How Accurate is the Wii Fit balance Board when Weighing??

Options
13»

Replies

• heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my wii has always weighed 5-6 pounds lighter than the regular scale, but today I tried something that proved to me not to truly trust its readings:

I weighed in twice in a row, within 2 minutes of each other. I did nothing different, just re-weighed. The second time it showed a .4 pound loss from the first time. Four tenths of a pound lost in just 2 minutes??? Ya, it's crazy.
  • highstandards
    Options
    What I find most disturbing about the Wii Balance Board is that I get 3 different readings when taking 3 successive body tests (on wooden floor). There can be over 3 pounds difference between the readings, so it's impossible to track my weight on a weekly basis.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just weighed myself three times within 15 minutes and I "gained" more than a pound each time. I think it needs to be recalibrated.
  • dlovenc
    dlovenc Posts: 1
    Options
    My wii weight is consistant with my weight loss but is always weighs 5 lbs less than drs office scale. So I always add 5 lbs to my wii weight to get my true weight. I wish it was the other way around but oh well! LOL
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have always used my wii to weigh on and when I do weigh on a regular scale the its roughly the same as what I get on the wii ( given regular body flucuations threw out the day ). Example I know I`m going to weigh more after eatting than i did before kwim

I weigh with sports bra and unders on but choose 0 for clothing weight and I`m also on carpet but have the leg extenders on my wii board
  • tellascott
    Options
    I just got my wii today and had such fun with it. Weighed myself 3 times on it and all 3 times it was identical, which was 5 pounds lighter than my bathroom scale from 1950 which seems to always get stuck at 180. I kept getting frustrated plateauing at the same darn weight all the time, now I am hoping my old scale was inaccurate and the wii one is the right one. Either way, if the wii is wrong, I like the way it lies to me so I plan to use it from now on. So much more encouraging to think I am 10 away from my goal weight instead of 15 for the last 4 weeks.

So far I am loving the wii and regardless of right or wrong it'll be awesome just t show those small weight losses to keep myself motivated.
  • snorth2012
    Options
    i've had my Wii Balance Board for almost 3 years now & i've never had a problem with it. i even weighed myself after every doctors apt so i know it's still accurate. my last apt i weighed in at about 142 for both the doctors scale and the Wii. its the only scale in the apt where i live & i figured that as long as my Wii is the same as my doctors scale, im fine. i always use it on hardwood floor for more accurate readings, weigh myself after i use the bathroom in the morning, but before breakfast.

I personally dont care what number it reads on the scale, but I want to get back into a healthy range and stay there. I say that the number is how much the Earth likes you & if you're comfortable with how you are, great! If not, then make the change! Good luck everybody!
  • austinbugden
    Options
    I work with instruments, like scales, for a living. There are two sides of the "accurate" coin. You're comparing yourself to yourself so comparing to some national standard is a distraction.
    ...There is accurate and precise. Precise means you can repeatably hit the same target. Accurate doesn't mean precise as an "accurate scale" can hit point all around but average out to an accurate reading.

I've been using the Wii fit to measure my weight for 3 years now and I've found it a good "reference" in helping me loose over 50 lbs. I'm very near my goal.

Weight isn't something you shouldn't look at too closely. Drink a glass of water and it changes of course.. doesn't mean you "gained weight. Weigh yourself regularly and consistently using the same clothes... i use my bathrobe... and look at the "scatter" of your readings... average them out over the past few days.
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I pick whatever is showing me weigh more. Usually they are within a pound, but at least I am not underestimating my weight. I have also played around with various clothing and drinking water. If you have any exact weights like dumbbells, put that on your scale and it should show what is correct.
  • carolinamccabe22
    carolinamccabe22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have wii fit and was using the board and some digital scales they came up the same at the start but i got some slater manual scales now this week it says ive lost a pound on wii fit but on scales it says ive lost four pounds so unsure as to what i have lost but at least ive lost some weight lol but would just like to know how much