Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I won't taste cottage cheese simply because of the way it looks. I refuse to even try.

I like cottage cheese with pistachios and black olives. . .:smile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that people had such issues with food! Im the complete opposite, Im like andrew zimmern from bizare foods ill eat ANYTHING! I get so bored eating the same thing all the time, im constantly going to random ethnic restaurents and ordering things that I have no idea what they are just to experience other foods. I also enjoy mixing random foods together and condiments are a MUST. My boyfriend says I eat "weirdo foods." haha

lol. . I concur. . . except I do it at home. . I will go on random websites finding ethnic cuisine from different countries and just make it for dinner one night. . lol
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    My family has fun with this one: I do what I call "molecule fingers" when I'm waiting for something like waiting for water to boil. I quickly touch my pinky to my thumb, then ring finger to thumb, middle, index over and over on both hands. I know it doesn't really work, but in my head I am exciting the water molecules so it will boil faster. It started when I used to drive home very late and was trying to keep myself awake, then it progressed to the water boiling watching, then just when I am waiting for something like a bathtub to fill up. Silly, I know...
    I do this when I run. Lol.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When I eat sandwiches or kitkats I like to rip bits of eat it, I very rarely bit into my food.

Also when I eat I very rarely use a knife I just sort of chop with my fork lol
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    When I eat sandwiches or kitkats I like to rip bits of eat it, I very rarely bit into my food.

I have a tendency to eat all the chocolate coating off of kitkats and then eat layers of the wafers one at a time. It's hard work, somehow very satisfying.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    I would like to say "used to", but whenever things in my life happen, I instantly relate it to an episode of "Friends", or be like "omg Chandler would say this."

>.>
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    omg!! I now know that I am not alone lolol!! I have to eat my crusts first, I love condiments could not live with out them!! When I put something (butter, mayo) on my bread I have to make sure that not any one spot is dry! I smooth it all the way out to the crusts! I eat any candy that is small enough two at a time! One on each side of my mouth. I also only eat one thing from my plate, when finished with that I go on to the next one, usually saving my fav for last. An when I eat reeses peanut butter cups I eat all the way around the outside than I eat the middle, I do this with any candy bar that i can. But I am not picky about food I will try almost anything once.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would like to say "used to", but whenever things in my life happen, I instantly relate it to an episode of "Friends", or be like "omg Chandler would say this."

>.>

OMG BWAHAHAHAHAHA

(I do this occasionally :blushing: )
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And as much as possible you will see that the hangers match the color of the item.

My sister-in-law is like this. The shirt color must match the color of the hanger, except white shirts cannot be on white hangers. *shrug*
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Damn, you all are weird. I don't think I have any weird food tendencies. If it looks like food I'll probably give it a try, s'long as it isn't fattening.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Foods that are stacked like crackers, oreos, nutty buddy bars, must be unstacked and eaten in layers.

I eat the food that is closest to me on my plate. I have to turn my plate to move on to another food.

When eating any multi-colored snack (skittles, M&Ms, etc), I pour some into my hand. They are then grouped my color. If there are more of one color than another, I eat enough to make the numbers even. After that point, every bite is one of every color.

I peel bananas upside down eg, from the non-stem end.

I peel grapes with my teeth before I eat them.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If I go to a freshly cleaned toilet (where you can still see the bubbles or purple cleaner in there) I will flush the toilet 5 times. I have a fear of my pee and chemicals mixing and then exploding while I'm sitting there.
    [/quote]

This made me spit water!!!! :laugh:
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I was in school during lunch time if we had french fries I would always eat them first to keep people from stealing them, to this day I still eat my fries first and I have been out of school for a long time.

Can't stand to see burned out light bulbs I have to change them right away.

Clocks that need to be set, my parents love this when time changes and I come over to their house I set all their clocks.

I will not wear anything with the color orange on it, it's a football thing, my gf tells me i'm a dork when I shop for clothes and I will not buy something that is orange.
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    I have to make the perfect fried egg when I cook them, or I will throw them in the trash. I have been through dozens and dozens of eggs learning this process. I absolutely won't let restaurants cook me fried eggs..
  • Mdbondurant
    Options
    If I go to a freshly cleaned toilet (where you can still see the bubbles or purple cleaner in there) I will flush the toilet 5 times. I have a fear of my pee and chemicals mixing and then exploding while I'm sitting there.

[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mdbondurant
    Options
    I constantly feel that I've trapped my cats in the dryer. So when I turn it on, I stop to check it no less than 4 times before I will let it go on a full cycle. And even then, I ask my husband multiple times if he's seen the cats just to make sure.

OCD :laugh: :laugh:
  • DanaR12878
    DanaR12878 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have certain foods that I feel are spcifically hot or cold foods - examples: Pizza is only a hot food, tuna is only a cold food, meatloaf only a hot food - so no cold left over pizza for me, no tuna casserole, tuna hlper, or tuna melts, no meat loaf sandwiches. You get the point - but I do eat both hot and cold ham and turkey and such!

Thats the only one I can think of right now - I may be back :-)
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options

I will not wear anything with the color orange on it, it's a football thing, my gf tells me i'm a dork when I shop for clothes and I will not buy something that is orange.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

TEXAS-longhorn-LOGO.jpg

*giggle*
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any condiments (ie. ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles..)

i'm the total opposite, i'm the condiment queen! I could never eat a dry sandwich, and am a "dipper", if you will....i'll dip anything in anything! and have been like that forever

Ditto for the anything in anything. Especially if its HoneyBBQ sauce. I'll eat that stuff without anything, just dip my finger in and lick it off (nasty, I know, but OHHHH mouth orgasm).

Does it make me crazy that I know I have a ton of things that people called me out for being crazy, but can't think of any right now?

Oh, I know. I eat my pizza top to bottom (as in, crust to tip), never folded but sometimes two slices smashed together. I call it a pizza burger.

I'll be back once I think of more.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

LMAOOOOOOO. Have you ever heard of that or something similar happening, or is that just an (awesomely) overactive imagination?