Always growling hunger on 1100 cals?

13»

Replies

• crystal479
    crystal479 Posts: 59 Member
    Any tips for no calore fix for an always growling stomach? Sticking to 1100 calories but feel hungry all the time and slightly lightheaded and crabby.

sounds like you calories are to low have you checked to see if you are on the right amount of calories
  • steverobertson3672
    steverobertson3672 Posts: 1 Member
    No wonder you'r hungry. If your looking for weight loss then the worse things you can do is not eat. The body just slows down and eventually you will be unable to do anything and will be ill. If you do lots of exercise then your metabolism will fire up well after you finish the exercise and will burn off any sensible calories you have eaten.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Your tummy is growling for a reason...it's because you're hungry.
    I started at 241 lbs, eating 1600 calories, plus exercise calories and lost 2 lbs/wk. 1100 is insanely low. I tried 1200 for about a week or two, and wound up fatigued and having dizzy spells. It does eventually catch up with you.
    Try the MFP method instead, I promise it works and you'll probably feel more satisfied.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Any tips for no calore fix for an always growling stomach? Sticking to 1100 calories but feel hungry all the time and slightly lightheaded and crabby.

If you are that hungry, then it should be obvious to you that you are not eating enough.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    I would pick up a vegetable to munch but nervous the 30 some calories per serving will set my weight loss back if I go over that 1100

It won't. Trust me.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    I would pick up a vegetable to munch but nervous the 30 some calories per serving will set my weight loss back if I go over that 1100

Good lord, eat the veggies.

Are you really short, old and light? If not, 1100 calories is far too low. How many calories does MFP give you?

I'm 5"8 , 149lbs and i won't go below 1660 calories to lose weight.

I'm 5'7", 151 (stalled a bit this week as I ate out last weekend and went over 1400 calories twice,and had a potluck lunch at work - grrr) and if I ate your amount, it would put me in a steady gain.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    The protein I've got covered in my yogurt and 3 ounce portions of meat besides my veges celery etc. 1100 call was recommend by removemyweight.com and has been successful but slow going keep gaining back water weight so don't want to risk the 1200 cals. I eat my protein and currently also low carb

When I was low carb I was always hungry no matter what I ate. Good luck and eat appropriate calories for your weight, height, age, and gender. 1100 is to low and will eventually cause damage. Is the number on the scale more important than your health? Your husband is doing even more damage to himself than you are. If you love and care about yourself and your husband you should eat in an appropriate manner and not starve yourselves. The way you are losing weight will get you to your goal weight faster but you won't like the way your body looks. Please speak with your doctor about this because you have developed a very unhealthy relationship with food.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

Good lord, eat the veggies.

Are you really short, old and light? If not, 1100 calories is far too low. How many calories does MFP give you?

I'm 5"8 , 149lbs and i won't go below 1660 calories to lose weight.

I'm 5'7", 151 (stalled a bit this week as I ate out last weekend and went over 1400 calories twice,and had a potluck lunch at work - grrr) and if I ate your amount, it would put me in a steady gain.

I exercise so i can eat more, nothing hardcore, just plain and simple walking, usually 10kms a day.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Eat more food for *kitten* sake. 1100 calories. That's literally what I eat before I leave the house in the morning. If you're scared about weight gain. Increase your daily caloric expenditure through exercise. If you feel light headed and lethargic from that low of calories then clearly it's too low. I'm 5'10" 180lbs and if I go below 2000 calories my energy drops and so does my libido and drive to do anything. I currently cut .5-1lb a week at 2700 calories a day. I'm pretty sure you can add a few more from veggies. You really should research caloric deficits a bit more
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited April 2017
    As others have said. There are a few people here that sound like they have disordered eating. I'm 5'10", started at 174 lbs in mid January on around 1800 calories per day. I'm down to 162.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    How do you report a thread to moderators? This seems to be going against the rules here.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Surely this was an April Fools prank. Please don't tell me that anyone could think this is a healthy way of losing weight. How could anyone think eating less calories than you are even burning through exercise will give you a great outcome? How could anyone even do that much exercise on so little calories to begin with?
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,838 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    and
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.