Alcoholic beverages.

Options
kenzienal
kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
Okay so even though I am dieting(16:8 IF), I still like to enjoy a few drinks on the weekend.

(I have cut back a lot though)

Previously would drink a 12pk of Budlight. Then I looked into the calories. Shew! There goes my entire weeks worth of work. Can't be doing that anymore!

Beer wise, I drink Michelob Ultra now, but lately I have been trying to stick to Vodka based drinks.

Dark liquor and I don't play nicely, plus I don't drink sodas (only use Sprite occasionally as a mixer).

Problem is, my favorite is Deep Eddy's Cranberry Vodka and Sprite, but the indigestion that it gives me is insane! I've spent the last two days miserable from 5-6 of those on Saturday night. Its the sugary, girly drinks that put a hurting on me.

What is your favorite lower calorie alcoholic beverage?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like Guiness, it is dark and heavy but surprisingly low in calories. I also tend to drink it slower. Moscow Mules are also good but watch out for sugar ginger beers.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Chopin on the rocks with a slice of orange
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wine.

I also really like hot toddies when I'm home with a book. I make them by adding a shot of whiskey into lemon tea plus a tsp of honey and a squirt of lemon juice.

As far as bar drinks go, I love picklebacks but those are definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Or just a vodka and club soda with lime.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If I'm going low cal, I go with vodka soda with lime or a glass of wine.

I do fit beer into my day a few times a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I'm cutting I typically stick to vodka or gin and diet tonic...
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm a vodka fan too...I like it with fresca, diet sprite, or soda water with lime or lemons or both
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I do drink, it's gin and tonic or a lot of rum in eggnog.
  • dpack347b
    dpack347b Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drink apothic crush wine and I swear it burns calories...
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    5-6 vodka + sprites in one night?? Holy crap. I would be on the floor with zero memory of the night. lol.

I prefer a couple few beers on Saturdays. My favorite recently has been Revolver Blood & Honey. Super yummy.
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite - or Wine mixed with Grapefruit seltzer (1:3)
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It did get quite bad at one point. Admittedly knowing what time each local shop opens and when they can begin serving from is not a good sign and it took some serious slips and literal falls to give up. Glad to be free of such things, now. I do still drink spirits due to calorie differences between vodka and say a beer, but I always limit myself.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not sure that anything you're drinking in those quantities is going to make you feel great, especially if you do sugary mixers as well.

I suggest switching to plain soda (club soda or something with no sweeteners like Perrier) with a flavoured vodka and maybe a squeeze of citrus (or splash of juice if you need sweetness) if you're planning to drink several of them. It's not even the booze I'm so pearl-clutchy about, honestly, just the idea of drinking like six Sprites...that is a LOT of sugar at once even if you're not sugar-adverse (and I'm really not.) Even diet Sprite would be a better choice IMO (but again, if you're having six then I'd think twice about that. I think diet sodas are fine but that's just a lot in my mind.)

I drink like an old man though, mostly neat peat-y scotches and red wine, and neither of those things are typically something I'd have more than a couple these days.

Prosecco is surprisingly low-calorie if you're into it - a whole bottle, depending on how dry, is in the 500-700 calorie range usually.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda with lime...only 90 calories and since I've lost weight only 3 are needed for a good time.
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Small batch bourbon but since you don't like dark liquor Ciroc flavored vodkas are really good
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wines or Midori and zero calorie lemon lime soda. Delicious, tastes like melons and is only 80ish calories for an 8oz serving (1 oz Midori; 7oz soda). :D
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    If looking for Light-beers check out this: https://www.weihenstephaner.de/en/our-beers/non-alcoholic-wheat-beer/ (If available in USA) it comes with only 80 kcal / 500 ml
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Gin mojitos with no sugar. (also like them virgin). Straight whiskey (doesn't help you I know). Red wine. I used to like lemon drops made with raspberry bacardi with no extra sugar but now they are too sweet for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Personally, lately I'm liking the Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit with sparkling water & a lime wedge. Maybe try the cranberry in that formulation? Not a sweet drink, though. Wine spritzers (wine + sparkling water) are also an option, for a few more calories but more volume. If I have a better wine, especially with a meal, I prefer my wine unadulterated, but the spritzer with a sweeter wine is an OK thing as a cocktail substitute.

Not my favorite, but tomato juice based mixed drinks are not as caloric as soda/pop ones.

Do you drink water while drinking alcohol? Drinking a glass of water for each alcoholic drink can help reduce some of the aftermath issues.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sip straight tequila / vodka / your favorite spirit. Then water. Repeat.

I might have a double tequila; sip it over the course of 5 - 15 mins depending, and then have a pint of water before the next tequila.