Be Careful at Subway

Options

Replies

• Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Probably portion size? Ever check out the not so smart smartones? They say 5 WW Points blah blah.....per serving. Some of those have 2 to 2.5 servings. I dislike the food marketing industry. With something like a meal like that it should have the total calories cause you know nobody is eating 2.5 servings of a smart one. The industry needs to quit pulling the wool over our eyes.
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You gotta watch the sodium to... can cause you to go over....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yuck! I do not like Subway food!
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I Love SUBWAY honey oat grilled chicken wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo.
  • jarnie
    jarnie Posts: 6
    Options
    they will probably say that 170 was for half the sandwich....
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    How could ham, egg, cheese and bread possibly only have 170 calories? Sometimes you have to do a sense-check.

Totally agree. The 6" long bread itself would be 170, and most likely more.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am not Nonna lie, I love the taste of Subway. However this myth of them being some super healthy alternative has got to end. They are sneaky and while some sandwiches get the calories lower they still have a ton of other body poisons in them.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I believe the 170 calories is for the english muffin sandwich, not the 6" flatbread.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love subway! However it is very high in sodium!! Id rather have them than Mcdonalds and I only get their sandwiches every once in a while and most of the time get grilled chicken breasts salad with tons of veggies with olive oil and vinegar: Everything in Moderation like others said majority of time make your own meals and use this as a treat every once in a while
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I always find I get really hungry an hour or two after eating subway - and thats a foot long.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Is it possible that the one listed on here had modifications done to it? Usually what's listed at Subway is just the sandwich itself with no added anything (except maybe veggies).

Exactly..............
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    I am not Nonna lie, I love the taste of Subway. However this myth of them being some super healthy alternative has got to end. They are sneaky and while some sandwiches get the calories lower they still have a ton of other body poisons in them.

All of the nutrition information is clearly provided or is available with a quick search. Sneaky? I don't think so.
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    I went there this morning after doing my walk. I got one of there 6 inch black forest ham, egg white and chese flatbread sandwich. The sign on the glass case said it was only 170 calories. I logged in on here and it said that the sandwich had 370 caloies. I emailed Subway and told them what I thought. I hope they listen.
    How could ham, egg, cheese and bread possibly only have 170 calories? Sometimes you have to do a sense-check.
    The egg white, ham and cheese on Mornin' flatbread is 180:

Egg White & Cheese (with ham)
    180 calories
    5g fat
    12g protein
    22g carbs

The Mornin' flatbread sandwiches are smaller than the 6".
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Subway is so unhealthy anyway. Their breads and flatbreads are loaded with HFCS and the sodium count for all their stuff is through the roof. It's easier, healthier, and cheaper to just make your own!

Plus they taste horrible!
    Not if you get extra jalapeños and extra "Hot Chilli Sauce" on it. Then you can't taste anything. :laugh:
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    If it was a user added item on this site, someone tailored it to what they got. Not what you got. Subway has all the info on the site, you can even build your own sandwich and it tells you all the info. I would double check things before writing angry emails...
  • JellyBelly12410
    Options
    ....i work at subway
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    ....i work at subway

Well then this is all your fault! :laugh:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don’t go to Subway for health. I go there for a foot long hot pastrami and swiss on an Italian herb bread with onions and vinaigrette. MMmmmmmm.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I get the mini turkey with shredded cheese,all the veggies I want and one of the fat free dressings ( I like the honey mustard). Comes to only 270 calories,but over 1000 mgs of sodium.
  • VolcomStonetC
    VolcomStonetC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to work for them. Their is an ingredient in their break which is made from formaldehyde. I do not eat there anymore now due to the fact when we would open new packs of any of the meats it smelled rancid. The meat always smelled terrible but tasted fine, and yes they actually do lie non the calorie counts. it would be better for you to make your own sandwich than go there!