Always over on Sodium

Options
Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    No, my problem recently has been going over my calories.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Sodium is only "really" a problem if you have been medically advised to keep to a certain limit.

The only non-medical "downside" to high sodium is it causes higher water retention, which can mask weightloss.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ayybee1114 wrote: »
    Anyone else have this problem?

No. I go over occasionally, but it isn't a big problem for me. Please see my 30 day chart below.

What does your normal day look like? Certain types of foods are known to contain a lot more sodium than others. Just look back through your MFP chart and see where the largest numbers are coming from.

ugsuroiehnqm.png
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yes I just love my sodium I'm trying to drink more water which I've heard does help.
  • Ayybee1114
    Ayybee1114 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    No issues with sodium at all.
  • Ayybee1114
    edited April 2017
    Options

If we're going by the same exact graph.
    I do eat deli meat...which I know has a ton of sodium and is most likely where majority comes from but it's so quick for when I gotta grab and go.

b06kzg263dfg.png
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat all the sodium. I love it. If I need to fit into a little black dress for an occasion I might drop some a few days before an event. Otherwise the water weight is usually worth it for me. I'm healthy though and active.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Deli meat definitely has sodium. I always go over when I eat that or if you go to a restaurant and order grilled meat they put a ton of salt on it.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of salt, on all of my meals. Salt is not a problem unless you have a medical condition. I do not retain water either, but I am low carb.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @Ayybee1114 Yes I suspected it was the type of meat you were eating. Sodium for my meals today was 553, 154, 441, and 110 for a total of 1258 out of 2300 allowed.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    If you're not concerned with sodium, switch to tracking something else (or nothing else). I track macros and fiber, and that's it.
  • Ayybee1114
    Options
    I track carbs, fat, protein and calories.
    Was just wondering what the general consensus was.
  • austinjayford
    austinjayford Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would not worry about sodium intake unless you have hypertension. Eat more salt and drink more water.
  • achampa23
    achampa23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I love salt. I also eat quite a bit of deli meat.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Any dieter worth his/her salt will often be over on sodium. Probably not a big deal unless you have specific medical problems.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Any dieter worth his/her salt will often be over on sodium. Probably not a big deal unless you have specific medical problems.

Why do you say that?