Options

Replies

• Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    murph155 wrote: »
    fitbethlin wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Recently saw someone "fake" pick up the poo because other people were watching, but she didn't really pick it up. Poo-poo fail.

This is bringing up a lot of rage in me. I end up picking up my dog's poo AND some other dog's poo if I can grab it all in the same bag. I live in a city, downtown, where there are special dog poo bags and trashcans every half block! Why would you not even pick it up when it's only 6 inches from the station where the bags are dispensed?!?

In my neighborhood, we have geniuses that pick up and bag the poop, then LEAVE THE BAG THERE!

At our local nature reserve, people bag the poo (if someone else is around, otherwise they leave it) and then throw the bags in the trees despite the availability of bins :( Lovely, not. In winter, all you can see is bags of various colours suspended from the branches. They might as well not bother; if they'd left it on the ground it disappears within a few days; in the trees it's there for months. Some people really are disgusting.

And why is it dog owners think that everyone loves their dogs as much as they do? I grew up with dogs but actually don't like them at all. And I hate owners who cannot control their animals - I don't want their dog's dirty paws all over me, or the snot from their nose all over me. And those who always say "Oh, s/he wouldn't hurt a fly" - this is such rubbish. Just because a dog hasn't hurt anyone up until that point, it doesn't mean to say that it won't hurt anyone in the future. My dad had a dog who, when my older sister was born, went from being a docile animal to being really vicious. He had to be rehomed.

And litter! Why throw it on the ground when there's a bin along the way????
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A certain political party here in the US.

And when people who are crossing the street run / jog halfway and then stop and slug-through the other half ... which is the half that is in front of my car.

But, mostly, a certain political party here in the US.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HOA's that have really super strict rules about everything, EXCEPT the things that matter to me, like how about some adult only evening hours at the pool?!

Parents who think that their kids being really loud is ok no matter where they are.

Parents who ignore their kids crying while shopping, I remember being that poor bored, hungry or tired kid! Leave the store - tend to your child, that dress will just have to wait half an hour while you be a parent!

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    people who don't use manners like it wouldn't kill you to be kind to other people.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

And when people who are crossing the street run / jog halfway and then stop and slug-through the other half ... which is the half that is in front of my car.

I suppose this comment could be applied to either political party...I wonder which one annoys you more...I certainly know which one annoys me ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hating things takes a lot of energy, but mysteriously burns no calories, gets me worked up, and changes nothing. Maybe I hate hating things. ;)

Oh, and: On the "how much is a dash?" question. Darned good odds that if a recipe suggests a dash, pinch, sprinkle of something, it's a flavoring ingredient. So use however much gets you to the flavor you like. Cooking/baking goes beyond following recipes as if they were conveyer belts, delivering one to a solution. Only structural ingredients matter. Learn which those are - some will suprise you - and mess with the rest. It's more fun. :)
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Turn signals in cars that no one seems to use!! It's a flick of the hand, people. Lol

When it's obvious they did use the turn signal "at some point" but you've been behind them for 3 miles and they've been signalling a left turn the entire time
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hating things takes a lot of energy, gets me worked up, and changes nothing. Maybe I hate hating things. ;)

Oh, and: On the "how much is a dash?" question. Darned good odds that if a recipe suggests a dash, pinch, sprinkle of something, it's a flavoring ingredient. So use however much gets you to the flavor you like. Cooking/baking goes beyond following recipes as if they were conveyer belts, delivering one to a solution. Only structural ingredients matter. Learn which those are - some will suprise you - and mess with the rest. It's more fun. :)

My measuring spoons come with a spoon for a dash and a pinch.... Like an 1/8th and 1/16th of a teaspoon. I'm with you though - I put in whatever I put in
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Littering and people leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot because they don't want to walk 20 steps to put it away.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options

I suppose this comment could be applied to either political party...I wonder which one annoys you more...I certainly know which one annoys me ;)

For me, it's the one associated with the disgraceful, willfully ignorant, incoherent lunatic.

Look at the brightside...as a result of this past election we now get to count "t**t-waffle" and "s**t-gibbon" and part of our vernacular
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    People who come to a complete stop to or slow down for a stupidly long time before making a right-hand turn.

Now this brings to mind my pet peeve of people who think that "right on red" gives them the right of way at an intersection and they cut you off. Bonus annoying points if they shoot out and then go slow. The worst offenders for this are at one particular intersection I frequent where opposing traffic has a green left turn arrow for a very brief time (usually lets through only about three cars). It's infuriating.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

And litter! Why throw it on the ground when there's a bin along the way????

argh litter!
    Was walking through town with my mate after school (looooong time ago) and he threw a paper bag from his lunch on the floor. I just stopped in shock and made him go and pick it up. There was a bin 3foot away. And even if not, in pocket til you get home!
    Another time I was driving him home and he made to throw his milkshake cup out of the window. Told him if he did he was walking home....he nearly did it but obviously saw I meant it
    still really good mates btw - I just watch out for him being a complete scrud!

OMG, litter. And right now, I'm extremely annoyed by a particularly type of litter - the movie theater. The movie is over and everyone is leaving the theater and I cannot believe how many people think it's perfectly acceptable to leave their drinks and popcorn and candy trash sitting in the seat or on the floor. Yes, there's a crew coming in to clean up before the next movie. But that doesn't mean you should just leave all of your trash there for them to pick up! They've got like, 10 minutes. Don't make their job harder than it already is. Did you ever notice that crew is standing outside the theater with a giant trash can? Just drop your trash in the can on the way out. It's easy. What is wrong with people?

Early on in my marriage, I discovered that my new husband and stepkids were movie-theater trash-leavers. Horrified. And they INSIST that it's totally okay and expected and that I'm a crazy person. It's been an ongoing *thing* in my family ever since, because I'm the meanest and most unreasonable person EVER because I make them pick up their trash after the movie.

Any current or former movie theater workers want to weigh in? I'd be interested to know whether they're right. Surely they can't be right, right?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When you're out jogging and you're on the other side of the path, which is quite wide, about as wide as a street (especially in the park near me which is a lovely tree-lined loop), and people don't reign their dogs in that are on retractable leashes. I've literally had to jump over several tiny pooches, and had dogs lunge at me because owners don't reign them in. I can understand letting them have free reign if there aren't many people out, but on busy days it's not safe...to the dog or other people. End of rant...lol. And I am a dog owner as well so it's not that I have anything against dogs. I believe most of the dogs are friendly but it's still startling!

There's a reason I don't run at my local park. The morning dog walkers often come in pairs and take up the whole path around the lake. There's a separate dog path, but a lot of them don't take it and it's frustrating.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    ^ similar to Burger King I once worked at - just because I was paid to wipe the tables down does not mean I want to or should have to deal with the carefully stacked tomatoes layered with ketchup that you made and then splatted across the table! :/

but yes, some people I have seen looking weirdly at me when I take my popcorn carton to the bin right outside the screen
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The pick up line at my kid's school. <<<THE WORST>>> It's called patience people.... stay in your lane, don't speed, don't block the bus loading zone, move forward when the line moves and STOP PARKING IN THE PICK UP LINE!! It's pretty basic stuff. Besides what are you going to do with the extra 30 seconds you gain by cutting me off?