5'5" Woman Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• ll05777
    ll05777 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am 45 y.o 5'5" and my weight is 116 lbs. I eat very little and can go on without food for a long time. I do not look skinny or like an anorexic, i simply look slim.
    Many women ask me what diet I am on. I HATE DIETS. My only diet is to eat plain, simple food and to eat it sometimes..
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and 5'4 3/4". I started at 281 lbs and am currently down to 154. I'm initially aiming for 135 lbs and will reevaluate once there. I'm guessing I'll probably end up somewhere between 126 and 135, but, again, I just won't know until I get there.
  • ehaleyhoward2778
    ehaleyhoward2778 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 22. 5' 5&1/2". Small-medium frame, busty though:/ a few months ago I got down to 122 but that took 3 months of eating around 1350 calories and running/lifting 6 days a week. Hard to sustain during the busy season. I'm now back up to 130 but don't seem to gain any or lose any here without trying hard. I guess you could say 130 is my body's happy weight.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5and 39, I just hit 135 and I'm good here.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 40 years old and 133 pounds. My goal is 130 but then recomp. I was 125 about 5 years ago and I definitely was too thin.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5' 4" - I always think 140lbs is a good place to be but I think I would be truly slender closed to 128lbs or lower. I'll have a play when I get closer.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 5ft 5, medium framed. My ultimate goal is 133 however I have been at around 158 before and couldn't imagine loosing another 25lbs on top of that without looking ill so I am planning on seeing how I feel once I am down in those small numbers ☺☺

59lbs to go.

C x
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've gone for the mid-point in my healthy BMI range, so 133lb (I'm 5ft 6).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm 5ft 5, medium framed. My ultimate goal is 133 however I have been at around 158 before and couldn't imagine loosing another 25lbs on top of that without looking ill so I am planning on seeing how I feel once I am down in those small numbers ☺☺

59lbs to go.

C x

Are you me?! I am 5'5 and historically felt like I had a 160 sticking point. I blew through that with proper calorie counting and hit my GW of 135 two weeks ago. Due to a shoulder injury I was unable to do some strength stuff the last two months and my last loss took a lot of muscle from me and I feel really weak compared to my old self. If you can do strength training, don't neglect it especially in those last pounds.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I like what people are saying about BMI because every body is shaped differently and what looks good weight-wise varies from person to person. As you approach menopause (yes, I know that is the farthest thing on your mind right now) a little extra weight is actually desirable according to my doctor because it helps to keep your bones healthy. Thin / small framed women lose bone mass the fastest and calcium will not help you, in fact extra calcium is not good for you. Also, find a doctor that will work with you to start natural HRT (natural progesterone for perimenopause, which helps keep things in check -- it lessens heavier flow) and a year after menopause to add minute amounts of estrogen (like the Vivelle dot). This will keep you youthful and help you to sustain your "fighting weight" whatever that ends up being. Also, read up on adding desiccated adrenal and adrenal cortex at some point to assist with sustained weight loss after menopause since your adrenals take over hormone production when menopause kicks in for real.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm 36 and 5'6'' with a medium/large frame. My goal is 125, which is only 10 pounds away now. I'm trying to convince myself to focus on exercise and really tone up, but I've been mostly focusing on diet only.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    5'4.5", medium/large frame. Still would love to reach 130 but I get ridiculously hungry when I get under 135, so getting back to that would be nice (I'm 140 currently. Went down to 133 but gained back 7 lbs in 4 years).
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 112/113 at 45 yrs old. Would like to get to 109/110. I would rather be thin/lean than bulked. Good luck!
  • Marandawalker92
    Marandawalker92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5" & currently weigh 153..i still feel chubby in my belly and have set my goal to 135...though as I continue to loose weight I'm now thinking 135 will have no curves, just a stick body.. It just depends on how you look & feel with your body:) good luck
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    5'5 and a bit, 41, just recently got to my goal weight of 139 (63kg). I so envy the previous poster whose leg inseam is 33'' - mine is barely 28''. Because of my really long torso and short legs I don't think I should go much lower in weight; I fit into UK size 10 easily now, and I'm happy to stay there.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4-1/2", just turned 50, and I weigh 132. This is a good weight for me, but with bikini season and a super fun beach trip coming up, I'm trying to tone my tummy a bit! I want rockstar abs! :-)
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    5'4.5, GW is 135 and will re-evaluate when there. CW173.9//SW177. I'm currently more of a pear shape but tend to look more hourglass as I get below 155. I'm 29 and small/medium frame? (wrist is 5in).
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. I'm 5'5". In my twenties I got down to like 120 and that was because I worked more than one active job and had no time to eat--don't think I'll ever see that again as I can't imagine not eating at all for 24 hours at a time without passing out now. People told me I looked too thin, except my mother who thought that was a good weight on me. Later I got up to 145 and most people told me I looked "ok," like average (except my mother who contstantly told me how fat I was). Now I'm about 180 (down from 189)... Sigh. Ideally I think I'd like to be 130, but I don't know if that's realistic to me. I could never wear very small clothing sizes, even at my thinnest, because my hips and shoulders were both always too big. Even my arms--couldn't fit my forearms into the sleeves of many jackets and coats, my calves tend to be too big for most "fashion boots" or "slim pants" even at my lightest.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Suzymo3 wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out my final goal weight and could use some help. I have researched so many charts and they are all so different so, would like to get the opinions of some MFPals as to what you have set as your goal weight? I am a 5'5" woman and am 44 years old. I am small-medium frame. If some of you are similar please share your goal weight with me. Thanks for your help!

Age 42. 5'5.5" and I'm happy around 125-128. I have some 'flab' still but also need to build some muscle so figure those two details could balance out. (Continued slow fat loss and muscle gain, at some point.)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I would encourage to focus on not only the scale. Set a goal for the top of your BMI range, which would be 144. Take measurements & progress pics and begin strength training. When you get to 145, you will better be able to evaluate what will be acceptable to you personally and what is sustainable in terms of calories. Strength training will help you look better regardless of what weight you end up at!