I'm finding it difficult to eat 1200 calories.

Options

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Wait what? children wings :lol:

That's a whole other issue ;)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thank you @SueSueDio
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am fully-over-stuffed/can't eat anymore at around 800-900 calories, is it ok to just eat until I'm full?
    Also there is no way I can eat extra for any calories burned from exercise (long walk), unless I eat something really unhealthy, which I don't want to do because I don't have any cravings for that because I'm so full..

I'm at 1000+ calories by the time I get to work on workout days. Check my log (yesterday).
    And that's just my protein bar at 5am, shake intra work-out, and over night oats before leaving for work.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OP, one of the most important things to remember when starting a new way of eating is to find something that is sustainable for you. Looking at your diary, I don't know anyone who could maintain eating so little for any significant period of time. It's recipe for a huge binge. Not to mention all of the health factors other posters have mentioned, and the fact that your "detox tea" is a scam.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Grab a handful of cashews.
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options

I hate auto-correct!! I meant chicken wings.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I hate auto-correct!! I meant chicken wings.

Some typos just ask for a response. I do that a lot (typos I mean). :D
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Eat!
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    You've only been logging for 3-4 days and you're not weighing everything. According to your food log you've been eating 100 grams of beans every day. Exactly 100 gram? Every day?

Seems suspect.

It's not the carbs that make you gain weight, it's the calories.....which you are not eating enough of. Stop the tea and eat a sandwich.

I've been weighing out 100 grams, because it's an easy number to remember to log, I have an illness that causes me to forget things easily, so I weigh things out to the same weight, so that if I forget to log it, I can remember it later.

I'll stop the detox/slim tea and switch to herbal.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I looked at your diary. you have only been logging a few days and I am not sure what type of diet plan you are on right now but you are barely eating anything substantial and this over stuffed and full thing is a little extreme based on the items you are logging? You will not be able to sustain that type of eating for very long, and remain healthy or build lean muscles... that detox tea sounds like a fancy name for an appetite suppressant, which is probably why you are so full all the time? My advice is to throw away the tea and start eating real foods to nourish your body before you begin to lose your hair, damage to your skin, bones, organs and muscles. I would seek professional help talk to your Dr about referring you to a nutritionist ASAP.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Are you willing to share your height, starting weight, & goal weight, OP?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Calorie dense foods........nuts, nut butter, full fat dairy, avocado, eggs. If you are eating a lot of high volume foods.....cut back. Many of those can be low in nutritional value.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Perhaps the "slimming and Detox teas" are part of the problem. Not healthy stuff anyway.

Just popped in to see if the above link had been posted yet. Bumping it to page two since it seems to have been missed.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    You've only been logging for 3-4 days and you're not weighing everything. According to your food log you've been eating 100 grams of beans every day. Exactly 100 gram? Every day?

Seems suspect.

It's not the carbs that make you gain weight, it's the calories.....which you are not eating enough of. Stop the tea and eat a sandwich.

I've been weighing out 100 grams, because it's an easy number to remember to log, I have an illness that causes me to forget things easily, so I weigh things out to the same weight, so that if I forget to log it, I can remember it later.

I'll stop the detox/slim tea and switch to herbal.

I have bad memory problems, especially since being put on a new med. If I'm having a recipe with lots of stuff, or don't think I'll remember, I keep notecards and pens around and jot it down. If you're weighing 100g, then you're weighing 100g, as long as it's correct.

I hope switching off the slim tea helps with the appetite, I'd take a look at the link @diannethegeek quoted for you to help out with bulking up your calorie intake.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I am fully-over-stuffed/can't eat anymore at around 800-900 calories, is it ok to just eat until I'm full?
    Also there is no way I can eat extra for any calories burned from exercise (long walk), unless I eat something really unhealthy, which I don't want to do because I don't have any cravings for that because I'm so full..

peeking at your diary for a few days, you are significantly below your calorie goals. That's not good for an extended period. If you can't start hitting your targets, please consult with a professional.

You can also easily add calorie density to what you are eating
    Add yummy butter to your veggies,
    buy regular cottage cheese instead of no-fat,
    suck on a soup spoon full of peanut butter 1-2 times a day