Looking to God instead of food--fellow Believers out there?

Options

Replies

• gonnakeeptrying100
    gonnakeeptrying100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • Yvonnegogi
    Yvonnegogi Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Please add me
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Add me! :smile:
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    jan4jesus2 wrote: »
    Hi, I'd love to be part of this group! Have you heard of the "Mase to Crave" book/study by Lisa Terkheurst? I was actually thinking about trying to start a group where we'd read that book together and have some discussion. That's exactly what the book is about.

I haven't done the study but I did read Made to Crave and it is such a great book! :smile:
  • rosemary31
    rosemary31 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a part of the group. Needing some God loving friends to help encourage and motivate.
  • estephany1
    estephany1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be doing the 21 day Daniel fast starting monday April 3rd. If you want to do it with me feel free to send me a message. In case you do not know what this fast is here it is explained:

"The Daniel Fast is a Biblically based on two parts of Daniel’s fasting experiences.

“Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.” (Daniel 1:12)

“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” (Daniel 10:1-2)

Based on the information that we glean from these references we understand that the Daniel Fast eating plan is vegan in nature, with additional restrictions. In the first Scripture we see that Daniel ate only:

Only Fruits and Vegetables
    And drank ONLY water
    Which would also mean that he ate no processed, artificial, or chemically altered foods. From the second Scripture we learn that Daniel’s diet did not allow:

Animal products
    Pleasant/precious food, which would include all sweeteners, including honey, agave syrup, maples syrup, etc.
    Alcohol
    It has become a tradition that during the Daniel Fast people abstain from

Any kind of leavened bread (anything made with yeast, baking powder, baking soda, etc.)"

http://www.vega-licious.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-the-daniel-fast/
  • elyvegan
    elyvegan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Jesus is my King, but I'm really struggling!
  • mpr2083
    mpr2083 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me please! In need of Godly friends and motivation/support!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    estephany1 wrote: »
    ...Only Fruits and Vegetables
    And drank ONLY water
    Which would also mean that he ate no processed, artificial, or chemically altered foods...

Is that only fruits and vegetables, or would grains and legumes be cool, too, since they all come from plants? What about olive oil - it's somewhat processed and maybe it's a bit "precious" since it's rich (being an oil and all.)

I guess I should just check out the link you included in your original post to find out the answers, duh...

ETA: Checked out the link. You can have:

fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, spices and seasonings, and water

Seems like it's basically just a low-processed, no added sugar, vegan diet. :)
  • CML1414
    CML1414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me please. In need of Godly friends and motivation also.
  • CML1414
    CML1414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to do a book study too.
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    MimiOfTheFraserValley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Christian, & it's great to see others here on MFP. :)<3
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me im a Christian and believer in God love meeting other believers fee free to add me.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    There has been time where I ws confused about religion but I did my research and I found out about Islam (submitting your will to God) other religions with all due respect didn't make sense to me but Islam did because it has one unchanged timeless book with no contradictions and it has so much positive effect. I would say give Quran a try and even listen to it but it's all up to u guys in the end of the day we all worship the same God that's only one and we all are brothers and sisters in humanity. Any one has question can add me or ask me I am willing to advice/help in whatever I know.
    Thank you
    Love you all ❤️
  • cpickar
    cpickar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    estephany1 wrote: »
    Hi, I will be doing the 21 day Daniel fast starting monday April 3rd. If you want to do it with me feel free to send me a message. In case you do not know what this fast is here it is explained:

"The Daniel Fast is a Biblically based on two parts of Daniel’s fasting experiences.

“Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.” (Daniel 1:12)

“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” (Daniel 10:1-2)

Based on the information that we glean from these references we understand that the Daniel Fast eating plan is vegan in nature, with additional restrictions. In the first Scripture we see that Daniel ate only:

Only Fruits and Vegetables
    And drank ONLY water
    Which would also mean that he ate no processed, artificial, or chemically altered foods. From the second Scripture we learn that Daniel’s diet did not allow:

Animal products
    Pleasant/precious food, which would include all sweeteners, including honey, agave syrup, maples syrup, etc.
    Alcohol
    It has become a tradition that during the Daniel Fast people abstain from

Any kind of leavened bread (anything made with yeast, baking powder, baking soda, etc.)"

http://www.vega-licious.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-the-daniel-fast/

Did Daniel not fast because he was in mourning?