Slimfast 14 day challenge/ diet

Options
Hello everyone !
I recently started the 14-day slimfast challenge. So far I am impressed with the good taste of the products and how I am surprisingly satisfied at times. I am known to be a big eater.

I was just wondering if anyone else is practicing this diet and what are your experiences,tips, and status.

Thank you :) happy dieting !

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it. I like my food too much.
  • love_jones21
    love_jones21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's why I am glad it's only 14 days . I am going to try the bar today . But a bar goes so quickly :/
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Good luck, hope you don't crash on day 15.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have tried SlimFast and had to white knuckle it until the next meal. It left me cranky. I eat regular, everyday food and had no problem losing weight.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to know what your plan is for day 15
  • runner7102
    runner7102 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Got to echo the comments of those prior to me who are asking why anyone would following a diet that has meal replacement drinks? It doesn't make sense in the long term and not even healthy in the short term. Counting my macros for the first time I am surprised at how I can over eat with sugar, especially since I thought I was someone who managed sugar intake well. I would suggest people learn about foods and the impact they have on their weight and health.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    What happens after day 14...
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    What happens after day 14...

Most likely like after day 4...
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I did that a few years ago.

Actually managed to stick out the 14 days and lost a nice amount. Felt miserable. On day 15 I binged.

OP, if you want to do this, it's on you. But please start planning how you're going to deal with food once you stop with the slimfast. Because that weight will come back faster than you like and it will bring friends.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    The point people are dancing around is that the 14 day slimfast diet, or any _______ diet, is not a long term way of eating, so it really is not helpful as a short term way of eating. Part of the "diet" process should be learning how to eat once the weight has come off and doing these short term things don't teach the essentials of how to eat properly. You would be better served to think about what the slim you would eat, and incorporate that kind of food into your diet now, just at reduced quantities. Far better to do that now than to lose a few pounds over two weeks and gain them back once the 14 days is up. Plus, you'll hate the 14 days far worse than if you ate normal food for those days, just at reduced quantities.

Good luck
  • love_jones21
    Options
    I understand what everyone is saying towards the long run- it is very true. I guess I started the slim fast 14 day as a motivation. There have been soooo many times I start watching what I eat and fall through. So, i guess my thought process was to start with this plan, see good results and get motivated. After feeling excited about losing something for once in my life then i would look into the long term of better eating. I know I will not buy slim fast products for the rest of my life. But i guess im using it as a motivator.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If it works, then great. We all have to learn what works for us as individuals, just so much diet related is BS and scams that it gets confusing when it really is simple. I've tried slimfast in the past and hated the taste.
  • love_jones21
    Options
    The taste is much better now. i hated the taste in the past too. Like I said, I know this is not a long term thing, but I overwhelm myself sometimes with the long-run that I discourage myself before I start..
    So, like i said, I know it wont forever "work" but i think it is building good habits for me: logging (which i havent done consistently before, working out, and sticking to something) After getting this down, I feel like I can be a real dieter that can lose on her own :)
  • defydodds
    defydodds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The taste is much better now. i hated the taste in the past too. Like I said, I know this is not a long term thing, but I overwhelm myself sometimes with the long-run that I discourage myself before I start..
    So, like i said, I know it wont forever "work" but i think it is building good habits for me: logging (which i havent done consistently before, working out, and sticking to something) After getting this down, I feel like I can be a real dieter that can lose on her own :)

I'm starting off with slimfast tomorrow with the same thought process. Feel free to add me as a friend!