Breakfast ideas

Options
Mummatobe24
Mummatobe24 Posts: 27 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some different breakfast ideas please, I currently have oatmeal with milk and a banana. Thank you

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hahah, almost everyday I eat oatmeal. Oatmeal with half an apple, cinnamon, and milled flaxseeds. When I have time, I love me some eggs and bacon! Nothing wrong with meat for breakfast unless you're not a meat eater. There have been times where I'll also eat tuna salad, but it's just a can of tuna mashed with half an avocado, a bit of white onion, and some spices for flavor.

Another quick breakfast idea can also be a peanut butter sandwich with fruit.. I like peanut butter and strawberries.
  • JAYDENJONES78
    JAYDENJONES78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I RECENTLY STARTED EATING 2-3 EGGS SCRAMBLED WITH EITHER BROCCOLI, KALE OR SWEET PEAS. GREAT PROTEIN ND FIBER INTAKE TO START OFF YOUR MORNING. LOVE HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY PANCAKES ND TURKEY BACON TOO!!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I RECENTLY STARTED EATING 2-3 EGGS SCRAMBLED WITH EITHER BROCCOLI, KALE OR SWEET PEAS.

Well, this certainly gave me an idea XD
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Eggs or Oatmeal; depending if I have fresh fruits in the fridge to mix with the Oatmeal or not lol. Most vegetables go well with scrambled eggs if you let them stir in a tea spoon of olive oil beforehand. Personal favorites are onions with a dash of Parsely, or just some tomatoes with the egg.

For the oatmeal; either I mix some fruits and milk with it (cinnamon tastes great with some of the fruits, like apple); or, if I don't have fresh fruits and don't want to eat/don't have the time to make eggs; I put 1tbs of honey in warm milk, then add the oatmeal. Honey contains a lot of calories tho, even tho I personally don't mind it since its health benefits outweight the calorie intake.

In summer; I usually mix my oatmeal with Yogurt (plain if I have fruits to add, otherwise I use strawberry Yogurt) because I don't like warm breakfasts in summer; and I can't stomach cold milk.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Porridge with peanut butter!
    Every day
    Every single day!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    For breakfast this morning I made steel cut oats topped with a little butter, poached egg, parmesan and S&P. Yum.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Baked at 375 until totally set and firm-- about 40 minutes in a convection oven, little over an hour in a full size oven
  • Mummatobe24
    Options
    I make crust less quiches every couple days--

2 cups liquid egg whites
    1 cup 2% cottage cheese (4% is fine, too, but it bugs my stomach)
    .5 cup shredded/crumbled cheese of your choice
    .5 cup meat or mushrooms
    1.5 cup spinach or 1 cup chopped other vegetable

So many options.

It usually works out to be about 200 calories for a quarter of the quiche.

Here is my bacon, sharp cheddar, and spinach breakfast todayzhzh2m7azt11.jpg
    (topped with Frank's hot sauce of course)

That looks amazing definitely going to give that a go thank you
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    The night before I mix muesli with a bit of milk and vanilla Greek yogurt. Put that in the fridge and enjoy it the next day, sprinkled with cinnamon.

Or I'll take a couple of slices of 100% whole wheat toast and put a soft boiled egg on top of each, then season. Eggs can be easily soft boiled in the microwave so it's a quick meal.

• SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Mix:
    1/2 cup oats
    2 tbsp PB2
    half scoop chocolate Vega protein powder
    Add:
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

I eat with a spoon like cereal. I imagine it would thicken up if you let it sit overnight. Comes to 285 calories. I ate breakfast at 7:30am and wasn't hungry until 11:45!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I alternate between:

2 fried eggs on whole-grain toast

A homemade Egg McMuffin (light English muffin, fried egg, Canadian bacon, and cheddar), and

Plain whole-milk yogurt with applesauce, almonds, and cinnamon.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal a lot but when I need a change I cook a single egg in a ring mold. Serve it on a toasted english muffin with a slice of cheese and two strips of bacon.
  • Mummatobe24
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    The night before I mix muesli with a bit of milk and vanilla Greek yogurt. Put that in the fridge and enjoy it the next day, sprinkled with cinnamon.

Or I'll take a couple of slices of 100% whole wheat toast and put a soft boiled egg on top of each, then season. Eggs can be easily soft boiled in the microwave so it's a quick meal.

Will be trying this! Sounds delicious

• Mummatobe24
    Options
    SciWhiz wrote: »
    Mix:
    1/2 cup oats
    2 tbsp PB2
    half scoop chocolate Vega protein powder
    Add:
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

I eat with a spoon like cereal. I imagine it would thicken up if you let it sit overnight. Comes to 285 calories. I ate breakfast at 7:30am and wasn't hungry until 11:45!

I will order the Pb2 this sounds amazing thank you so much
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually do a protein yogurt (14-15g of protein) and a cup of coffee with half n half and a couple teaspoons of sugar. On the weekends, I may have a bowl of cereal, some fruit and eggs or oatmeal.
  • SuziGomez9
    SuziGomez9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal pancakes EVERYDAY with a side of peppered eggs whites and some avocado! I still have yet to get tired of it!
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some different breakfast ideas please, I currently have oatmeal with milk and a banana. Thank you

I spruce up my oatmeal: mash 1/2 banana, mix in 1 serving of oatmeal, one serving of egg white, a dash of vanilla almond milk and water (amount of water = just enough to cover oatmeal). Put it in the microwave for aprox 1.5 minutes. It's like having a banana muffin. Sometimes I'll leave out the egg whites and put some frozen fruit on top before microwaving (only about 1 min).
  • adeleloftus
    adeleloftus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    English muffin with greek yogurt and berries ☺
  • nationalvillage3215
    nationalvillage3215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast:
    1 fried egg (using spray oil), 1 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage patty, 1 piece Nature's Own Life wheat bread with spray butter = 175 calories