You're worst dating nightmare...

Options

Replies

• DrMercury
    DrMercury Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A guy I met online lived across town and he picked me up for a 2nd or 3rd date and we went back to his house to make me dinner and have drinks and play pool. I don't remember the specifics of what happened, but he got unreasonably mad at something I said (like a gentle ribbing about a goofy face he pulled, something innocuous) and he started yelling in my face. I said I wanted to leave, and he refused to take me home. (I lived like 30 miles away.)

Just wanting to get away, I gathered my purse and went to leave anyway. HE BLOCKED THE DOOR, wedging his boot in the doorjamb. I pulled out my phone and threatened to call the cops if he didn't gtfo of my way. He snarled at me to get out, he never liked me anyway, good riddance you stupid beyotch, etc. As I walked out four seconds later, he begged "wait, don't go! I'm sorry! I'll drive you home!" Not a chance, looney. Then he switched gears again: "Fine, you horrible ****! GET OUT! Leave!" I kept walking and didn't look back. The last I heard was, "Please come back! I love you!"

I started to run.

Oh my f...g g! You sure did the best thing especially when you started to run. Seriously, he sounded as if he'd got something seriously wrong with his entire brain!

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    DrMercury wrote: »
    A guy I met online lived across town and he picked me up for a 2nd or 3rd date and we went back to his house to make me dinner and have drinks and play pool. I don't remember the specifics of what happened, but he got unreasonably mad at something I said (like a gentle ribbing about a goofy face he pulled, something innocuous) and he started yelling in my face. I said I wanted to leave, and he refused to take me home. (I lived like 30 miles away.)

Just wanting to get away, I gathered my purse and went to leave anyway. HE BLOCKED THE DOOR, wedging his boot in the doorjamb. I pulled out my phone and threatened to call the cops if he didn't gtfo of my way. He snarled at me to get out, he never liked me anyway, good riddance you stupid beyotch, etc. As I walked out four seconds later, he begged "wait, don't go! I'm sorry! I'll drive you home!" Not a chance, looney. Then he switched gears again: "Fine, you horrible ****! GET OUT! Leave!" I kept walking and didn't look back. The last I heard was, "Please come back! I love you!"

I started to run.

Oh my f...g g! You sure did the best thing especially when you started to run. Seriously, he sounded as if he'd got something seriously wrong with his entire brain!

He was a complete whack job. Without a doubt there were some screws loose. :#
  • DrMercury
    Options

I started to run.

He was a complete whack job. Without a doubt there were some screws loose. :#

lol, I doubt if the screws were there!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    You should read the thread before posting silly popcorn-eating dog images, piggy.

So sorry to hear about all these terrible, terrifying experiences. I've had my share, too. <3<3<3
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I took two girls to a Dodgers game.

They were so obnoxious that he and I seriously thought about leaving after the seventh inning without them.

We did the decent thing and drove back to the beach where we lived and dropped them off at their apartment.
    It was the last time I even thought about her until this thread.
  • DrMercury
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My roommate and I took two girls to a Dodgers game.

They were so obnoxious that he and I seriously thought about leaving after the seventh inning without them.

We did the decent thing and drove back to the beach where we lived and dropped them off at their apartment.
    It was the last time I even thought about her until this thread.

Very thoughtful of you indeed! :D
  • DrMercury
    Options
    Had a guy talk about himself the whole time, I wouldn't have minded if he were more interesting. He talked about his sex with his ex girlfriends and referred to his pen!s as the "BFG" :s

Heavens! That's just intolerable! :#:s

• Motorsheen
    Options
    No offense.... but where do you womenz find these idiots?

Is it really that difficult out there? ( not a flippant question, okay? I really don't know. )
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Is it really that difficult out there? ( not a flippant question, okay? I really don't know. )

Dating websites, they're a; narcissist's party!
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their game face on.... that's my experience...
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

The decent ones are few and far between.
  • DrMercury
    Options

As a matter of fact these pathological narcissistic gentlemen cherry pick their victims.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I am convinced that, the decent 1's are; already taken! So no, more seeking; for me!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

It's horrible! Absolutely horrible. No exaggeration.

Wow; sorry to hear.....

The golden rule is: Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

I try to take it a step further: Treat others the way they would like to be treated.

It seems decent and manageable.
  • DrMercury
    Options

As a matter of fact these pathological narcissistic gentlemen cherry pick their victims.

And then make it look like they have been approached! So narcissistic surprisingly!
  • DrMercury
    Options

I was approached by the guy I mentioned in a library...I thought that'd be a winner. Nope. He was probably just there to get ideas on what to name his manhood next...in the children's section.

So true! LOL

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options

The "decent ones" are indoctrinated into a society that tells them "nice guys finish last" and either a. become exactly what a lot of this thread is about or b. just stop trying after they've had their heart broken because they were dumped for a "bad boy".

It's reall pretty simple. Nice guys are told they are betas. Bad boys are alphas. Society rewards alphas. Just one PP's humble opinion.
  • DrMercury
    Options

The "decent ones" are indoctrinated into a society that tells them "nice guys finish last" and either a. become exactly what a lot of this thread is about or b. just stop trying after they've had their heart broken because they were dumped for a "bad boy".

It's reall pretty simple. Nice guys are told they are betas. Bad boys are alphas. Society rewards alphas. Just one PP's humble opinion.

I reckon we evolution has done its part on this as when cavemen lived in a small society populated by very few people, any cavemen that stood out or acted alpha became an outcast. These alpha males were looked down upon by everyone including the opposite sex, which resulted in alpha males not reproducing. As a result only beta males reproduced.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I believe that, the "bad boys" created this myth to; justify themselves!