Egg fast

Options

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Lack of fiber, lack of nutrients except for protein and fat - if whole eggs, very high dietary cholesterol; if only egg whites, more lack of nutrients except for protein.

Eggs are very nutrient dense.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    All I can think of are the horrid egg farts....

At one point I was eating 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, eventually I got sick of them and it was quite a time before I could stand to eat one again.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't know that they cause more farting (2 eggs are very commonly part of my breakfast and I haven't experienced it, but then I often eat broccoli at breakfast and haven't experienced any ill effects from that). I do think there's a smell to gas that I associate with eating lots and lots of eggs -- not really sure why, but I know what is being referred to, I think.

My feeling about an egg fast (in addition to that I expressed above) is that it's very likely to put one off eggs, and that would be a huge shame.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »

At one point I was eating 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, eventually I got sick of them and it was quite a time before I could stand to eat one again.

Several people have mentioned gas from eating eggs, but I've never experienced this. Both my husband and I eat at least two eggs every day and haven't experienced "egg farts". Is this a thing?

Maybe it doesn't affect everyone, and I'm not sure if it actually causes MORE gas than usual, but I know for sure when my husband's been eating more eggs because of the delightful sulphurous whiff that starts emanating from his vicinity...
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    you what? never heard of it... I would be so sad if I couldn't eat eggs :/
    you're not eating eggs right? or did I misinterpret...?

It's actually the opposite... pretty much nothing BUT eggs, and fat. Oh the smells!

Smells? What kind of eggs are you eating??
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »

Several people have mentioned gas from eating eggs, but I've never experienced this. Both my husband and I eat at least two eggs every day and haven't experienced "egg farts". Is this a thing?

I was wondering what people were talking about! I love eggs, have them every weekend and sometimes during the week (although just eggbeaters during the week). Never have any issues at all with "smells". :) Nor does my BF.