Whittling down your waistline

Options
Hi Guys,

Happy Friday!!

Anyone know of any good exercises to whittle down your waistline (other than Zumba - I am the zumba Queen!)

x

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels...is great for all areas.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack, pump it up, (great abs section) also, i may add eating clean helps your stomach loads, i learnt this and have since been amazed at the abs ive found underneath the fat. Good luck xx
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    if you want to get great abs unfortunately you have to lose body fat all over....so running combined with crunches on the exercise ball will definitely do the trick....and make sure to eat protein later!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (Can get at local Target/Walmart)

I am 5 days in but have seen amazing results from other members... I hope it works for me!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    See post above yours:wink:
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    on you tube, look up Denise Austine Super Stomachs. it is cheesy, and old, from 1986. BUT.....THE BEST AB WORKOUT EVER!!!!

i found the VHS copy at a second hand store, and swear by it
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels 'No more trouble zones' has 2 great ab circuits, and the rest of the workout gives fantastic all over body toning.
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    if you want to get great abs unfortunately you have to lose body fat all over....so running combined with crunches on the exercise ball will definitely do the trick....and make sure to eat protein later!

I agree with this.. it's not about "working" your abs. A lot of cardio to get rid of body fat. It doesn't matter how strong your abs are, if there's a layer of fat over them you still won't be able to see them. I still have a far ways to go:wink:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    remove sugar from your diet. Sugar increases insulin production which inturn promotes fat storage, especially around your waist line.

You can't spot reduce with exercise, it's all diet.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    remove sugar from your diet. Sugar increases insulin production which inturn promotes fat storage, especially around your waist line.

Yup! Running worked well for me!!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

I have removed sugar from my diet this week! So I am hoping to see a change as all my fat is in my tummy so I reckon my body doesn't break it down very well
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    enable the sugar column and let's see your sugar intake.