Help please in making Shakeology drinkable!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies, I haven't had a chance to go through all of them so I'm just updating a bit based on whats been said.

Someone mentioned eating for survival vs. eating for taste. Yeah, so not me. I wish it were, but I love food.

I mix it with almond milk and frozen strawberries (usually but it depends on what I have on hand) and blend it. My blender is a cheap one I got to use at work but it is more powerful than I expected and blends up the frozen bits great. Its just the powder that WILL NOT dissolve completely no matter what I do.

I'm not married to it as a meal replacement, I'm open to other options, but I'm trying to make it work since I have it.
    Here's an earlier thread where ppl shared options besides trying to learn to love it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10535429/justifying-shakeology#latest
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Banana, PB2 water and ice in a blender/ninja. Every morning.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies, I haven't had a chance to go through all of them so I'm just updating a bit based on whats been said.

Someone mentioned eating for survival vs. eating for taste. Yeah, so not me. I wish it were, but I love food.

I mix it with almond milk and frozen strawberries (usually but it depends on what I have on hand) and blend it. My blender is a cheap one I got to use at work but it is more powerful than I expected and blends up the frozen bits great. Its just the powder that WILL NOT dissolve completely no matter what I do.

I'm not married to it as a meal replacement, I'm open to other options, but I'm trying to make it work since I have it.
    @jmillig1337

https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements
    There's also a link floating around for a ranking on protein powders.. when I find it I'll post it. Both links are informative.
  • ElphieTMoLM
    ElphieTMoLM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink the regular chocolate Shakeology, blended with a ton of ice (I like being able to crunch through ice as a I drink a protein shake, it helps me with the texture) and 3/4 c. of a frozen banana.

I'd take any times for the vegan strawberry though. That one was special.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit, ice, and a blender are your friends!

I add the water and shakeology first and blend it really well. Then when its blended, I add the rest of whatever I plan to use and blend again.

For vegan chocolate, I like to add frozen strawberries and ice. Or frozen (no sugar added) cherries.
    The above poster had a great idea too - I've often used banana and powdered peanut butter too. (Tip: cut up your older bananas and freeze them flat). Frozen fruit helps create a better texture for the shake!

Also adding a touch of almond milk to any mix changes up the flavour too.

Play around with it, see what works for you! If you really don't like it, send it back. Or sell it. Let your coach know and she can maybe connect you with someone who wants to buy it cheap and couldn't afford it otherwise.

If you decide you don't like it, be sure to go online or call beachbody and cancel the autoship! Otherwise you'll get it monthly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding rum and Frangelico?

Hold the shakeo.....
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    The vegan tastes better than the regular. My opinion - there's no way to make it drinkable! Get a refund! If you're looking for a protein powder, go to GNC as they will give you samples to try.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding rum and Frangelico?

That's what I call a Friday Feeling :sunglasses: