Egg fast

Options

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my absolute favorite food on earth. There is no way I could give them up. I would have a hard time getting from breakfast to lunch without my 9:30 hardboiled egg snack.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mkdkqbek4 wrote: »
    I have been on a egg fast for four days now and I think I;m going yo do it on the weekends of every week . Would that be ok to do?

This is a DIET. A temporary change in eating habits to lose weight. What happens when you get to goal (besides not being able to eat eggs again for several years)?

I don't do diets anymore because I always end up gaining the weight back. This puts me in the overwhelming majority.

Find something that gives you the tools to keep the weight off. Something like eating regular food, but in moderate portions.

If you want to eat fewer calories just 2 or 3 days a week look at Intermittent fasting (5:2 protocol). Maintenance for this is using fast days for the rest of your life to maintain your weight. Lots of info & meal ideas.......

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8628-5-2-diet
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs but I think my husband would divorce me if it was all I ate :D
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    This must be a new fad this month. Don't know how many people I hear doing this, but next month they will be the ones condemning eggs and cholesterol. Just create a calorie deficit and stick to it.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Been doing an egg fast for decades. Can't stand the things. :)

Blasphemy.

;)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Blasphemy.

;)

I'm a picky eater. If there is one thing I regret not liking, it's eggs. If I could teach myself to like them, I would. I cook them for my wife on weekends and even that is tough some time. Just the smell can turn me off.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You know, how about you do what you want to do. If you want to try it, do it!
    They key is to find something sustainable, if you find egg fasting on weekends is working for you and your goals, then do it.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Blasphemy.

;)

I'm a picky eater. If there is one thing I regret not liking, it's eggs. If I could teach myself to like them, I would. I cook them for my wife on weekends and even that is tough some time. Just the smell can turn me off.

Sounds rough! What about like, quiche or something similar to http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20917/egg-and-hash-brown-pie/?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Blasphemy.

;)

Sounds rough! What about like, quiche or something similar to http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20917/egg-and-hash-brown-pie/?

Quiche. Bleh. Taste too much of eggs. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    mkdkqbek4 wrote: »
    I have been on a egg fast for four days now and I think I;m going yo do it on the weekends of every week . Would that be ok to do?

You are a grown up and can do it if you want to. I don't think it sounds very healthy, though -- do you have a plan to get in extra vegetables on the other days to make up for going vegetable free two days of the week?
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    People seem to be referencing gas from eating eggs. Is this really a wide spread thing? I have never had that happen to me from eating eggs. At any rate you may want to reconfigure this plan. Throw in a side of fruit and a vegetable and maybe a slice or two of bread and you will have a wonderful fast. ;)
  • priyamvada_k
    priyamvada_k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lack of fiber, lack of nutrients except for protein and fat - if whole eggs, very high dietary cholesterol; if only egg whites, more lack of nutrients except for protein.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Me neither... Well my stomach can't stand them in their pure form. Intolerance is a bish.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Egg fasts are popular in the keto/low-carb world for reasons beyond me. I guess they work as a fast way to get your body into a state of ketosis - since you're literally eating zero-carbs. So you will get a big whoosh of water weight leaving your body, but as soon as you reintroduce carbs, your weight will go back up to its normal range.

If you want to eat low-carb, eat low-carb. I personally love eating this way - but limiting myself to eggs or fat bombs or bullet-proof coffee is baffling. I don't see the point.