Can you still drink DIET pepsi or coke while on a diet?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that it seems to be a common misconception that diet soda has a bunch of sugar in it. It doesn't. I'm not sure why so many people (and I've seen several posts lately) think diet soda is a sugar bomb. It makes no sense. :o
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I've noticed that it seems to be a common misconception that diet soda has a bunch of sugar in it. It doesn't. I'm not sure why so many people (and I've seen several posts lately) think diet soda is a sugar bomb. It makes no sense. :o

Same for sodium
  • misshavenross
    misshavenross Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes you can drink anything that will fit in your calorie goal. You ca even go over if you want, but your rate of loss will slow down.

Btw your profile picture is a model that I would always see in promotions for Chinese mechandise right now the product being modeled is the necklace.

I bought items from the merchant before, so I've seen that picture all over the site. Not sure if you know it's a copyrighted image... unless you're claiming to be the model in question... just a little FYI.

LOL don't kill me this girl thinks I'm using a fake picture???? Come send me the site my girl, I would love to see it
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've lost over a hundred pounds so far and I still drink Diet Coke. Not as much as I used to. I drink a ton of water now but I still have it once a day.
  • georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I gave them up...a ton of sodium in diet drinks. I traded in for presidents choice free and clear flavoured water....nothing but potassium in them.
  • jademflynn
    jademflynn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I enjoy sugar-free drinks in moderation. Just be aware of the caffeine content and acidity level. Drinking diet drinks each day can lead to erosion of the teeth over time. x
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't drink Diet Pepsi!

Look for Pepsi Max. I saw some bottles at the 99 Cent Store recently.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You can. But, some studies show that people who drink diet drinks tend to overeat other items and that interferes with their progress. It's unclear if the artificial sweetness is involved or if people just over-estimate the number of calories they have 'freed up' to eat other foods.

Carbonation on its own can have adverse effects on your calcium metabolism if you drink a lot of fizzy things every day.

Abundance of caution says 'moderation in all things'.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Taco cat, do me!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Yes you can drink anything that will fit in your calorie goal. You ca even go over if you want, but your rate of loss will slow down.

Btw your profile picture is a model that I would always see in promotions for Chinese mechandise right now the product being modeled is the necklace.

I bought items from the merchant before, so I've seen that picture all over the site. Not sure if you know it's a copyrighted image... unless you're claiming to be the model in question... just a little FYI.

There's an option under the report button to report copyright violations. Just a little FYI. :smile:
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options

LOL don't kill me this girl thinks I'm using a fake picture???? Come send me the site my girl, I would love to see it

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://soraouji.com/Tags/%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3&prev=search

Thanks for posting! :open_mouth:
  • LessCookiess
    Options

There's an option under the report button to report copyright violations. Just a little FYI. :smile:

I actually wanted to know if the Op would claim to be the model in question, but from how silent she is I'm guessing not. This is really awkward...
  • LessCookiess
    Options

Waiting to see how this pans out.

:lol: same here! I didn't think things would go this way!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://soraouji.com/Tags/%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B3&prev=search

Hilarious. **Crickets from OP** You gotta' love the internet!

Just... in the age of Google reverse image search, why would you?

people still do it.obviously they dont know how those things work lol