Sugar in the morning

Options
Is it ok to do a sugar in the morning? I added 2 tsp sugar in my coffee right now and i dont know if its ok, 2 tsp of sugar got a 30 cals and won't hurt so much to my budget

Replies

• merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits within your day- go for it! Me I like to have a treat before bed so I save my sugar until then :smile:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    Is it ok to do a sugar in the morning? I added 2 tsp sugar in my coffee right now and i dont know if its ok, 2 tsp of sugar got a 30 cals and won't hurt so much to my budget

Is it ok for what?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Are you a diabetic?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »
    Same reply as merbear! also.. this thread title is a GREAT title for a song!!! I'm writing it.

It would be a good counterpoint to Afternoon Delight!

HA! Exactly!
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your daily calories, why not? Personally, sugar triggers increased appetite for me so I prefer to limit my sugars early in the day to help control my appetite and prefer to fit it in at the end of the day when I know for sure I've got enough calories left
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

It it ok for what?
    To take some sugar for my coffee

• ferd_ttp5
    Options
    Are you a diabetic?
    Nope :)

• ferd_ttp5
    Options
    nrbutton wrote: »
    If you can fit it into your daily calories, why not? Personally, sugar triggers increased appetite for me so I prefer to limit my sugars early in the day to help control my appetite and prefer to fit it in at the end of the day when I know for sure I've got enough calories left
    I already suppress my appetite I find it even i do some early morning blue berry jam which got some sugar nutrients. It doesnt boost my appetite ☺

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you a diabetic?
    Nope :)

Then why would it not be ok. There is nothing bad about sugar but excessive amounts can cause problems for some people. If you have the calories for sugar use sugar, it's not evil.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with sugar in the morning. My typical breakfast is grapes, Greek yogurt, and a granola bar. 24 grams of sugar right there (along with protein, carbs, fat and sodium.) The weight is coming off. If you have the calories to spend on sugar and you want the sugar, you can have it.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »
    Same reply as merbear! also.. this thread title is a GREAT title for a song!!! I'm writing it.

It would be a good counterpoint to Afternoon Delight!

Lips like sugar, sugar kisses.
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    Thanks for those kind answers, appreciated much ☺ have a good day ahead
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    OP, may I ask why you ask? As in...what makes you think it would not be okay?
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Hmm, because many of dieters avoid sugar and im bothered if i do some of it i can ruine my diet :) im asking anything here coz people on mfp are kind and generous towards their answers! Btw thanks for asking though

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Hmm, because many of dieters avoid sugar and im bothered if i do some of it i can ruine my diet :) im asking anything here coz people on mfp are kind and generous towards their answers! Btw thanks for asking though

I was just curious that's all. I guess there are many myths in mainstream dieting. I wonder if people actually know WHY they are told not to consume something.