How much weight did you gain while pregnant?

Options
I gained 11 pound's last time.
Planning a baby again.

Replies

• PregnantShell
    PregnantShell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 weeks and have gained 7lb so far. Hoping to keep my gain to no more than 25-28lb in total.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are interested: this group has a thread going where people are tracking, and its been going a while so there is tons of historical data too.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I gained about 25lbs each time I was pregnant. I have a 4 year old, 6 year old, and a 11 week old. I ate whatever I felt like. Since I'm not a Duggar I figured I should focus on trying to enjoy something that will only happen a couple of times. I worked out while pregnant, but I didn't count calories. I was pudgy before I got pregnant.

I had bad food aversions with #1 and #2. I couldn't eat meat at all. Especially chicken. It looked like human flesh to me.

With #3 I had a much easier pregnancy and no food aversion. I did however, eat Korean BBQ like twice a week for lunch. So good.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The first time I gained 40-45 lbs. I think it was ~35 lbs the second time. Both times all of it came back off on its own by 9 months, I didn't make any attempt to 'try' to lose weight.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I think like 40 lbs both times. Being pregnant was very freeing for me. It was the first time that I wasn't allowed to diet and all the pressure and anxiety of being so body/weight conscious just went away.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I was already overweight 30 pounds or so so I made sure I only gained about 20 in my two pregnancies. It left pretty quick after, but I was still left with the 30+
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Like, 70 pounds. I don't even know how, because I barely ate anything my first trimester, I felt so sick. And my kid was 8 lbs. 5 oz. But I was probably kind of underweight before so my body packed on some extra pounds. I remember toward the end, every time I'd go in to the doctor and get weighed, she'd be like, "OMG, What are you eating???"

I did lose it all pretty quickly, actually. I'll bet a ton of it was water. I had lots of fluid. Plus, my daughter was colicky as hell and I'll bet I burned a million calories just bouncing her day in, day out.
  • Wd011000
    Wd011000 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Probably about 50 pounds each time. Older is 26, younger is 17, so it's hard to remember. I think I've blocked out the actual amount :s . I am 5'8" and weighed about 120 when I got pregnant with the first at age 21, and about 125 when I got pregnant with the second at age 30. After Baby#1 was born, I could fit into my jeans immediately, and within a few weeks was back at 123 lbs (funny that I CAN remember that number). After Baby#2 was born, I weighed about 140, and it was much slower to go away. I finally decided that 130ish was good enough, and stayed there until the last few years (life changes--older, went from being a super-busy single mom with no time to eat to being a SAHM with a pantry full of chips and chocolate readily available, and those baby pounds came back). With both pregnancies, I didn't "eat for two". I just tried to eat 'better' food than my usual junk food diet.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started each time at 137, 5'4".

Baby 1: 65 lbs. baby 2: 60 lbs. baby 3: 35 lbs. baby 4: 65 lbs. working out with each one, weight gain stayed "normal " until late 2nd trimester then...oh well. Babies were 8.3, 11, 9.4, 9.2 lbs...so weight gain and baby size didn't correlate much.

Always got back, now am down 13 lbs from pre baby weight.
  • mamameldahl
    mamameldahl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I gained 15, 5 of those in the last week because of how swollen I was everywhere. But, I was also morbidly obese and my doctor told me not to gain more than 10-15 pounds max.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't be here, but .......

My wife gained very little during her pregnancies. Right after birth she was lighter than when she began each time.
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was so sick both times that I actually lost weight in the first two trimesters and finished at about a 5 pound gain. BUT, when I started breast feeding, I could finally eat again (no heartburn, no nausea) and I gained weight. Don't believe the breastfeeding will make you lose weight hype! It's great for mom and baby if mom can/wants to do it, but it's REALLY easy to eat the extra calories when you're HUNGRY and tired and have no will power. :) Good luck!
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    started at 150 pounds at 5'7 for all pregnancies
    1st baby 9 pounds 2 oz gained 61 pounds
    2nd baby 8 pounds 14 oz gained 35 pounds
    3 rd baby 9 pounds four oz gained 25 pounds but I had gestational diabetes so being on that eating plan really helped me to gain less weight.
    lost all the weight within a year of each pregnancy
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It was many moons ago, but with my first it was a little over 50lbs, she was 6lb 11. I learnt my lesson with her, and put on less than half that with my 2nd, who was a 9 pounder.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 with my first - baby weighed 6.13
    I gained 8 with my second - baby weighed 8.9
    I gained 16 with my third and she weighed 9.9