What yucky behaviour do you see at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    Where to begin?!?! There is always the not so stealth fart machine on the elliptical that happens to be on either side of me from time to time. Fun! I once saw an older man wearing shorty shorts and nothing underneath doing some very risque stretching and dragging his meatballs across the gym floor. That was quite special. Just the other day I saw a man in spin class wearing a helmet. Safety first! Gotta love the HUGE chick that shows up to zumba wearing TIGHT jeans and her butt crack that makes an appearance up to her neck, because of course she is wearing just her jeans and a sports bra. God help us all. Her source of hydration you ask? A 2 liter bottle of coke. This is JUST 24 Hour Fitness...not land o' freaks!

hahahah Meatballs! Reading these posts have given me some good laughs. I wanna read MORE lol

Not cleaning the machines and skinny pretty girl that weighs 2 lbs sitting next to me talking on phone doing nothing but arguing with her bf. This is why I just do my own thing at home now. Oh and the muscle heads that look confused and the conversations they have are ugh oh ahh ugh ugh.
  • rissuhbissuh
    rissuhbissuh Posts: 125
    Options
    I always run into the guys that pass gas by me then walk away so people think it's me. What makes it worse is that the same guys then give me dirty looks when THEY were the ones who farted. High school boys, I tell you!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    People who don't wear deodorant to the gym. I realize this IS a gym and people are going to be sweaty and likely not smelling their freshest. But, come on. Roll some deo on before you go in. No one wants to be overwhelmed by your body odor.

Okay, SO, there's a store in the mall by me that sells scratch n sniff t-shirts. How awesome would it be to go to the gym, sweat, and start smelling like york peppermint patty or reeses pb? LOL

Bwhahaha. That would be awesome. I wish I could find them around here. I would wear it.. LOL
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I quit going to gyms just for that reason...exchanging BODILY FLUIDS is very dangerous these days. I think you have to wait a few minutes before germs are dead in the open air, otherwise you better use a disinfectant. When I read that a Fireman died from giving a Baby mouth to mouth from an Infection the Baby had, I realized that stuff that's out here is NO joke. Take precautions, don't sit on your home furniture with those "germy" clothes, maybe even wear gloves to the gym, the Gym has always been a "grungy" place. Be careful!

This isn't a "gym" thing, BUT I saw a guy fix a salad using his hands at the self serve salad bar. He could not wait the 30 seconds for the Server to bring out the utensils. They had to remove ALL of the stuff from the salad bar. THAT was TOTALLY inconsiderate and made Me think TWICE about eating at Buffets, Salad Bars...

Call me a germaphobe (I am...lol) but I do NOT eat salad bars, buffets or anything else where other people can touch the food. I thoroughly wash ALL my produce before I eat it too. I hand sanitize carts and I ALWAYS clean the gym equipment before I use it.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i can't believe this thread isn't longer lol. back in the ladies locker room i'm afraid but what bugs me isn't so much the naked ladies, its the naked ladies who proceed to put a foot on the bench in order to dry their feet resulting in a right eyeful ewwwww! why can't they put some knickers on first or wrap the towel around them for heavens sakes
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

Naked women in locker rooms don't bother me, I just think the ones who prance around naked admiring themselves in the mirror are a bit vain and feel sorry for them.

I work in a hotel and from chats with the gym cleaners, the mens locker room is always far worse than the womens' - sorry chaps! :tongue: Certainly when I have to go in there to lock up it STINKS - body odor, fresh sweat, and a heavy mix of farts. :sick:

Obviously I don't go in when there are customers in, but my colleagues assure me there are loads of men who stand and check themselves out naked in the mirrors, and one who regularly trims his pubic hair there - now honestly, why, why why?! :huh:

I am most offended by body odor, in the gym or anywhere else. How hard is it to shower once a day, especially men (sorry chaps, I'm not actually a man hater but they seem to be the worse offenders here, but obviously some women do too) who don't even have much hair to dry and style. :mad: Its offensive, its vile and its certainly not going to help you pick up ladies or make friends. I think it tends to be worse in gyms because people make the mistake of thinking they don't need to shower first, because they are going to get sweaty anyway, right? WRONG! There is a world of difference between fresh and stale sweat. One is quite a turn on, the other is a one way ticket to guarantee you'll never be sharing a bed with anyone who has smelt you.

Here endeth my rant! :bigsmile:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    there was a skinny girl at the gym before I left who insisted on going on the treadmill at a super high incline (as far as it will go!) and then at generally around 11-12mph speed, no problem if you are used to that but she would end up holding herself up on the sides and just swinging her legs in the motion of walking very quickly (not even running!) or hold on to the handles at the front for dear life and hope she didn't fall off..
    I'm all for people doing their own thing but when they are risking doing an Ashley and falling off the treadmill its annoying..

not wiping the equipment down as well..

people wearing inappropriate clothing is another thing.. I used to wear joggers and a baggy tshirt to the gym - no one wants to see me in a tight top lol but some would wear skirts (WHY!?!) and some of the guys would wear those bloody awful Lycra cycling shorts what leave nothing to the imagination.. it's personal choice I know but why would any self respecting middle aged man wear something that clings to everything and gives no support?!?! *gags!*

I don't mind ladies walking round covered up but there was one lady who used to go into the sauna and steam rooms butt naked.. and she wasn't a spring chicken.. I'm pleased you are comfortable in your own body but honestly I don't want to have your naked body image singed onto my retinas!!
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yesterday there was a guy blowing farts out one after another while doing leg presses. Like, the last thing you need to breathe in when you're out of breath is his anal air.

I came across someone's pile of toe nail clippings on the bench in the locker room once. WTF?

LMAO!!!!

It's not farts!!!!! It's rocket assist! All the cool kids do it......

Hahahah!
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I always run into the guys that pass gas by me then walk away so people think it's me. What makes it worse is that the same guys then give me dirty looks when THEY were the ones who farted. High school boys, I tell you!

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Oh man, I don't think I could be the bigger person on this one. They'd probably get a fat lip from me.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mostly people who stick because they dont use deodarant. NOTHING wose than the smell of body funk. Ugh.: noway:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    people on bikes with their pants not pulled up. I really would rather not see your entire *kitten* crack while on the treadmill thank you very much!!
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The sausage fest in the men's locker room is pretty nasty. I posted a story a month or so ago about a naked guy standing about 4 or 5 feet behind me as I tried to weigh in. He wanted to get on it next. Take your tiny sausage back to your locker and come back when I am done. Also see the freaks who use the hair dryers in the nude.

Had a guy earlier this week ripping *kitten* as he leaned forward on one of the bikes. Thankfully my nosed was stuffed up and I didn't smell it, but I was tempted to say something to the jerk.

I do see some people bail on their machines without cleaning them, but what bothers me more is the people that douse their machine with the spray bottle. Most gym members grab a few paper towels from the machine and spray them. Just last week I had to hold my breath so I didn't choke on the chemicals being doused on the machine next to me.
  • NobodyKnows
    Options
    REPOST
  • NobodyKnows
    Options
    REPOST
  • Northantsman
    Options
    Just to add to this: men who shower with the curtain pulled back so everyone can see... (that they don't really have a particular attractive body...)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i have seen this all to comely guy's who use the rest room in the locker room and then grab their stuff and head out the door. there's little poster tell you to please wash your hands. then if i see them in the gym eww grose. it makes me want to leave. then there's the guy's who take up two machines like come on one at a time. or the people who just sit on the machines and don't do anything. back to the locker room the guy who use the toilet and don't flush. i would like nothing more then catch them on the treadmill and hike up the speed to the fast pace just to see them fly

buy the way reading everyone else post was guy busting
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    At my apartment complex gym there is this chick who i swear to god hits the big o every time she gets on the elliptical at least thats what she sounds like , all moaning and grunting through her work out its really bizarre and makes everyone int the gym sincerely uncomfortable , i don't know if she even realizes that she's doing it ,:huh:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    All of this is why I don't go to the gym. :wink: