This made me feel bad. Any thoughts?

Options
kiiibbb112253
kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberlys birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?

Replies

• kiiibbb112253
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Hopper is American slang for toilet bowl. What the hell is going on here?
    Haha. That's the mom's business lol!
  • kiiibbb112253
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    First what's it matter if the kid was Iver weight or not?
    You were the adult you should have said no and stuck with your response and not been bullied into getting more cookies by thia kid and his mom

It's because he was overweight. I am also struggling with my weight, so I know that he probably felt bad when I said he had already had a cookie. I mean he was practically begging, and it made me feel bad because I could somewhat relate (In a non rude sort of way). I guess I gave him more money because I didn't want to embarrass my daughter anymore. She hates that kind of attention that Hopper had put on her.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    You should have bought the 2nd and 3rd cookies yourself and spit on them before giving one to him and one to his mom.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Sounds like his mother is the one who needs a lesson. SMH....
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Sounds like his mother is the one who needs a lesson. SMH....

I like your user name <3
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    83fc8323-also-know-as-a-life-participation-award.jpg

Lol
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    83fc8323-also-know-as-a-life-participation-award.jpg

Lol

That's a wise chalkboard
  • musick79
    musick79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    They must have been some huge cookies for $2 each!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I would have pulled Hopper's mom aside and told her to go pound sand up her as s.
    ... and continued with a mention of this behavior (her endorsement/support of her child's extortion) to the school administrators.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I am confused. You bought each girl a cookie, but this kid somehow deserved 3 cookies?
    With his crappy attitude he didn't deserve 1 cookie, but I understand 1 to keep your daughter from being embarrassed. I don't see why 3 is necessary and why the teacher/mom and kid were able to con you into that. I would call the school and complain that this teacher is showing special treatment to her child and putting other kids at a disadvantage because of it. Likely your daughter was worried about repercussions from a teacher and that is screwed up when that teacher is looking out for 1 child only.

it's new math
    that's all I can figure
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    musick79 wrote: »
    They must have been some huge cookies for $2 each!

funny, i was thinking how cheap $2 for a cookie is
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hopper clearly has some issues. Sorry that happened on your kid's birthday. :|
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I would NOT have given in for a second cookie after he was a brat!