For girls (if guys want to comment too that's fine)

Options

Replies

• elsie4560
    elsie4560 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @kristidmatthews nothing wrong with big thighs own that!
  • elsie4560
    elsie4560 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @kristidmatthews or small thin thighs for that matter one or the other
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I wear a bikini I dgaf what people think. I have stretch marks and loose skin. But I'm hot af so idc. But I do prefer high waisted bikinis.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    If you actually swim while wearing a bikini doesn't that make it into a swim suit?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't often wear either. I don't tan and I don't really like swimming because I'm a bit of a germaphobe (pools are like human soup, full of other people's skin and who know what else, lakes and oceans are full of dead animals, rotting material etc - kinda gross).

Having said that, bikinis may actually be more flattering on me even tho my stomach is by far not one of my better attributes. A one piece is probably better if you are doing anything activity wise, I have had wardrobe malfunctions wearing a bikini.

It's good to have both, I like options, even tho it is expensive when you rarely wear them.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing anything it will be a swim suit.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't often wear either. I don't tan and I don't really like swimming because I'm a bit of a germaphobe (pools are like human soup, full of other people's skin and who know what else, lakes and oceans are full of dead animals, rotting material etc - kinda gross).

Having said that, bikinis may actually be more flattering on me even tho my stomach is by far not one of my better attributes. A one piece is probably better if you are doing anything activity wise, I have had wardrobe malfunctions wearing a bikini.

It's good to have both, I like options, even tho it is expensive when you rarely wear them.

This is what I'm paranoid of when I go swimming with the boy.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I wear both. Living in Florida, I have more bathing suits than I ought to admit. I tend to wear one pieces when I go to the community pool (where I'm running into neighbors and other moms from the PTO) and bikinis in my own backyard pool or to the beach. My favorites are by Athleta, as I feel I can chase after my kids and everything stays in place. I generally find bikinis more flattering, as my thighs are not my best feature, but my stomach is fairly flat and my waist is fairly small, so I'd rather draw attention to those features than to my bottom half.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I believe I am barred from revealing anything more than my calf's and from the base of my neck up.....something about the Chewbaca in a fat man's suit scaring little children and such.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Bikini's; i'm not tall but I have a long torso and I seem to have a hard time finding one pieces that fit the right way.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Bikini's; i'm not tall but I have a long torso and I seem to have a hard time finding one pieces that fit the right way.

That's why I had to switch to the tank style 2 piece. My torso is too long and it can get quite uncomfortable :P
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,498 Member
    Options
    I wear a one piece.

Usually. ...
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a one piece for when I go to the gym to swim, or if I decide to ever attempt water skiing again at the lake. But I am hoping to stock up on some cute bikinis at the end of the summer (when they all go on sale) for my honeymoon in January!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I always threaten my wife with my spedo...

I think this is more threatening

phvys84xy1fz.jpg

I can't unsee this. Thanks Megan! :s
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

That's why I had to switch to the tank style 2 piece. My torso is too long and it can get quite uncomfortable :P

Ahh I honestly never even thought of a tank style but that makes sense.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fringed monokini from Amazon. Best of both worlds.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I always threaten my wife with my spedo...

I think this is more threatening

phvys84xy1fz.jpg

omg...
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bikini for sure ! Especially now that I got my belly button piercing :smile:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,498 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I just bought a fringed monokini from Amazon. Best of both worlds.

Tear Away Fabric?