Starting apetamin

Options
Hello im new to this but yea, SO i heard alot of good things about Apetamin and i order the pills and i should get them this friday 3/17/17 and i cant wait to start them. After i had my son 3 yrs ago I struggled w my weight i was 86 pounds. I am 5'2. i was soo insecure i eat 2 times a day maybe 1, i am not anorexic by the way i just dont ever have the appetite, i work 2 jobs plus dealing w my son i kinda forget to eat, hard to believe but its true. RN i am 91 (3/15/17) and ive been eating everything i can but my METABOLISM is realllly fast. I cant gain weight so i hope this APETAMIN WORKSSS. My weight goal is 115. & i just wanna add that none of my family members (both sides) arent small so its not like in my blood or anything... I know is going to take time. But does anybody knows how fast apetamin works? Please someone let me know.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Read this thread. If you are only eating 1-2x a day, your metabolism isn't that fast.. its just your ability to consume enough high calorie foods to put you in an adequate range that would enable you to gain weight. I have a bunch of tips and foods/drinks in that thread that you can use. Also, being active as an RN is going to make this a bit harder.

Also, apetamin will work about about 25% of the people (at least according to the few scientist on here) as it's an antihistamine which has a side effect of appetite stimulation. But I would suggest that you need to figure out a strategy to be able to sustain those gains.

From the members on here, there has only really been one that has been considered successful. Most others gain weight, but it tends to be all in their stomach (since it's excessively fast weight gain from huge calories surpluses) and generally fall off once they stop taking it.

I'd also caution you about gaining weight really quick as it's will be almost all fat. I'd also try to start increasing meal frequency as that can stimulate ghrelin production which can increase hunger signals.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You'll gain fat and come back and complain. Every Apetamin thread ends that way.
  • vdesiree2017
    vdesiree2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you @psulemon
  • vdesiree2017
    Options
    @trigden1991 idc if i get too fat lol ive never been 100 pounds only when i was pregnant. i can always work out and get in shape. I JUST WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'd look long term. What are you actually trying to achieve. Because, it would be much easier to set up a long term strategy, than be reactionary in nature and only address short term goals. Quite often, people fail long term because they chase short term goals.

So what do you really want in a body?
  • vdesiree2017
    Options
    @psulemon well i just want to reach 115 pounds and thats it after im 115 pounds and if i get an "ugly" stomach then ill work out ( i dnt mind working out) but to be honest I just want to gain weight and thats it. RN im skinny 91 pounds but i got curves so I know if i gain weight ofc those curves will be bigger lol (all females in my family have big butts)
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @psulemon well i just want to reach 115 pounds and thats it after im 115 pounds and if i get an "ugly" stomach then ill work out ( i dnt mind working out) but to be honest I just want to gain weight and thats it. RN im skinny 91 pounds but i got curves so I know if i gain weight ofc those curves will be bigger lol (all females in my family have big butts)

I can understand that. I would still probably recommend that at least you do some resistance training, even if its a body weight program (like the ones in link below). It won't prevent you from gaining at all and it will mitigate some fat gains. A person who is in your position will not have a more optimal opportunity to gain muscle (very lean or underweight tend to have a better ability to gain muscle). As you gain weight, you decrease insulin sensitivity, which can make it harder to gain muscle. Long term, your health and true goals would be achieved much quicker with a long term approach.

Getting calories is easy if you concentrate on the appropriate ones and do some preplanning. Making meals ahead of time, pre logging calories, drinking calories (like chocolate milk), carrying things like nuts and nut blends, cheese, avocados/guacamole, protein bars, or protein shakes, can all make this easier without adding a ton of food volume. And if you need to occasionally, allocate 10% to 15% of your calories to a treat, like chocolate. Those items don't satiate people and come with a good amount of calories.

Ultimately, the difference between success and failure is dedication. If you don't make it a priority and rely on a potential stimulant, it will not happen, especially since Apetamin has a side effect of drowsiness.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • vdesiree2017
    Options
    @mamafree79 heyy i will friend you. im glad to hear its working for you. RN its working for me. I take 2 pills per day. One in am the other one b4 dinner and in 4 days ive gain 3 pounds!!!! its not much but for me its. I am at 94pounds now. the pills make me soo hungry. next week same day as today(Wednesday) i will weight my self and i hope im ATLEAST at 98
  • vdesiree2017
    Options
    @mamafree79 add me idk how to friend people here (im new)
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also on a weight gain journey and also taking Apetamin. It does give u a belly but as long as u work out it won't be a problem. I started Apetamin in last year and it definitely works. My starting weight was 108. While taking Apetamin I managed to get up to 132 I'm 3 months. But I after 3 months i stopped because my stomach was getting huge!! So I didn't reach my goal. But now I have restarted Apetamin as of last week. And now I work out at least 3 times a week. I'm currently weigh 134 and my goal is 140...so hopefully I will reach it this time lol...but wishing you luck on your journey! We can do it
  • vdesiree2017
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @lplummer324 heyyy im glad to hear it worked for you!! Its working for me i mean im alwayssss hungry. Like today i ate 3! Yes 3 wopper jrs & 3 fries. How? Idk i had a coupon for burger king and i used it lmao. After that i felt hungry, 1 hr later i was at dennys. But anyways. i started the pills 3/18/17 at 91 pounds. Yesterday 3/23/17 i weighted my self and i was 95.5. Probly by sunday ill be near 98. I do have a belly but tbh I DONT CARE. I just wanna reach my goal weight 115 - 120 pounds THEN ill work out my belly. I cant cant weight too see that 115 on my scale
  • Kme_VS_Krystan
    Kme_VS_Krystan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also taking apetamin! I started last year and within 3-4mths I went from 132 to 156lbs. I stop taking it last month but I started back Tuesday after a real stressful patch in my life and losing 6lbs. I think my goal weight this time around will be 160-165lbs. It does give you a lil pug so this time around I will be doing a lot of abs and lower body exercises.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm also taking apetamin! I started last year and within 3-4mths I went from 132 to 156lbs. I stop taking it last month but I started back Tuesday after a real stressful patch in my life and losing 6lbs. I think my goal weight this time around will be 160-165lbs. It does give you a lil pug so this time around I will be doing a lot of abs and lower body exercises.

GOOD LUCK!!

Doing ab work won't stop you from gaining weight around the mid section.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

GOOD LUCK!!

Doing ab work won't stop you from gaining weight around the mid section.

I highly commend your effort in all these apetamin threads! Such a shame people are too foolish to take heed.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @lplummer324 heyyy im glad to hear it worked for you!! Its working for me i mean im alwayssss hungry. Like today i ate 3! Yes 3 wopper jrs & 3 fries. How? Idk i had a coupon for burger king and i used it lmao. After that i felt hungry, 1 hr later i was at dennys. But anyways. i started the pills 3/18/17 at 91 pounds. Yesterday 3/23/17 i weighted my self and i was 95.5. Probly by sunday ill be near 98. I do have a belly but tbh I DONT CARE. I just wanna reach my goal weight 115 - 120 pounds THEN ill work out my belly. I cant cant weight too see that 115 on my scale

I admire your dedication in the pursuit of fatness.
  • Aliciawatson0219
    Aliciawatson0219 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was 96 pounds and then I started taking apetamin and after 2 weeks with that I went to 106 pounds. BUT I didn't have money to keep ordering it so because I couldn't take it as frequently as I should, I am now at 100 pounds. And you have to eat when you take apetamin. You won't gain weight just by taking it and only eating once or twice a day. You have to take that 3 times a day and eat 3 times a day or more cus it will make you hungry. I would love to go back on apetamin I just wish it wasn't so expensive cus it really was helping me. It made me have the appetite to eat my next meal. And you will have to order 3 at a time cus it does empty pretty fast
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

She's hardly going to be fat at 120 lbs!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I didn't see where bodyfat percentage is mentioned at all. People can be plenty fat at 120 lbs. "Fat" depends upon body composition, not just weight. Google "MONW (Metabolically Obese, Normal Weight)", which is the medical term for "skinnyfat".
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I didn't see where bodyfat percentage is mentioned at all. People can be plenty fat at 120 lbs. "Fat" depends upon body composition, not just weight. Google "MONW (Metabolically Obese, Normal Weight)", which is the medical term for "skinnyfat".

I'm aware of that and hey,I'm not defending ampetamine! I've managed to gain weight slowly just by eating more and think that's the best way to do it. But the person in question started at 91 lbs and I can relate to the feeling that you just want to gain weight- any kind of weight. Chances are they'll realise,way before they reach 120 lbs,that nearly 20 lbs of fat mostly round the middle is not a good look and not healthy.