopefully you have good genetics as well, 'cuz a lot of the booty is simply genetic.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I noticed my dimensions change slightly when I start cycling
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Strong muscular glutes will always be a hot ticket in my book, especially as I age... being able to climb stairs and bend down, ease pressure on my back.. sounds good to me!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Strong glutes are also great for running, it spreads the load so it's not all falling on your quads, allows for better endurance.
  • Seant456
    Seant456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I want to build a bigger, rounder bum. I've been doing weighted squats and lunges for a year now and have seen results, but not to the degree I had hoped. What exercises are gonna help me speed up this process most effectively? Any insight is appreciated.

do squats, sumo squats, hack squats, lunges, stair climbs all will help to mold the booty
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    I've said it on other threads and I'll say it again. Goodbye to the flat butt era of the 80s and 90s! Why couldn't this movement starterted earlier?
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Good advice here. Don't underestimate the minibands for building the booty. I would also suggest doing short sprints. 50-100 meter sprints. Do them in repeats. You'll feel burn through glutes and hammies and quads. Look at the booties of sprinters! Need I say more?
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

If you have been doing squats and lunges, consistently, for a year, you have probably already seen the most significant results you will ever see.

If you really want a larger butt, the next step is a site enhancing oil like synthol or surgery. Not trying to troll here or give outright horrible advice. This is just reality. Your lean body shape is determined by genetics, prenatal conditions, and early (1-3 years old) nutrition. All of which are 100% out of your control. Have a realistic goal.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by early (1-3 years old) nutrition?