Why do girls have to be such bleep bleeps??

Options

Replies

• thejulesmarie
    thejulesmarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't bother corporate with an issue that can best be solved in-store. You should've asked to speak to the store manager, not just "a manager". By going outside the store management it could take weeks, even months before the issue reaches the store (let alone the associate) and by then that associate has probably offended other customers as well. Corporate won't coach the associate, just rip the store manager. If you don't think the in-store management will be able to solve the issue, take your money elsewhere. The clothes you bought increased the sales of the store, thus alloting the store more hours for their associates to work, including the associate you found offensive.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it made you feel bad, but what if she was just tired and something she normally does/says every for everyone, of any size, just came across wrong?

Everyone has a story, struggles, trials, and you don't know what's causing a person to act a certain way, and just because you don't know hers doesn't mean she was out to insult you or degrade you. You can't change the things people say, but you can change how you react.

Edit: Also, women's "sizes" are pretty arbitrary and meaningless, especially at a store where things run tight and small (Express). There's nothing insulting about a large size of clothing unless you want it to be insulting.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    OP, I have a $100 gift card from my birthday to Kohl's. Tomorrow, I'm taking my fat *kitten* STRAIGHT to the juniors department and asking for help finding dresses. If anyone even LOOKS like they think I can't fit in one (even though I know I can't), I'm going APE**** in your honor.

**** rainbows and unicorns. No, the world is not made of them, but- I am an EXPERT at being a ***** if it is required and heads will roll just because I'm pissy. People typically go in the back and bring out some rainbows and unicorns for me.

You'll prob get a really nice associate that actually does their job and will be happy to assist you! But thats hilarious! I wish i could be like that but i always follow the rule of treat others how you would like to be treated even if they suck! Unless you get me super mad then i cant help what comes out of my mouth.

LOL...I'm really nice UNTIL...
    Then there is no coming back. I give what I expect until you give me something that doesn't match. THEN I give you more than you ever imagined you'd get, and you won't know how to take that. LMFAO If you ever need to shop in NC, send me a PM and I'll roll with you.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Contact the store, give them a chance to do some "recovery," as this was their bad.
    If you are not satisfied with their contrition, contact the main office.
    I feel confident that if you had a negative experience, especially if it was not handled well at the store, even the main office would want to know!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Call the manager and let them know what happend.

This and she clearly was being a bleep! Don't give her another thought!

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!

Why would you all want to try so hard to make someone lose their job?

I agree! ^
    Because there are unemployed people out there that will actually do their job correctly instead of belittling people without provocation. Duh.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OP, I have a $100 gift card from my birthday to Kohl's. Tomorrow, I'm taking my fat *kitten* STRAIGHT to the juniors department and asking for help finding dresses. If anyone even LOOKS like they think I can't fit in one (even though I know I can't), I'm going APE**** in your honor.

**** rainbows and unicorns. No, the world is not made of them, but- I am an EXPERT at being a ***** if it is required and heads will roll just because I'm pissy. People typically go in the back and bring out some rainbows and unicorns for me.

You'll prob get a really nice associate that actually does their job and will be happy to assist you! But thats hilarious! I wish i could be like that but i always follow the rule of treat others how you would like to be treated even if they suck! Unless you get me super mad then i cant help what comes out of my mouth.

LOL...I'm really nice UNTIL...
    Then there is no coming back. I give what I expect until you give me something that doesn't match. THEN I give you more than you ever imagined you'd get, and you won't know how to take that. LMFAO If you ever need to shop in NC, send me a PM and I'll roll with you.

I hear you on that! I usually let stuff like that go even though it bothers me for awhile! Didnt think so many people on here would continue the bleep cycle by posting rude comments! Why cant people just ignore a post if they dont like what someone posts?!? Ill never understand that on here! Anyways if i am ever in NC we will def go shopping and be like what up bleep bleeps! LMAO Im in PA so im not that far!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Call the manager and let them know what happend.

This and she clearly was being a bleep! Don't give her another thought!

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!

Why would you all want to try so hard to make someone lose their job?

I agree! ^
    Because there are unemployed people out there that will actually do their job correctly instead of belittling people without provocation. Duh.
    People make mistakes you know. Imagine if you lost your job over every small mistake or misunderstanding.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it made you feel bad, but what if she was just tired and something she normally does/says every for everyone, of any size, just came across wrong?

Everyone has a story, struggles, trials, and you don't know what's causing a person to act a certain way, and just because you don't know hers doesn't mean she was out to insult you or degrade you. You can't change the things people say, but you can change how you react.

Edit: Also, women's "sizes" are pretty arbitrary and meaningless, especially at a store where things run tight and small (Express). There's nothing insulting about a large size of clothing unless you want it to be insulting.

You know, understandably everyone has a bad day and sometimes it's the customer who takes it out on the employee, sometimes vice versa. But if it's your JOB to provide customer service, you really have to work on leaving the sh$t at home. A few years back I was working 2 jobs to make extra money. I taught preschool special education during the day and evenings and weekends I worked as a cashier at Walmart. I had a 25 mile each way commute to work and was insanely busy for the year that I did the two job thing. However...at Christmas time when everyone and their freakin' brother was at the store buying stuff, I ran my line efficiently and greeted customers with a smile and a "hi how are you" and eye contact--some people looked at me like I was nuts and asked me how I could possibly be in such a good mood, with the stress of having to move people through the checkout quickly...

My answer: "I can bring a bad attitude to work and let it affect not just me but YOU...or I can smile and chat and make this night go a lot faster and happier for both of us." :)

I am rambling...but my point is that when you work in any customer service job, you're there to provide a service and have satisfied customers as a result. Going out of your way to be rude unnecessarily to someone or judge them about their looks or size (or even outfit, as one previous poster mentioned) is not good customer service, and even though the worker should not necessarily lose her job, she needs coaching on how to better interact with people. Contacting store management or corporate offices can sometimes get that done, where speaking directly to an employee could result in a confrontation of sorts...
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    I am rambling...but my point is that when you work in any customer service job, you're there to provide a service and have satisfied customers as a result. Going out of your way to be rude unnecessarily to someone or judge them about their looks or size (or even outfit, as one previous poster mentioned) is not good customer service, and even though the worker should not necessarily lose her job, she needs coaching on how to better interact with people. Contacting store management or corporate offices can sometimes get that done, where speaking directly to an employee could result in a confrontation of sorts...

This is exactly my point! I worked retail forever and customer service and a postive attitude is pounded into you! If i was rude or didnt help the customer for what they asked i would of got reprimanded big time. Im in the medical field and i sure as h e l l know that if i treated a patient badly they would make sure i knew about it so why would it be different in any other.. I guess the point is that i think customer service has gone way down hill anymore. I didnt start this post for people to argue over getting people in trouble or fired etc. It was just about bad customer service.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    BTW kudos to you for being able to leave your home life at home and do your job with a smile even when it sucked! Most people cant do that these days!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's not girls that are the problem... It's her.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I worked as a manager for Express for years... they actually have HOURLY sales goals and insane pressures to meet the goals of the day.... this manager was absolutely in the wrong and was obviously bothered to help you and actually make a sale.

Absolutely speak up, corporate office will absolutely say something, it will trickle down to regional and store manager. If this is the first 'mistake' this employee has made she will prob get a warning and a stern talking to about her customer service. When I worked for Express we even did morning meetings where we would role-play with each other to practice a positive shopping experience to all customers. Remember, her job is to make the sale and have a happy customer who will return. She failed at this duty. And in my opinion, they need to know of this so that it can be addressed. She wont be fired over one incident, but it should be made known to the managers so that if a pattern of negative behavior continues, then she should and will be let go.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You should have said, "well what size do you wear? Because I KNOW I'm smaller than you.". :D
  • sandiegosummer
    Options
    Ok I am going to be killed for this but here it goes

I used to work and still work part time as a buyer (aka buying lines for small clothing stories). and the one UNIVERSAL truth that I learned about women's fashion is DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIZE ON THE LABEL....EVER....PERIOD...FULL STOP... EXCLAMATION POINT

sizing is COMPLETELY arbitrary and many designers change their cuts FROM SEASON TO SEASON. for example in one boutique i worked for we had a line that ran pretty "true" aka a size six was the international standard (waist 25in, hips 34-35inch, bust 33-34 but one season they decided to use vanity sizing so the above was a size 2!! and then the next they cut their sizes so with the above measurements you would be a size 8 (?!)... needless to say this caused a lot of women to have fits of insecurity and unhappiness. for a garment with the SAME EXACT MEASUREMENTS BUT A DIFFERENT TAG . Additionally some cuts fit different body types differently. For example I have size four shift dresses that will always fit (b/c come on it's a shift dress) and tight form fitting dresses that are a size large that were even pushing it when i was at my thinest (130lbs at 5'8) Additionally if you are taller you can't wear a lot of small dresses these days b/c your bum will hang out... I could go on and on and on

Clearly this sales clerk was rude and that is not acceptable. And you felt that she was judging you and calling you out for being "large lady" ...again UNACCEPTABLE. .. who knows maybe express is getting on the anti-vanity sizing trend that all the designers are on this year, but she could have gone about it in a different and more tactful way (fyi watch out if your fav brand is fitting more snugly check the measurements b/c i've seen a lot of down sizing recently.)

But please PLEASE stop judging yourself by a size on a clothing label. IT IS A MEANINGLESS MEASUREMENT! try on different sizes and styles and see what works best for you

also in general to get the BEST fit..buy a slightly larger size and get it tailored. just cut out the tag when you are done if the sizing bothers you!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Maybe I’m missing something but it sounded like she was just trying to suggest that their store’s clothing doesn’t run true to size and you might want to consider another size. Nothing to do with you but everything to do with how their sizes run. I don’t think she was trying to be rude.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options

this was full of win
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This just sounds just like the time I was shopping at a store here in town and it wasn't long after I had my daughter so I still kind of had my belly pouch and the girl working there, who was much larger than me, decided to open her fat mouth and tell me where the maternity section of the store was!
  • lleesmann
    Options

^This. I managed in retail for a year, and generally the associates have a really good idea of how the clothing in their store fits. In our store, for example, sizing ran a little bigger so most people were shocked when we'd suggest a smaller size. Regardless, I'm sorry she was rude, but maybe she was just "off" in trying to be helpful while you were in the store.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Yes!!! If you ask me how you can help me and I want a size ZERO (which I'm not) you had better bring me a size ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I put it on and can't breath please call 911. :indifferent: <---- me not breathing BUt getting good customer service!!!!!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....what?