You know what I hate!!

Options

Replies

• FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Littering and people leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot because they don't want to walk 20 steps to put it away.

Our grocery store has two different sized carts and put up signs so larger and smaller carts get separated. People don't bother. It is the difference of a foot to the right or left, is it really that hard?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Chuck E Cheese birthday parties...c'mon parents, have a little imagination.

What if the kid asks for it? :laugh:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Littering and people leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot because they don't want to walk 20 steps to put it away.

Our grocery store has two different sized carts and put up signs so larger and smaller carts get separated. People don't bother. It is the difference of a foot to the right or left, is it really that hard?

Agreed. To go further, I hate when people don't read signs and follow the rules.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When people smoke and toss their still lit cigarette butts out their car windows. Like seriously? COME ON! Also when someone smokes on their patio below my apartment and well, I might as well never sit on my balcony or have my windows open because it's like they're there with me, just smoking away! I hate it.

Especially in the summer in a state like California, where there's a significant chance that kind of thing will start a wildfire.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

When my son asked to go to Chuck E Cheese, I totally told him the ONLY time a person could go was if they were invited to a birthday party. ;)

No party he's ever gone to was at Chuck E Cheese.

Ha! I did the same thing! I told my daughter that Chuck E. Cheese wasn't even open except for parties. Shoot, she probably still believes that.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I hate it when you can hear someone breathing, especially on conference calls. Put yourself on mute if you're not speaking...maybe I just overall hate having to be on conference calls. Sigh.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I hate it when you can hear someone breathing, especially on conference calls. Put yourself on mute if you're not speaking...maybe I just overall hate having to be on conference calls. Sigh.

Haha. Totally get this. Like hearing someone chew! :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yeah those are absolutely awful. Glad my kids are getting over the 'big parties' stage and been only invited to a couple of them this year.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I hate those recipes that call for using a box of cake mix or that call for a store bought pie crust. Are people so inept that they can't mix a few ingredients together? If you don't care enough about taste to make a pie crust, you might as well buy a pie from the bakery.

How about all those recipes based on Pillsbury dough?
  • Francl27
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I hate those recipes that call for using a box of cake mix or that call for a store bought pie crust. Are people so inept that they can't mix a few ingredients together? If you don't care enough about taste to make a pie crust, you might as well buy a pie from the bakery.

Hahahaha. Yeah. Ugh. I get peeved every time I see those recipes too. Their stuff isn't even great.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When you literally have back to back mettings all day except for one 30 min block...then someone tries to schedule a meeting at that time. I mean COME ON PEOPLE!!! I won't do that to someone simply on principle.
  • tyktok
    tyktok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »
    Recipes that don't give specific measurements!! No offence to the Americans on here, but what the **** is a cup?? How big of a cup? And a "dash" of soy sauce could be anything from a teaspoon full to a full on tidal wave. And there are times that google won't help at all, it gives you different weights for a cup measurement. :D

Did I read this correctly? You're asking "what is a cup?????" One cup is 8 fluid ounces, or 250 milliliters. Cups measure FLUIDS. A cup measurement is not to be confused with WEIGHT. One "cup" of marshmallows will weigh less than one "cup" of marbles. Yet they will both fill the same "cup." The thing I hate is when people get these mixed up.

And Google is very helpful. I'd like to know where Google gives you different "weights" for a "cup" measurement. They're completely different! It's basic stuff you learn in grade school.

As for a "dash" of something. That's just hard to explain because common sense would say that a dash could be compared to a "sprinkle" or a "squirt." Or maybe just "to taste." Common sense.
  • Francl27
    Options
    gumoky wrote: »
    mskimee wrote: »
    Recipes that don't give specific measurements!! No offence to the Americans on here, but what the **** is a cup?? How big of a cup? And a "dash" of soy sauce could be anything from a teaspoon full to a full on tidal wave. And there are times that google won't help at all, it gives you different weights for a cup measurement. :D

Did I read this correctly? You're asking "what is a cup?????" One cup is 8 fluid ounces, or 250 milliliters. Cups measure FLUIDS. A cup measurement is not to be confused with WEIGHT. One "cup" of marshmallows will weigh less than one "cup" of marbles. Yet they will both fill the same "cup." The thing I hate is when people get these mixed up.

And Google is very helpful. I'd like to know where Google gives you different "weights" for a "cup" measurement. They're completely different! It's basic stuff you learn in grade school.

As for a "dash" of something. That's just hard to explain because common sense would say that a dash could be compared to a "sprinkle" or a "squirt." Or maybe just "to taste." Common sense.

That's exactly the problem. US recipes give you cup measurements for SOLIDS.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I hate it when my brain stops working and I end up doing something stupid, like major cleaning the windows from the outside without checking the weather forecast.. GRRRRR
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    When you literally have back to back mettings all day except for one 30 min block...then someone tries to schedule a meeting at that time. I mean COME ON PEOPLE!!! I won't do that to someone simply on principle.

My organization started scheduling meetings at 7:00 a.m. (work day runs 8-5) AND during the lunch hour AND at 4:30. Literally the entire day without ANY breaks. I started blocking out my electronic calendar as "unavailable" a couple days a week so I could get something done. It worked for awhile until people started showing up at my desk to see if I was really there. I no longer work there, thank goodness!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Hahahaha. Yeah. Ugh. I get peeved every time I see those recipes too. Their stuff isn't even great.

Someone should start a worst recipe ever thread! My sister-in-law makes something she calls "fruit salad" that has nothing but cool whip, 1 small can of mandarin oranges and a package of crushed cookies. My kids always called it Aunt Jennie's Cookie Glop. It's her signature dish and she makes it for every occasion. Strangely, the rest of the family thinks it's divine (but then they are the McD's and Domino's crowd).
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have a FB friend that is constantly advertising those wraps. I want to start an argument over how unscientific they are!