Options

Replies

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    owa1s wrote: »
    Honestly, mine was "eat more, lift heavier"

Probably the opposite of what a lot of people on here would agree with, but it helped me gain muscle and get closer to my ideal body

Well eat in surplus is better than "eat more" because eating as much as u want will just bring on a lot of fat with the muscle you've gained

Where did she say "eat as much as u want"? Maybe I just missed that part in her post, let me go read it again.

Uhhh, nope.
    So u r firm believer in eating more and not gaining fat?

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Probably the opposite of what a lot of people on here would agree with, but it helped me gain muscle and get closer to my ideal body

Well eat in surplus is better than "eat more" because eating as much as u want will just bring on a lot of fat with the muscle you've gained

Where did she say "eat as much as u want"? Maybe I just missed that part in her post, let me go read it again.

Uhhh, nope.

Did you start this thread just so you could rag on the advice which made other peoples' lives better? Because someone posted a piece of advice that made their life better, and all you've come back to do is pick at it.
    why is everyone being so rude, I just give my opinion cuz I did that and it didn't work for me , I did not mean to rag on anyone's advice. I will still be nice and not try to cause any arguments cuz it's pointless. Go ahead I wouldn't comment now to "rag" on people's opinions.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Uhhh, nope.

Did you start this thread just so you could rag on the advice which made other peoples' lives better? Because someone posted a piece of advice that made their life better, and all you've come back to do is pick at it.
    why is everyone being so rude, I just give my opinion cuz I did that and it didn't work for me , I did not mean to rag on anyone's advice. I will still be nice and not try to cause any arguments cuz it's pointless. Go ahead I wouldn't comment now to "rag" on people's opinions.

The person you're referring to simplified the advice they were given down to "eat more" for the purposes of the thread.

If you go into any thread where someone is asking how to gain muscle you will see they get tailored specific advice to them and their situation. You're presenting strawmen.

Best advice I got? Ditch your *kitten* up family. Took me a while but I've never looked back.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    "The inability to start is not laziness. It is fear."
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Thank you, usmcmp, that is a wonderful inspiration that you shared.
  • northerngirl09
    northerngirl09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "When you think about quitting, remember why you started"

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
  • cdorfeuille
    cdorfeuille Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pain is only temporary. It can last for a minute, an hour, or a day but eventually it will subside. If you quit however, it will last forever.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    MTFU
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    4720.jpg

whatthecaterpillarcallstheendoftheworldthemastercallsabutterfly.jpg

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    "Don't block with your face."
    "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

http://www.cqbkajukenbo.com/ongoing-list-of-warrior-quotes/
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There was a thread asking the community on whether they were going to count calories forever... I thought about this too because many people say calorie counting is not sustainable, that you absolutely CANNOT do it, that it's restrictive, etc.

The responses to the thread consisted of people acting like tracking calories and such was as simple as taking a shower. You get used to it, it gets easy, and it's rather simple. It inspired me to finally stick to counting, weighing, and tracking my food because I don't believe I really have an excuse.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    officials wrote: »
    There was a thread asking the community on whether they were going to count calories forever... I thought about this too because many people say calorie counting is not sustainable, that you absolutely CANNOT do it, that it's restrictive, etc.

The responses to the thread consisted of people acting like tracking calories and such was as simple as taking a shower. You get used to it, it gets easy, and it's rather simple. It inspired me to finally stick to counting, weighing, and tracking my food because I don't believe I really have an excuse.

It's good when you get to that point. For me, I really thought about the amount of effort I put into other things to get what I want. Like - I go to work, 400-45 hours a week so I can have my nice house, my car, things I like, clothes I want, entertainment I want... I put so much effort, 8, 9, 10 hours a day of effort into making sure I can go to a concert when I want to and have nice things. So what's spending 10-15 minutes a day so I can have the body I want, in comparison?