Why do girls have to be such bleep bleeps??

Options
So i was shopping at Express today for an outfit to wear to a wedding im going to nxt wkend. Anyways one of the workers comes up and asks if i need help etc and starts offering suggestions on dresses and what not. So she asks me what size i wear in there and i say usually a medium sometimes a small and she goes oh and nastily looks me up and down and then tells me shes going to get larges for me and would only give me the dresses in a medium if "they run big" as she said. The kicker is she was bigger then i am and trying to tell me she had all these dresses in smaller sizes! I really dont have a lot of weight to lose most of it is my baby pouch from my daughter and i want to be fit and tone otherwise most people think im not overweight but this girl killed my ego today! I dont understand why people have to be like that! When i would try on the larges she gave me they were huge and would be falling off but she would still insist i needed bigger sizes. My boyfriend was even giving me looks like wth? So i ended up ditching her and going with a nice sales girl that really helped me out but i left so upset over this other girl trying to make me feel like im a big cow! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Call the manager and let them know what happend.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Nope. I would have spoken to the GM or Manager. This worker will continue treating people like this believing she is being helpful when really she is destroying peoples confidence.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    She was one of the managers!!!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    I don't think you're allowed to say bleep bleep on here.
  • spinachsmoothies
    Options
    You should feel great about yourself, you aren't a miserable fun-sucking troll like she is.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

This! There is no excuse for the way you were treated regardless of the size of the sales associate! I'd complain and then spend my money elsewhere!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If it was a chain, I would complain on their Facebook page, and name the exact location. Or tweet a complaint and @ tag them.

Watch just how fast you get some satisfaction.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options

This and she clearly was being a bleep! Don't give her another thought!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    There will ALWAYS be a manager above a manager. Call and speak with someone different and ask for the GM to contact you. If she is the GM - go higher!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Post it on their facebook wall. When I had an issue with express they took care of it right away when I did the facebook thing.
  • TerrorMayor
    Options
    I don't think you're allowed to say bleep bleep on here.

Omg died of laughter.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I always have sales people tell me my size usually. They do tend to be right most of the time. I don't think what she did was really mean, she was just trying to save you the trouble of trying on the whole store. Express has some things that are supposed to fit kind of big or loose. Like those flow-y type of tops and dresses. Its possible what you thought was a perfect fit was meant to fit kind of loose?

I have the opposite problem there. They always guess me at the small sizes but I like my dress pants to fit on the loose side so I go up a size.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Look up the corporation online and find an email for their customer service and tell them what happened.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Well, that wasn't very bright of her because she lost a sale.
    I remember once I went into a Versace store but because I could get NO ONE to help me I left with out purchasing.I know I am young but that doesn't mean I didn't purposely bring my money to spend. I ended up getting what I wanted at Kate Spade with a very friendly staff :)
    It isn't very smart of salespersons to be rude or ignore customers, because you never know who may actually be buying.

Sounds like her behavior was uncalled for and very rude. I am glad you had someone nicer come help you. I personally would have just ended up going somewhere else!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Just saw your post about her being manager go up the food chain to corporate ! And Facebook and twitter like others suggested!

Why would you all want to try so hard to make someone lose their job?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    There are times in life when you need to look a ***** dead in the eye and ask "What the **** is your problem?" This was one of those times. I suggest you get a lot nastier if anyone ever tries to do this to you again.

I also believe an insult is sometimes appropriate. "You know your fat *kitten* can not fit in a dress smaller than one I would need" would have been right on time.

Stand up for yourself, especially to bleeps.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Those girls usually don't get along with the other workers either and appreciate customer's complaints. My daughters both worked in retail while in college.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    She was one of the managers!!!
    If this is a chain store, contact the main office.
    I have done this before, after visiting a chain store in which I got the WEIRDEST, most inhumane treatment from a young woman.
    I left me feeling very badly, and I just felt I must contact someone in authority.
    I tried to call and talk to the manager of the store, but that did not work....they wouldn't tell me her hours so I could contact her :huh:
    So I contacted the main office.
    I notice, she no longer works there. Sad, but I could hardly imagine shopping there again if she was in there, it was THAT bad.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Why do you care if she's a rude *****? Move along and ignore it.