Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    mutt representation!!!
    half mexican
    half - and i quote
    "english, irish, cherokee indian, blackfoot indian, black dutch, and just plain white" end quote.
    this is my maternal family's best guess anyways... no guarantees.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Dutch and French here but who knows..there's a lot about my history I don't know that I wish I did. I have family in the Netherlands who I'd love to have the balls to (fly) visit.
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    I'm Scottish, Cheerokee, dutch, and british. found out we are related to a mutual grandfather of Abraham Lincoln's on my mothers side :)

We totally might be related! I'm scotch-irish, danish, german, russian, native american, and english. How we're possibly related? I'm related to Mary Todd Lincoln, Abe's wife! I'm also related to Robert the Bruce (King of Scotland), Laura Ingalls Wilder (wrote Little House on the Prarie books) and this one made me laugh: William the Corpulant (obviously fat runs in my family!)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mountain Jew from Azerbaijan. Nobody ever knows where that is.

i do! i do! i even know how to say it! don't ask me how though... i can't figure it out either.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Indian and a little bit European but don't ask me how..maybe something happend when the traders came to India to trade spices? XD
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Irish and Scottish and Native American, I know there are others not sure what they are.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    1/2 Russian
    German
    English
    Irish
    Norweigen

I think that is it...>_<
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Ummm.... German, Irish, Swedish, Polish, French

Also, my great x like 9 cousin slept with Napoleon Bonaparte, and had a *kitten* child with him. We have relatives in Ohio with the last name Bonaparte. So yes, I am a *kitten* relative of a short dictator.

Now that's pretty cool!!

Yeah, agreed. That is awesome.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Korean,
    Native American (which is hear say)
    Irish
    Dutch
    British
    Scottish ....

My poor daughter is all the above plus polish, italian, and more Irish.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese and American but I get called Somoan, Hawaiian, and Mexican all the time.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    English
    German
    Dutch
    Cherokee
    100% American and Awesome :)

My Dads side is well documented. My Fathers family in late 1600's owned the Bramshill house In northeast Hampshire En. and I believe today is used as a police school. When we actually came to America it was with William Penn.
  • Will_is_the_Power
    Options
    English
    Irish
    Scottish
    Dutch
    German
    Cherokee Indian

:smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact I am mostly German.

I only have German ancestry on my dad's side and my mom's side has a bit of Welsh. I spent a good month research my dad's ancestry. It was pretty easy as his German relatives were only 2 generations ahead of him on both his mom and dad's side. It has also been well documented by my family.

My mom's side is hard as her mother left her when she was a toddler and my grandpa has only told me he's welsh.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I love this kind of stuff.

I'm English, Irish, Swedish, German and possibly Dutch. If you look at a family reunion picture of 80+ people they are ALL White. Weird coincidence but I am not related to any other ethnicities closely that I am aware of.

Anyways, I'm supposedly related to John Robinson, the man who coordinated the Mayflower boat to come to America and who did so hidden in Holland or somewhere. He never came across I don't think. My grandmother on my dad's side's last name is Robinson.

We also had a family member involved in the Boston Tea Party. I'm not sure who but the majority of my family lives in Massachusetts except for my dad's parents as they moved to Idaho to be closer to the ski resort here.

I'm also supposedly related to King Olaf of Norway from like 900AD and apparently he was a viking raider. That also means that MILLIONS of other people are related. :) But still cool none the less!

My husband is Italian and his grandfather is actually in a pretty cool picture.
    http://www.iwojima.com/raising/l721flag.gif
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Scottish
    Daneish (?)
    mexican
    french
    german
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    purebred greek here. but somehow i'm 3/4 robot.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    French
    French Canadian
    English
    Irish
    Welsh
    German
    Three different tribes of Native American

My story is similar to the OP.

Some ancestors came over shortly after the original pilgrims and helped settle parts of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Ohio. My dad's family donated the land to start Wesleyan University in CT after receiving land in Ohio as compensation for service in the Revolutionary War. One of my great-greats (mother's side) was the Indian guide for a French fur trapper. I've had ancestors who have fought and/or died in every American war since the Revolution.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Half Cypriot Greek, other half, Russian, Irish, Blackfoot Indian, French and other whites (not sure, from the south of U.S.A, and been here a while.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Irish, Scottish, Polish, and who knows what else?

Cool story - my dad's parents (who were not together at the time) both came to America from Ireland by ship. They were supposed to take the Titanic, but were offered tickets on a different ship a day earlier. They were so anxious to come to America, they took them - thank heavens for me! They both came through Ellis Island, their names are on the historical registry.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    Trinidadian(Black/Ethiopian) + Singaporean(Chinese) ^_^