Isagenix - will it work?

Options
Ok... I know there have been a few posts about this, and I am very curious as to the results. Firstly, I am no stranger to MLM... I have seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Right now that is secondary to what I want to find out about this product.

To begin with, Since January 1st 2017, I made a decision to loose some weight and become healthy. I went on Atkins and did the treadmill daily. As of April 1st, 2017... I lost 40lbs and feel amazing. About a month ago, I realized that the my home treadmill was not enough. I joined the gym (GoodLife Fitness on March 1st). My routine is muscle building and then some cardio. To increase protein I went to Costco an Bought Protein powder stuff ($60), I also went to GNC and bought some BCAA splash to use during my workouts ($60). So these retail companies are making a profit of of me and there a literally 100's of choices... I was ignorant and needed guidance.

So, at Goodlife I occasionally nodded at a body builder... I mean the guy is huge... He helped me with form and technique on a few machines. I noticed that he was always carrying a bag around with Isagenix... and thus the conversation started. NOW, am I SKEPTICAL... You bet. But this is not your average Joe. He has been body building for 35 years and is Massive. He has done pro wrestling, Professional Arm wrestling and Body building. As an elite athlete, he is very very very aware of what he put in his body. He told me he has been approached by many companies to represent their product (and I believe him), but six years ago he started with isagenix and has not looked back. Is he trying to sell me a line in his MLM... yup... but so what. We chatted about that and Im not interested. However, I did order the 30 day pro pack and he is training me in the gym.

So here is the deal... I am at hovering between 200-222 lbs... I will repost back here in a few days and the end of the month. I will give you an honest answer about my experience. If it slims me down more and helps me tone up... then that would be amazing. I started at 260 and my goal is 190-200 with a nice beach body. I am 48 years old and right now I feel amazing. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I realize that I can not take anything and simply do the gym stuff, but with all the research I have been doing I realize that there is a science to how your muscles use nutrients. If you can feed them at the right time, it WILL make a difference. So, I was already willing to give Costco and GNC my money and YES they made a profit. Now I will experiment with Isagenix and see how it goes. My order should come in today or tomorrow. Ill have some reading to do and then I will start. Wish me well, or don't. LOL!

Replies

• lucasbrobst
    lucasbrobst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with Vismal entirely.
  • SoozME
    SoozME Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using Isagenix products for over a year. I love them. I especially like the performance line to help fuel my runs. FYI, the eshots are amazing. My two cents. ;-)
  • muxacb
    muxacb Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys... as for calories... I lost 40 pounds eating a crap load of meat eggs and fat. I ate more calories than I burned and lost weight. So although I 100% agree with the formula (Calories in/out), there is more to loosing weight than just counting calories... I was never hungry on Atkins and sometimes knew I HAD to eat vs wanting to eat. But, the order is in, I will see if there is a difference. As far as cost... I have a pro builder who is going to work with me for several hours a week at no charge (I guess something your average "recruiter" will not do). My take on this is, GoodLife wants to charge me $300 for 6 - 1hr sessions with their trainers. If my end result is that I get 12 hours plus of training from this Pro at no extra charge... I'm ahead of the game.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    They work as well as GNC or vitamin shoppe or Amazon products.

By all means, do the research on the products and build your own stacks.
  • _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @vismal spot on.
    Be weary of any claims by supplements as they are not under FDA regulation.
    You can find essentially the same products as Isagenix offers much cheaper, You end up paying for their sales chains not the quality of their products.
  • muxacb
    Options
    Vismal, Im not going to argue with you. I agree about water weight... in fact the first 10lbs is water weight... the next 30 was not. My body switched from burning carbs to burning fat. Im not here to defend the Atkins diet and/or the pro/cons of it. I went from a size 40 pants to 34. I at a 4 eggs every morning, usually some cheese and celery or Atkins bar for lunch and then a 16 oz steak with lots of butter, mushroom and onions and a side salad. My time on the treadmill burned maybe 300 calories. Now if you do the math according to you laws of physics... something is not adding up here. Again, you can convince me that I am imagining my weight loss... but everyone around me is in awe. So the question is... why am I looking to change??? I guess I have been doing some reading and I also want to build muscles. I know carbs are going to be important, in fact I scared shitless to even begin this because my carb intake will go up. But I know building muscles will burn more calories even while Im at rest. So, Vismal, You look like a fit guy and I do value everyones reply but I never ever counted calories on Atkins and ate like a bloody king. Sometimes a whole bloody chicken for dinner.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It's not the products that are going to make you slim down and tone up (whatever that is). It's going to be working with a trainer and a calorie deficit. Guaranteed you give the product all the praise for your hard work though. Also did you just sign up today, to ask a question about Isagenix? Oh and also that body builder, pro wrestler super athlete isn't selling you everything he is taking.
  • muxacb
    Options
    If you never counted calories on Atkins (your words), you have no idea how your calories in compared to your calories out.

ANSWER: I ate a Full BBQ Chicken at least 2 times a week (With lots of Mayo). Google says (just the chicken) is 2,484 Calories less 300 on treadmill - IDK 500 for daily movement. Now Lets add calories from 4 Eggs and Cheese and a whole bunch of other stuff... Hmmm No I did not count calories because it works.
  • muxacb
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    It's not the products that are going to make you slim down and tone up (whatever that is). It's going to be working with a trainer and a calorie deficit. Guaranteed you give the product all the praise for your hard work though. Also did you just sign up today, to ask a question about Isagenix? Oh and also that body builder, pro wrestler super athlete isn't selling you everything he is taking.

I ordered my pack 2 days ago... in fact, we never even spoke about a business plan etc... I suspected it was MLM but honestly, I wanted to try the product. Granted, the Body builder guy has been training for 35 years.... so He did not get there based on these products. Maybe he is taking other stuff and not telling anyone... IDK. But he seems genuine enough and if the average joe told me how great this stuff is, I would be weary. But the fact that this dude is huge, tells me he is not going to put crap into his body. Maybe he is... IDK. (Im changing my profile so you see his size). Again, all opinions are welcome... I'm not here to pitch you, I m not here to get you on Atkins, Im here to see if it makes a difference.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    muxacb wrote: »
    bagge72 wrote: »

I ordered my pack 2 days ago... in fact, we never even spoke about a business plan etc... I suspected it was MLM but honestly, I wanted to try the product. Granted, the Body builder guy has been training for 35 years.... so He did not get there based on these products. Maybe he is taking other stuff and not telling anyone... IDK. But he seems genuine enough and if the average joe told me how great this stuff is, I would be weary. But the fact that this dude is huge, tells me he is not going to put crap into his body. Maybe he is... IDK. (Im changing my profile so you see his size). Again, all opinions are welcome... I'm not here to pitch you, I m not here to get you on Atkins, Im here to see if it makes a difference.

From your first post.

"Is he trying to sell me a line in his MLM... yup... but so what. We chatted about that and Im not interested."

• muxacb
    Options
    Dude (bagge72), stop being a jerk and mocking me. Im not an idiot and understand calories. All I did was cut our carbs... and ate more than I ever did that made me obese. I am not looking for a miracle solution here. GNC and Costco sell a bunch of overpriced stuff as well. If I meet you and you are as fit as this other dude, Ill listen to what you have to say. Detoxing through my armpits sounds like fun... we could do it with the Protein Filled Beers Im marketing.