Alcoholic beverages.

Options

Replies

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I don't do low calorie alcohol. I just make sure if I'm going to a bar that I will have enough of an overall weekly deficit to not negatively impact my weight loss efforts. I've also had to learn to cut back, because being drunk really isn't worth how I feel the next morning. I'll go out and drink maybe two Long Island ice teas or have one margarita and call it a night.
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    freeze watermelon. Using an individual-size blender (Bullet, Ninja, etc) fill with chunks to fill line with frozen watermelon. Add 3/4-1 shot tequila , 1/2-3/4 shot cointreau, 1 full shot fresh lime juice. blend. It makes two delicious margs.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    5-6 vodka + sprites in one night?? Holy crap. I would be on the floor with zero memory of the night. lol.

I prefer a couple few beers on Saturdays. My favorite recently has been Revolver Blood & Honey. Super yummy.

My new favorite beer. It's so good!

• LonnieBravo
    LonnieBravo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink a Russian mule. Deep Eddy's Grapefruit, diet ginger beer and a lime wedge. Not sweet and taste pretty good. It replaces the beer I can't drink any more
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Putting thought into it, I prefer my alcohol in food. Rum balls are my fave.
  • ykcamom
    ykcamom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    White wine spritzer. I only put about an ounce of wine in a wine glass and fill the rest with soda water that I make with my soda stream. You can drink quite a few of these suckers and not have many calories or even get drunk! Lol
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If I drink, I'll always make it fit into my daily cals.
    I usually go for beer, my favorite is Brewdog's Punk IPA.
    Or absinthe after a heavy meal. It is actually excellent for digestion.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Vodka snd seltzer with lemon. Wine only if i keep it to 2 glasses. I love beer, ipa's but they give me a gut!
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dry, heavy red wines (Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot) or Bushmills or Jack on the rocks.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    5-6 vodka + sprites in one night?? Holy crap. I would be on the floor with zero memory of the night. lol.

I prefer a couple few beers on Saturdays. My favorite recently has been Revolver Blood & Honey. Super yummy.

I've got a bit of a high tolerance. I wasn't even tipsy after those 5-6. But I also drink pretty slow, and drink water also.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Personally, lately I'm liking the Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit with sparkling water & a lime wedge. Maybe try the cranberry in that formulation? Not a sweet drink, though. Wine spritzers (wine + sparkling water) are also an option, for a few more calories but more volume. If I have a better wine, especially with a meal, I prefer my wine unadulterated, but the spritzer with a sweeter wine is an OK thing as a cocktail substitute.

Not my favorite, but tomato juice based mixed drinks are not as caloric as soda/pop ones.

Do you drink water while drinking alcohol? Drinking a glass of water for each alcoholic drink can help reduce some of the aftermath issues.

A fellow Deep Eddy's lover!

I do try to drink a cup of water in between drinks. I am rarely ever hungover, but the indigestion is always after a night of Deep Eddys Cranberry Vodka and Sprite. Mike's Hard Lemonade gives me terrible indigestion just after one drink. Beer and I get along well, but those calories and I certainly dont. Lol

thanks everyone for awesome ideas! Now I have plenty to this summer :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic - 56 cals. Or a dry white wine or prosecco, cava etc. I like a beer but the calories are too high unless I've saved enough calories or worked out to earn them. which is why I work out a lot :D
  • steph_runn44
    steph_runn44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love vodka water with a lemon. They are super refreshing and I never get hangovers because of all of the water I'm drinking. I'm a fast drinker so I usually get a single tall which helps with the calories too. I also like to get flavored vodka like citron (when I'm home) but I'm cheap when I go out so I usually just get rail.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like red wine, vodka with lacroix, tequila with soda water and lime, or champagne. I rarely have more than 2 drinks though.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I also love Deep Eddy's Cranberry so try this:
    1 shot vodka
    1 shot good cranberry juice
    Fill with Club Soda
    serve with a lemon wedge
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Have you tried hard ciders? I am not much of a drinker - red wine primarily - but the summertime simply screams for hard cider when everyone else is drinking icy beers.
    (edited to add that they run about 125 cals for 12 0unces)
  • jul_bee
    jul_bee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already said this, but try throwing an orange slice or lime into your mich ultra. It adds a little something without too much sugar or extra calories.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Have you tried hard ciders? I am not much of a drinker - red wine primarily - but the summertime simply screams for hard cider when everyone else is drinking icy beers.
    (edited to add that they run about 125 cals for 12 0unces)

Hard ciders are my go-to summer drink too :)
  • karenzehob
    karenzehob Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking flavored vodkas with club soda....not tonic water because it has calories and club soda does not. I usually get raspberry, citrus or blueberry. Sometimes make it a double. Even a double has only 140 calories and no carbs! I've had no problem losing weight while still drinking
  • myselfdemon
    myselfdemon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Smoke+Alcohol+Red Meat+ Zero Exercise!!
    I am gonna change it all!! Failed too many times..but this time I am the winner!! :smile:
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wine, cider, hard ginger beer....
    I'll only drink one drink (usually 2units alcohol) when I drink.