Things people do that annoy you in WalMart

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    dmwh142 wrote: »
    Why is it a magnet for creepy people? A few years ago a new Walmart was built near the neighborhood I moved into. I felt safe going there after dark...not anymore all the creepy people have found it. People really should wear actual clothing that covers them and men should not keep their eyes on you for so long...creeeeeepy.

It's been like that for a long time. Back when I was still in college (so 2006ish), I was shopping The Mart at 2AM because I lived in a college town and that was the best time to do it as all the drunk people were stumbling home from the bars or were already asleep and all the townies were out for the count because of jobs they had. So I was shopping around and pushed my grocery cart by the women's clothing department to look at the cute bras and shirts they had.. unbeknown to myself, there was a very disheveled looking dude peering around the corners of the racks and staring at me (and the person I was seeing at the time), using his hands to gesture like he had a spyglass. He followed us through quite a bit of the store and we mostly ignored him, but the person I was with found it ultimately hilarious. I, however, did not.

I mean, this is the reason (in large part) the website People of Walmart exists, right?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    We don't have Walmart but we do have Tesco (I used to work there)

My absolute pet hate, kids who are too big for the seat on the trolley and perfectly capable of walking, being allowed to stand in the trolley in their dirty shoes by their parents. HEY!!!! people have to put their food in there you gross "kitten"

When you have your coat on and are just about to go out the door but a customer spots the Tesco logo on your shirt and says "I know you are on your way home but"..... and then proceeds to ask you some long involved question regarding the contents of a packet of rice which somehow also involves their entire life story.

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/410000/620x/Shoppers-dressed-in-pyjamas-at-a-Tesco-in-Manchester-575482.jpg8v0mbsvv119d.png
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i was just at walmart they didn't have the cat liter in. the big bag... they haven't had it back in stock in over a week now....which suck....that's one the other thing is when the staff see you coming and they high tell it out of there to avoid helping you out
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    All stores not just Walmart- whistling or singing, moving very slowly, stopping to chat with others while blocking the aisle, people ignoring their screaming/crying child, smelling heavily of smoke or perfume, people dumping items they picked up wherever they change their mind, people being impatient at the checkout register or rude to employees, people leaving carts wherever instead of putting them in the cart corral.

Our family mission when shopping is to get through the store quickly.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    when they're there while i'm there.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Why would I shop at Walmart when Neiman Marcus is just down the street?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    All stores not just Walmart- whistling or singing, moving very slowly, stopping to chat with others while blocking the aisle, people ignoring their screaming/crying child, smelling heavily of smoke or perfume, people dumping items they picked up wherever they change their mind, people being impatient at the checkout register or rude to employees, people leaving carts wherever instead of putting them in the cart corral.

Our family mission when shopping is to get through the store quickly.

I love it even more when it's an item that is clearly perishable.. sitting on a shelf over by the diapers or in the toy department.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The shoppers don't bother me. Spending half of my time in the store waiting in line and having a cashier swear at me drove me away. I won't shop there unless I have absolutely no other choice.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Stopping in the aisles to have a conversation.

Seriously, just go to the McDonalds or up front.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Last week I was loading my groceries into the back of my car and a car honked at me to hurry up so they could have my space. So, I glared at her and took my sweet- *kitten* time finishing up. And then I sat in my car for a minute or 2 before backing out and leaving.

I don't understand why people do this. They're going to wait a minute at the absolute minimum for you to finish and leave, why can't they just park a little bit further back? Parking 5 or 6 spaces down is probably quicker than waiting for someone. The only reason I'd wait for a spot would be if it was really busy and it was a really good spot. If they have some medical reason they need a close space, they should get a handicap placard. Rarely have I seen those fill up more than halfway.

Although, I'm usually too impatient to wait for an elevator too. When it is just one floor, climbing is quicker.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    As a former Wal-Mart employee i spent forever zoning (cleaning up the shelves) and found so many things in the wrong section (I worked in pharmacy and found food, toys, clothes, etc). Customers are so messy. Also people would rip open adult diaper packages, etc to check out the product and would leave it behind and of course we can't sell it. Also found open it medicine where the customer took a dose or two without buying or empty boxes of shoplifted items.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I've never had any issues at Walmart other than buying too many stupid superhero shirts. Maybe I go to the wrong ones
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've never had any issues at Walmart other than buying too many stupid superhero shirts. Maybe I go to the wrong ones
    I went to a rather seedy Wal Mart one day.

A woman huffed down the store, screaming about her boyfriend's affair with someone working there.

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Shopping at Walmart's--period. NEVER.
  • russkoon
    russkoon Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    People who leave their carts in the lot to blow around and dent other cars and/or take up a parking space.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have never experienced most of these things at walmart in my area except for the screaming kids but the parents Ive seen ignore them and let them scream,the other is not enough registers open especially when its really busy.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    People who push their carts at a snails pace (causes me road rage, lol) or park their cart in the middle of the aisle where you can't get by.

Snail pace cart pushers might be recovering from surgery or under the influence, so I don't get annoyed at them. I just say "...and Jones takes the lead.." as I speed walk by them.

And people who park or drive the cart in the middle are hyper-focused on something else like the bad day at work or their upcoming arraignment, so I don't get annoyed at them. I just hide their cart one row over or if they are touching the cart but not looking, I just take something out of their cart as I nudge it to one side with my cart so I can get by.

Now that I'm thinking about this, there is a chance that I might annoy people in Walmart.

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I avoid all this by never going to Walmart. Ever

This. Going into a Walmart makes my blood pressure go through the roof! Plus my husband is a union man and has very strong opinions about their shady business practices. We haven't been to one in years. If we can't buy it at Target or the grocery store, then we don't need it.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Park their cart in the middle of the aisle; walking slow; race you to the checkout