Beginner Running Groups

Options
Any out there? anyone? anyone?

Replies

• BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    oh yeah I am on week 2 of doing couch to 5k , I was running .5 miles a day before I started but this method will train you on longer distances
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a group or trying to start one?
  • BootCampC
    Options
    not really ,but if I have any questions , I will check on the treads
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @maddiemadkins Yes there are a few different Running Groups/Pages - Couch to 5K Running Program (C25K) and Bridge to 10K.

Then you can move over to the Monthly Running Challenge April's Link.

A link to the Main/Master page for the Monthly Running Challenge Group - the Index of everything.

Running Related sites and a list of Running Books.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Ok silly question time. So I wear a really supportive sports bra so my boobs don't jiggle but when i run my belly jiggles and is very uncomfortable. Do others have this issue? Any good solutions?
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    oh yeah I am on week 2 of doing couch to 5k , I was running .5 miles a day before I started but this method will train you on longer distances

I'm on D1Wk1...it's slow going!
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »

I was looking for a group, but the posts are from yrs ago, I just started MFP a few weeks ago and the site is huge and not super easy to navigate, I do have a short attn span though.
    I just started C25k today.
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @maddiemadkins Yes there are a few different Running Groups/Pages - Couch to 5K Running Program (C25K) and Bridge to 10K.

Then you can move over to the Monthly Running Challenge April's Link.

A link to the Main/Master page for the Monthly Running Challenge Group - the Index of everything.

Running Related sites and a list of Running Books.

Thank you!!!
  • cardioxxbunnyxx
    cardioxxbunnyxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Me!! I've been running now for 2 1/2 months.. My body I think is finally starting to get used to it. In the beginning my hips would be constantly sore, as well as shin splints and a sort of "tightness" feeling in my calves.. I learned that proper running can prevent all of these issues, as with the right running sneaker. I learned that when running you should pretend you are running on hot coals, so pretty much, have a "bounce" in each step you take.. As well as making sure your in an upright position, shoulders back, and try not to let your knew go in front of you foot when stepping on it.

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

I was looking for a group, but the posts are from yrs ago, I just started MFP a few weeks ago and the site is huge and not super easy to navigate, I do have a short attn span though.

you could always come and join us here -

April Running challenge

We're very welcoming, and whilst some of the people there are doing ridiculous amount of miles, we all pretty much start where you are, and not so long ago. There's some VERY knowledgeable people and you'll learn a lot. Plus get plenty of encouragement.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Ok silly question time. So I wear a really supportive sports bra so my boobs don't jiggle but when i run my belly jiggles and is very uncomfortable. Do others have this issue? Any good solutions?

CW-X support wear
    girlinahat wrote: »

April Running challenge

We're very welcoming, and whilst some of the people there are doing ridiculous amount of miles, we all pretty much start where you are, and not so long ago. There's some VERY knowledgeable people and you'll learn a lot. Plus get plenty of encouragement.
    I don't remember starting. . . :smile:

Yes, the (insert month) running challenge thread is pretty much the end all, be all for running on MFP, these days.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

CW-X support wear

April Running challenge

I don't remember starting. . . :smile:

Yes, the (insert month) running challenge thread is pretty much the end all, be all for running on MFP, these days.

I second, or third this. Come to the dark...I mean, running challenge side!
  • maddiemadkins
    Options

April Running challenge

Thank you!!!
  • BootCampC
    Options
    my boobs don't jiggle , but those nipples get sore sometimes.. ouch
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »

How are you making out with c25k?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You know you are getting into running when you pick a route because it has hills. Stay with it in the beginning and one day you will find yourself getting upset when you can't run.
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    You know you are getting into running when you pick a route because it has hills. Stay with it in the beginning and one day you will find yourself getting upset when you can't run.

I look forward to that day!!!
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D3 on C25K. Running rules!!! :)
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    menotyou56 wrote: »
    I just finished W1D3 on C25K. Running rules!!! :)

Awesome!!!
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I just wear a tight nylon like tank top underneath to keep everything in place. My stomach area is absolutely awful!!