HUMOR ME.....

Options

Replies

• brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Clutter. I live in chaos. A messy house. And right now I've reverted back to binging. I took on a house and dog sitting gig that came with a car..so I'm stopping at every bakery and grocery store buying junk. I don't own a car so i walk and bike a lot.

We are going through this with my wife...after my daughters cancer she has not kept the house together but we are working on it....and she wont let me help her but we go to groups now and talk about it amongst other areas....thanks for opening up
  • brettr23
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    Alcohol.

This!

And I can be lazy. I know what I need to do but don't sometimes.

ME TOOO just do it!! Don't beat yourself up and GOOOOOOOOOOO
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    brettr23 wrote: »
    Clutter. I live in chaos. A messy house. And right now I've reverted back to binging. I took on a house and dog sitting gig that came with a car..so I'm stopping at every bakery and grocery store buying junk. I don't own a car so i walk and bike a lot.

We are going through this with my wife...after my daughters cancer she has not kept the house together but we are working on it....and she wont let me help her but we go to groups now and talk about it amongst other areas....thanks for opening up

So sorry about your daughter's illness! I seriously doubt many of us could keep up at home faced with that :frowning:

Mine is simple laziness. I've embraced my inner lazy girl, but I still need to convince her to get off her *kitten* every now and then.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Laziness.

I wouldn't say being lazy hinders my goals as my goals aren't that high (because I'm lazy). I will say if I weren't so lazy, I'd have higher goals and the confidence/ability to achieve them.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    For me it is the fact that I am really good at convincing myself that I have plenty of time, that tomorrow is soon enough, that today I can eat (fill in the blank) because I will start fresh tomorrow.

I'm going to be 60 this year...

It's like George Carlin said, "...it's all BS, folks, and it's bad for ya!"
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I always have too much to do--it's my fault. I have so many works in progress, and just keep adding more.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    Alcohol.

Yesssss!!!! I like beer entirely too much!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If I knew what the problem was, I'd fix it. I'm a guy.
  • daddio66in2000
    daddio66in2000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hands down Alcohol.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In all aspects of life... self doubt. But I work towards confidence everyday. :smile:
  • potatNOchips
    potatNOchips Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the idea of being skinny and light to the point of not wanting to exercise, because muscle is heavier than fat. And the thought of that freaks me out.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wine and weekends.
  • ditditdee
    ditditdee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hubby. He brings all the junk food in this house!

SAME. I finally told him to keep it in his car if he was going to buy it.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Laziness.
    I get all hyped up and motivated to work out in the morning....then my alarm goes off at 530am and I'm like "noo...I need 30 more minutes!" and nothing happens. I get my girls ready for the day and dropped off at their grandma's, then I'm off to work. By the time I get out of work, pick up the girls, get home, make dinner, help with homework, bath and bed time, I don't feel like doing anything. I'm not a complete goner though, I can atleast meal prep breakfast and lunch for me for the week....but seriously, finding the time to work out, then actually STICK to a routine, seems impossible. But that's just the lazy me talking.
    I'm getting fed up with my weight loss. It's been pretty slow moving for me over the last almost 8 months. I've lost 23lbs, but I keep juggling the same 3lbs and can't seem to break steadily into the 170s and it's really ticking me off!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Fatigue
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I can think of a couple things hindering my fitness goals that I will not get rid of... but that's not the question, is it? One thing holding me back that I should get rid of but can't: excuses. I always make excuses for why I can't (won't) go to the gym.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Injuries/ailments. I had a serious neck injury last year, along with a chronic quad injury and horrible plantar fasciitis. Im 39 but sometimes I feel 80! Im back to working out but I can get discouraged about not being able to be as fit and active as I was a year and a half ago. And I can't eat as much! I'm working on accepting my limitations.
  • brettr23
    Options
    Hands down Alcohol.

Its a tough one
  • brettr23
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    brettr23 wrote: »

So sorry about your daughter's illness! I seriously doubt many of us could keep up at home faced with that :frowning:

Mine is simple laziness. I've embraced my inner lazy girl, but I still need to convince her to get off her *kitten* every now and then.

COMPLANCENCY KILLS...I just make sure if I feel like doing nothing I at least do something...one day on vacation I literally worked out at a low rate for 10 min cause better than nothing
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'm angry and bitter about life. Which translates to stress and coping mechanisms that hold me back from my true potential.