I'm finding it difficult to eat 1200 calories.

Options
I am fully-over-stuffed/can't eat anymore at around 800-900 calories, is it ok to just eat until I'm full?
Also there is no way I can eat extra for any calories burned from exercise (long walk), unless I eat something really unhealthy, which I don't want to do because I don't have any cravings for that because I'm so full..

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and logging everything?

MFP is based on the idea of eating back calories burnt from deliberate exercise - so you should be attempting to eat back like a portion of them
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I question the detox tea as well - those sometimes contain appetite suppressants...
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    are you weighing and logging everything?

MFP is based on the idea of eating back calories burnt from deliberate exercise - so you should be attempting to eat back like a portion of them

I am weighing and logging everything.
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    razzapool wrote: »
    wow I dunno what you eat to be that full from 800 calories for a whole day of eating lol I have 1870 allotted and use all every day pretty much easily

Before joining I was only eating one meal a day with a couple of milky coffee's, but I gain weight really easily..
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    What did you eat before you started MFP? Eat a few of those foods. That is assuming you are using a food scale, and know for sure that you are eating the amount of calories you think you are.

If you are using a food scale, weighing and logging everything, then it's time for ice cream or peanut butter!

Before I joined I would eat one meal a day with a couple of milky coffee's during the day, my meal would be something like bbq children wings or pizza or jacket potato with cheese or chips etc.

I am weighing and logging everything.

I don't like nuts, and I'm going low-carb, so no ice cream, because I think it's the carbs that have caused my weight gain..
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats & goals, OP? What was the calorie count of an average day for you before?

Along with some of the points mentioned above (perhaps you are eating more volume of less calorie-dense foods and need to broaden your diet to include more calorie-dense foods), it is common for new ones to experience sort of a "dieter's high"- they're so excited about their new diet & initial weight loss, they feel like they don't hardly need to eat at all! This phase will pass soon enough. ;) But in the meantime, you need to fuel your body properly.