Sugar guilt

Options
2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Neutralize? I'm not sure I'm following. Sugar doesn't need neutralizing as the body is more than capable of taking care of itself. If it is guilt that you're trying to neutralize, just keep telling yourself that sugar is not harmless. Are you over your calories? If not, then congratulate yourself for staying under.
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No worries, a little sugar is not going to hurt you. No need for guilt just let it go like the others said.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't have 'occasional' sugars. I have desert after dinner every day. Cake including.
    What do you mean 'neutralise' it? Why do you feel guilty?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The best way to neutralize it is to develope a better relationship with food so you don't feel guilty for eating food.
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I find not beating myself up is the perfect anti-donut.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    anyone can share thoughts what to do when u have occasional sugar like doughnut or cake ( whats the best way to neutralise it )

Why do you feel guilty when you eat something that is delucious? Everything in moderation.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    In the context of my diet overall, a doughnut here and there is pretty immaterial. No food makes me feel guilty.
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    In the context of my diet overall, a doughnut here and there is pretty immaterial. No food makes me feel guilty.

Me too. Apart from when I absolutely murdered that hummus.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I get guilty if I leave a doughnut behind. If it's the last one looking at me.

I've been known to go back and save it's *kitten*
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If it works in your eating plan, no guilt!
    If it didn't, oh well, tomorrow's a new day. If I can get in a vigerous workout, maybe I can make it fit.
    I also ask myself, "Did I really enjoy that?" If the answer is no, I explore why I ate that. If the answer is yes (because sometime you DO have to eat that thing because it's so awesome), then maybe I don't lose weight THAT day. Oh well.
    Guilt has a place in life. But if you have a plan, and you just messed up a little, then that's called being human. And there has to be some rigidity and some flexibility, which is hard to strike sometimes. But that's OK. If you do right most of the time, you'll be fine.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    I get guilty if I leave a doughnut behind. If it's the last one looking at me.

I've been known to go back and save it's *asparagus*

OMG did they change the swear word filter?????

(And yeah, don't waste time feeling guilty just for eating something delicious.)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    *kitten* damn
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just eat it but control myself. I'm a sugar addict, I admit it.