In your opinion, what's the most difficult part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is not being able to eat however much when i want.

THIS! And the fact that I can't do this and just lay around and not exercise!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For me it's my chocolate weakness. I am a sucker for chocolate :(
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hardest part? Hmm. I still eat the same foods that I used to (yay for chocolate, pizza and cheese puffs!) so I'd have to say the "hardest" part for me is making sure that I prelog my day in advance to make sure I get enough protien even though it's not even that hard.

^^ This

I find I am most successful when I pre log everything either at the beginning of the day or the night before. If I am working days I also must make my food for the day the night before or I won't be successful.
  • tinksolo
    tinksolo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there's a pro and con of being a person that eats to live vs live to eat.

Trying to balance the correct amount of protein and carbs. But many times I'm under my food goal, yet not losing weight. I know if you are not getting the right balance of food, the body will store it as fat. .
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is not being able to eat however much when i want.

I'd say that is the answer for most people. Certainly is for me.

Not for me. I still eat however much I want at least a couple times per week. I think that's how it makes fasting, eating light in other time easy since ..you know..the satiety is already achieved. No hung up on anything.

The hardest part for me is how to manage all the meals with my wife. She likes me to constantly join her to eat well (big size).
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not gaining it back!
    It takes constant hawking. And, yes, working around my husband's full-fat, full-meat, heart attack waiting to happen diet.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me, its my self sabotage. I get to say 190 and then I see 189 and something in my mind clicks off. I will stay at 189, 190, 191 for what seems like FOREVER (2 yrs). Then I lost 10 more lbs (Sept.-now)and I am stuck at the same 179, 180, 181. I cannot seem to get past the barrier. This started after I got under 200 lbs and its been a real struggle for me mentally ever since. I have no idea why. I am not sure if my body gets set in a new way of eating or if just a real mental thing. It drives me crazy and brings me down though.
  • MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Seeing yourself as a thinner person. I had that issue for awhile.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Staying in my caloric budget. I could have had this weight off so long ago if I had stopped using exercise calories as "what the heck" calories. I ate them just because they were there without regard to hunger. As much as I could have preplanned, prelogged, or waited til tomorrow for that one thing, I kept saying "what the heck" and blew my day. Darned inner Veruca Salt..."But I want it NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!" :/
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    PMS. Feelings of deprivation. Mainly PMS
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    epotasnak wrote: »
    I'm curious. I'm right on the edge of losing my first 20 pounds of my 100 pound goal weight loss journey. In your opinion, what's been the the most difficult part of your weight loss journey?

For me it's keeping control on eating healthy and sticking to my diet plan while family and friends around me indulge in all the foods I use to regularly eat

For me it's being around ppl who can don't eat healthy. Family or friendly functions are a nightmare.a ND when you succeed in not eating their junk food they question you or think ur weird.
  • lauralee328
    lauralee328 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Patience. It's not a big deal to log day after day or to fit in the foods I enjoy (those took some practice though). Being patient when the scale isn't moving and knowing that I am doing everything right, that's the tough part. Life isn't The Biggest Loser, it took a long time of just chugging along to get there. My success story looks like it happened overnight when it was really 3+ years in the making.

I totally agree with this. Patience is the toughest part.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is the plateaus. I'll be losing steady and then the loss just halts. I have to do fancy talking to myself and a lot of reevaluation to keep from just giving up. And then suddenly the weight will start coming off again.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The fact that I can't eat when bored.

Getting used to feeling properly hungry again...

Weirdly I'm missing my junk food binges, last night I was in bed hungry (I ate all my calories for the day), and fantasised about scoffing a multipack of Cadbury's Caramels... I felt kind of disappointed that I wasn't able to do it.

The way you have to keep up with eating all the fresh fruit/veg within a few days of the use-by date is pretty exhausting, I feel like I constantly need to go shopping!!

It's all worth it though!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The way you have to keep up with eating all the fresh fruit/veg within a few days of the use-by date is pretty exhausting, I feel like I constantly need to go shopping!!

I was thinking this on Saturday...this is my 3rd trip to the store this week! But I'm not bothered because the food is cheaper than take out and I walk to the store and back usually.
  • thistimereally
    thistimereally Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Patience with my sloooooow loss and understanding that this is a FOREVER thing. Sometimes I catch myself thinking "its only for a few months until I lose the weight" but after almost 10 years I'm FINALLY starting to realize that it is so easy to put it on/keep it on.
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Patience and friends-co-workers. It's so slow!!!

I have a job that entails eating out and after work drinks. And many friends. While I can restrict my food intake, it's much harder to keep to that 1 glass of wine when they automatically refill. I get tired of looking like the bummer that keeps on saying no. So I'd guess what I find hard is peer pressure...
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Eating less, I didn't need to change how I ate - just the quantity.

Me too. I have always eaten "clean". I just ate too much, too frequently.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Not telling off people at work who give me unsolicited advice about weight loss, or how I approach it, being wrong.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hardest part is the patience...How much longer the results take now that im in my late 40,s