what snacks are you eating?

Options

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    usually a few almonds, a frozen fruit bar, fruit or a cup of baby carrots...sometimes it can be a piece of chocolate
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I usually have fruit and something with protein in the morning and a higher protein snack in the afternoon. Today I had a banana with PB2 between breakfast and lunch and packed chicken jerky for the afternoon. I also make protein pancakes out of half a scoop of protein powder and fruit--love this--when I am at home and can cook on a range top.

Other snacks I like: 10 or so almonds, a few slices of deli turkey, edamame, hummus, an ounce of smoked salmon wrapped around cucumbers.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I keep tuna packets (different flavors), fruit, canned veggies, and canned fruit all at my desk for those dire moments when I need a snack at work.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Boiled chicken mini fillets, cheese sticks, apples, yogurt, tin of sweetcorn, protien shake
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I snack on fruits most of the time because that's what I've always loved for snacks. Sometimes I snack on chips or chocolate, I also eat ice cream in the summer and the odd couple of cookies every now and then. It doesn't really make much of a difference for me what I use for snacks because it just ends up being around the same calories regardless of food, somewhere between 100 and 250.

Snacks are good for my soul, so I don't cut them out. Some people do better without snacking, and that's alright too.
  • notablish
    notablish Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can probably eat a full bag of baby carrots in one sitting hahaha oops. I once turned my teeth orange (temporarily; my dentist pointed it out since I'd been snacking right before the appointment) from eating too many carrots.
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    protein bars and apples
  • walkingshoes
    walkingshoes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ( I watch carbs and stay on/under calories) I use the small sweet cucumbers from Sams sliced and dip it in hummus with salsa on top. Nuts 100 calories, sugar free jello and half of a peanut butter to go cup (mix it - like PBJ - a lil of both on spoon) Sometimes put that on a low carb tortilla , Pecan halves dipped in Skinny Cow cheese wedge, turkey cheese roll ups, cottage cheese and tomatoes, veggies dipped in ranch or blue cheese (surprised to like sliced radishes like this), 1/2 cup carb smart ice cream, love the Atkins chocolate covered almonds but try to divide the small serving package into 3 servings, avocado with salsa and cilantro on top - sometimes use this as a meal, sometimes I throw together a homemade broccoli salad, coleslaw, or cucumber salad, left over veggies, scoop of peanut butter holds me over, hot tea, almond/coconut milk, Gosh I love a snack! Can you tell? Oh frozen blueberries if fresh not available.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't snack...

I mostly don't either. Occasionally, if I decide I want something in the late afternoon because I'm eating dinner late and had a lot of workout calories I will have some nuts, or maybe a plain greek yogurt with berries or some cottage cheese, or a protein bar or Kind bar.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The only snack I allow myself to have is one Quest Bar per day. Some days, I eat one, some days I don't. It works for me. Plus, I need to extra protein and fiber.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've been going through a big dried fruit phase lately, apricots and prunes are my go-to snack but dried mango is amazing.
    I really need to cut down on it though because...unpleasant digestive side effects.
  • tklivory
    tklivory Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    notablish wrote: »
    I can probably eat a full bag of baby carrots in one sitting hahaha oops. I once turned my teeth orange (temporarily; my dentist pointed it out since I'd been snacking right before the appointment) from eating too many carrots.

I once ate so many carrots as a teen that my skin turned orange. As in my forearms, chest, and neck (not the face, oddly). Thankfully my family refrained from calling me their Oompa Loompa. Ah to be young and foolish again rather than old(er) and foolish!

As for snacks, I didn't snack my first go-around of weight loss and concentrated on larger meals (still within my calorie deficit). After taking a maintenance break over the holidays, i've re-introduced snacks and slightly smaller meals this time around and am still losing steadily. When I snack, my usual snacks range from carrots (in moderation!) to Cheetos to pretzels to apples and occasionally chocolate.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are Turkey Jerky, Weight Watchers string cheese, and raw walnuts.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, blackberries and raspberries. Going to start eating more raw veggies for snacks too. Of course all weighed and ready. :p
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Reading this just made me realise quite how much I snack - I just don't think about it as snacking I guess! So on a typical day I have a banana between breakfast and lunch, a tangerine and a little chocolate or almonds mid afternoon, some twiglets or salt and vinegar peanuts when I get home from work then after dinner either six dates (they are so gooey and fudgy) or chocolate. All of my meals are varied, well balanced and I'm lucky that we are able to cook from scratch. I've maintained for two and a half years now and my weight is always the same so I guess if I didn't snack I'd have to fit another meal into my day somewhere else I'd disappear! :D It works for some and not others mind, we're all individuals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely snack, but when I do it's usually a boiled egg, fruit, nuts or a small bowl of Bran Buds cereal.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Like budgeting I try to eat adequate amounts of protein, vitamins, fat, etc and if I have caloric room, a snack like a banana, orange or a pear. Love me some pairs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sardines0.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Flavored rice cakes, diet soda pop, Greek yogurt with honey and oats/granola, Fibre 1 bars, protein bars, chocolate covered coffee beans.

I have to ask @zyxst... What is a passion flakie?

It's a pastry with cream and fruit (jam/jelly) filling.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing it right, I use the Snack category to log the eaten back exercise calories. So, yesterday it had Ghirardelli 86% cocoa and a banana. Wednesday, it had Beanitos, ice cream, and a banana. When I'm doing it wrong, the Snack category gets very long.