Fell off my diet

Options
Fell off my diet in spectacular style last night. The thing is I didn't even enjoy what I ate and feel rather sick today as a result. I just ate for the sake of eating.

I hope it hasn't set me back too much.

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all from time to time - if it's an occasional thing, shrug it off and get back on plan. If it happens frequently check to ensure that your deficit is not too steep.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It will only set you back if you give up. We all slip up. Move on.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. If you frame this as "falling off" it could spiral into not continuing. Life happened. As long as you're largely consistent over time it's no biggie.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. As long as you get back on track, then the long term effects will be negligible.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    its one day, log it, move on...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Get back on it again :smile:
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Fell off my diet in spectacular style last night. The thing is I didn't even enjoy what I ate and feel rather sick today as a result. I just ate for the sake of eating.

I did the same last weekend.... just pick yourself up and dust yourself down..... if you were travelling a long way and took a wrong turn you wouldn't just go back home and quit ... you'd find your way again .... you have to do the same... sometimes we fall ... we just have to pick ourselves up again.

I had a proper binge last weekend (1st time this year) and it took me a while to get over it mentally and realise it was just a single mistake in a 4 months of solid work and progress... it can't break us!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day... remember this disgusted feeling for the next time you are tempted to eat for the sake of eating... Like the others have said, log it and move on.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Im not on a diet, ive changed my life style
    And sometimes in life we eat heavier some days
    I fully intend to eat some yummy resturant food on friday for my birthday. Some cake and ice cream too, maybe a cocktail
    Saturday regular life resumes
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's OK! Keep going toward your goals! If your tummy hurts try a bottle of kombucha!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    put some ice on it!
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! I'm currently feeling sorry for myself because I lost 17 lbs in 4 months and then fell off the wagon in a big way for 2 whole months. So not just a one night or weekend binge but all out sabotage. I finally got back on the scale and I had gained 5 lbs back. Ugh!

But you know? I'm still 12 lbs down from my starting weight! I'm choosing to look at it that way instead of feeling sorry for myself. Yes, I took some steps back but I'm still ahead in the long run!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »

What did you eat?
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    As long as you learned something from the experience, then it wasnt a complete bust. Now you know what pitfalls to watch out for in the future, how you reacted to those and what to change, how you felt afterwards and that you didnt like it, and how to plan for future similar situations. Get back on the wagon today, and keep looking forward!