Replies

• rlcott2231
    rlcott2231 Posts: 11
    Options
    Love that- gonna make some up tonight!
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm definitely trying it....
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Do you think this would work with Cream of Wheat?
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Made this last night and had it this morning with tarte cherries mixed in and it was great. I used 1/3c. quaker oats, 1/3 c. fage plain non fat yogurt, 1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk, covered it till morning and mixed and ate adding in the cherries and it was really good.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Made this last night and had it this morning with tarte cherries mixed in and it was great. I used 1/3c. quaker oats, 1/3 c. fage plain non fat yogurt, 1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk, covered it till morning and mixed and ate adding in the cherries and it was really good.

Glad you liked it. Cherries are soooo good this time of year too!
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Do you think this would work with Cream of Wheat?

I don't see why not, although it may have a soupier texture. Keep me posted if you try it.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not, although it may have a soupier texture. Keep me posted if you try it.
    Will do.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that soon! Sounds good!
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I make something similar with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, one container low carb yogurt, 1/3 cup oats, and cinnamon. Then I add 2 tablespoons slivered almonds on top and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - thanks!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    sounds yum
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal sounds pretty darn good, actually. I'm thinking of making some during the day to have as dessert at night : )

Thanks for sharing the idea!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I make something similar with 1/2 cup cottage cheese, one container low carb yogurt, 1/3 cup oats, and cinnamon. Then I add 2 tablespoons slivered almonds on top and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

That sounds good with cottage cheese too!
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sounds super yummy!
  • bopper
    Options
    I have already had it 2x today. Once for breakfast and once for a snack with a few sour cherries on it. Very good.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I have already had it 2x today. Once for breakfast and once for a snack with a few sour cherries on it. Very good.

Wow, guess you really did like it!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I tried these last night with Steel Cut Oats they were soft enough but someone told me 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of greek plain and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk....anyone starting to see what I finally realized. Yeah Sour cream milky oats is not good. I tried 2 sweet n low and still way to sour. I'm not a big sweet in the morning person but this was not good. I'm going to try tonight again with regular oats and just the almond milk and then add sweetner or fruit. Hopefully make a big difference.

I tried it and it was sour. I added 1/2 TBL of honey, some cinnamon and fresh ground nutmeg. It was much better then. I wish I had some blueberries for it, they would be great!
  • bopper
    Options
    Just had my oatmeal snack. Really good, and I used splenda in mine along with Tarte cherries.
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump