Summer challenge

Options

Replies

• simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    4mi power walk on tmill today + .5mi dog walk. Man, it's HOT! Can't wait for the weather to break so I can run/walk outside again!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    3/4 of the way there!! Its too bloody hot to walk much now..Wish I had room for the treadmill inside...Think the kids would like to sleep out on the patio for the rest of summer so I can use their bedroom??? If I call it "Camping" I could get away with it right???
    You guys are doing FAB!!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi I did my C25K with continueing around the lake, so another 3 miles to add. I am up to 30 miles. May be I can get in a longer walk this weekend.
    Keri
  • simkat
    Options
    3mi run this AM and 1.5mi walk tonight. Getting close...
    Just_Bethy - I think your kids would love it. I remember my sister and I getting sent out onto the patio as punishment because we wouldn't quit talking the night before school started. Totally backfired.
    Keep on keepin' on!
  • PandaFAmBAm
    PandaFAmBAm Posts: 111
    Options
    I am behind i did 3 tonight stuff came up
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am so behind but i have been doing zumba! lots of cardio but not mileage...argh...ill catch up!
  • simkat
    Options
    Anybody still here?????

I did 3mi walk yesterday, 4mi run today (furthest for me yet), and will head back out for another 1.5mi walk yet tonight w/ my dog. Still loving it!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've fallen off the earth in this topic. Sowwie. I did mange to walk about 7 miles while on vacation last week. Gatlinburg is a city best viewed by walking instead of waiting in line with all the traffic jams! Plus we went on a ghost tour that was half a mile.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

I just passed the 50% point... 50 miles already?? WHO KNEW?! When I signed up for this... My only thought was "Um.. 100? Miles? For real? That's a LOT! Let's try!" And here we are... Just over a month to go... We can ALL do this!

Hope everyone has a great week! You all look fabulous!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Well didn't get much walking in this weekend just some swimming. Today I did my C25k so I have added another 3 miles on and will check back on Thursday when I plan to do it again. Need to get some serious mileage in though.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am ahead of schedule....this is good.

Pam
  • simkat
    Options
    Hey, glad to see some others sticking with it!
    2mi run and 1mi walk this morning. 1mi walk w/ dog tonight. Only 3.5 miles left, so I should be done on Thursday, not that it changes anything. Still plenty of work to go!
  • KeriA
    Options
    I just completed the dreaded Week 5 Day 3 of C25K which involves a 20 minute run. As usual I continued around the lake after making my total to 36 miles. Had a family crisis this week. But I wll be plugging away and continue posting too simcat. Great job Pam.
  • simkat
    Options
    Woo Hoo! I made it! I'm a bit surprised that my running and walking are pretty even and am happy with that. Just seeing what real life looks like on paper.
    KeriA - I remember that week of C25k from last year. I was seriously afraid of that day! Isn't it amazing what the mind and body can do?!
    Good luck to everyone continuing on!
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Dragging but getting there..I daftly signed up for a 5k race next month..(Walkers welcomed) I just hope I can get it together train seriously some what...lol...
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    How is everyone?!?!??! I am almost done after going through a lazy patch but am back on it now with 3 miles today!!!..Not all at once though..treadmills are booooooring...!! Hope all is GREAT with everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hi everyone. SimKat it is very cool you are doing this running and walking and you are on track with both! Just Bethy you are almost done! I am still behind and will take to September 1 to complete this challenge. I considered converting my Zumba class to miles walked and decided against it. I want this to be walking or running or even biking but Zumba and Aquafit are really different types of exercise. However it was nice to know that I would be about where I need to be by now if I did add it in. So this morning I did Week 6 Day 1 of C25k for another 3 miles since I continued around the lake. I am hoping to get more walking in this weekend while we are on our family camping trip. We usually do some hiking. So congrats to those who are finishing up and I am trudging along. Happy August all.
    Keri
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    WOOO HOOO I FINISHED!! !01 miles today!! ..It was a great motivator!! Thank You Ladies!! x
  • KeriA
    Options
    Congratulations Bethy!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Not many continuing on here but I will post my progress. I just did my 3 miles and am up to 42. The camping trip is this weekend so hope to get in some miles while I am there.
    Keri