Help please in making Shakeology drinkable!?

Options
jmillig1337
jmillig1337 Posts: 5 Member
PLEASE seriously. I am begging. I have tried everything to make this vegan chocolate sludge something I can stand to drink and nothing has work. I also have the vanilla. I feel like I wasted so much money on it and it is HORRIBLE.

The biggest thing I can't get away from is that it never fully dissolves! There is always a dusty, powdery taste.

I know it is so healthy and all that but I enjoy food so much and this stuff literally makes me angry with how disgusting it is.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    so don't drink it?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yep, ask for a refund. You'll lose $13 of shipping, but it's still worth it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    its obvious...don't drink it! how about just eating normal food? just eat less than you burn and the weight loss will happen.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    PLEASE seriously. I am begging. I have tried everything to make this vegan chocolate sludge something I can stand to drink and nothing has work. I also have the vanilla. I feel like I wasted so much money on it and it is HORRIBLE.

The biggest thing I can't get away from is that it never fully dissolves! There is always a dusty, powdery taste.

I know it is so healthy and all that but I enjoy food so much and this stuff literally makes me angry with how disgusting it is.

have you tried using cocnut water or my new fav almond milk as mixer? i add 3 oz. of fruit say pineapple or raspberry and 1/2 banana for a smooth texture. it will up you carbs a little, leave out banana and use berries, i use these in my protein shakes then i freeze till time to eat. i look forward to it! oh and i also add a handful of spinach. all the benefits and no taste. blend all ingrediants and it will all dissolve. let me know , i have all different recepies, but i also use a different powder. i have 3-4 and change it up on how much protein i need. i use my shake as lunch with some fresh veggies also! good luck. it can taste good, just be creative!
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakeology one time, and couldn't stand it. Go with Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Shake instead. It's much healthier and even raw. Dissolves easy and taste great too.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's actually not "so healthy". It's processed food replacement. Send it back and ask for a refund. There is no reason on earth why you should drink it rather than eat real food.

i really enjoy them. i am unable to have any fat in my diet due to health concerns. great way to get protein, i love it and no fat!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    On the "concern police" saying you shouldn't be drinking meal replacement shakes, I would ignore them. I've lost 120lbs replacing two meals a day m-f with meal replacement shakes from a different company.

On shakeology in particular, it's healthy but WAY over priced for what it is. The brand I use is about $3 for 500 calories and 57g of protein, and the ingredients are much cleaner (primarily flax and chia).

In terms of "being able to drink it". That's... a personal issue. If you can't separate eating for survival vs eating for flavor meal replacement options aren't a good fit for you. Otherwise hold your nose and force it down. Shakeology isn't bad tasting compared to a lot of other brands, so I doubt this is a good route for you. Being honest.
  • xmusic_lover211
    xmusic_lover211 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mix it in a blender. Otherwise it's really gritty and never full mixes.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    On the "concern police" saying you shouldn't be drinking meal replacement shakes, I would ignore them. I've lost 120lbs replacing two meals a day m-f with meal replacement shakes from a different company.

On shakeology in particular, it's healthy but WAY over priced for what it is. The brand I use is about $3 for 500 calories and 57g of protein, and the ingredients are much cleaner (primarily flax and chia).

In terms of "being able to drink it". That's... a personal issue. If you can't separate eating for survival vs eating for flavor meal replacement options aren't a good fit for you. Otherwise hold your nose and force it down. Shakeology isn't bad tasting compared to a lot of other brands, so I doubt this is a good route for you. Being honest.
    It's one thing if they loved the drink, but everything OP has said makes it obvious they don't.

There's no reason they should force themselves to continue a liquid diet they hate when they can spend the calories on something that tastes good.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Most mixes dissolve better in hot liquid over cold so if you are a coffee drinker dissolve it in some hot coffee and then mix in your other liquids and pour over ice. Hot water or milk will also work but the coffee might help disguise the flavor. Peppermint extract is also string enough to cover it up.
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I also agree to ignore all those saying it isn't healthy.. What works for some doesn't always work for all..

I use Shakeology M-F and am amazed at how much better I feel. I'm sure I could eat my lunch and stay within my calorie goal but the Shakeology helps with nutrients that I otherwise wouldn't get.
    I mix mine with 8oz Almond Milk and 4 oz of flavored iced coffee. Tastes pretty good and doesn't take all that long to mix.

Are you using a blender bottle of any kind? They come with a "whisk" ball that helps to break up the powder.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I don't see any "concern police". I see people telling someone who thinks their meal replacement shake is vile that they don't have to drink it if they don't want to. If you're happy doing it, have at it. But why the heck would anyone tell OP to suck it up and drink it if she hates it?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I've thrown away quite a few products over the years because they taste vile. I refuse to chug down something i hate the taste of, and pay through the nose for the privilege of drinking yuckness.
    Shakeology is incredibly expensive, you'd think they would make more of an effort to make it taste palatable...
  • jmillig1337
    jmillig1337 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies, I haven't had a chance to go through all of them so I'm just updating a bit based on whats been said.

Someone mentioned eating for survival vs. eating for taste. Yeah, so not me. I wish it were, but I love food.

I mix it with almond milk and frozen strawberries (usually but it depends on what I have on hand) and blend it. My blender is a cheap one I got to use at work but it is more powerful than I expected and blends up the frozen bits great. Its just the powder that WILL NOT dissolve completely no matter what I do.

I'm not married to it as a meal replacement, I'm open to other options, but I'm trying to make it work since I have it.