• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Make new goals. Fitness goals. :smile:

That's what I've done, and it's just as rewarding to me. :D
  • Spiffy_Barbarella
    Spiffy_Barbarella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Set yourself a new goal, perhaps fitness-related instead of a weight loss goal. Even maintaining is a goal that's commendable enough to achieve! For many that's the hardest part- keeping it off once you've lost weight. So that itself is something to be proud of, because you'll feel like you've really made a lifestyle change :)
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one who struggled with this... in maintenance since November. I set mini goals related to maintaining weight - right now, if I maintain my weight for 2 weeks, my husband and I are going to go out to eat at our favorite restaurant (I meal prep 100% of my food normally so this is a treat). My husband has a goal tied to the same reward - he has to work out a minimum of 4x in those two weeks for 30+ minutes. Gives us the opportunity to hold each other accountable and the reward isn't so crazy amazing that we will be upset if one of us doesn't reach our two week goal. So far, we've had this mini goal set every two weeks for 8 weeks.... working for us and we aren't bored of it yet. Hope that anecdote helps you think through how to solve your own conundrum regarding maintenance.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I definitely felt the same way and as someone upthread mentioned, the answer seems to be new goals in fitness. I also am not making any changes quickly - like when I started dieting I eased into it, no need to go into full reverse now. So slowly upping calories, slowly playing with the exercise cals, and setting workout goals that at first are just a number per week and a routine to get regular, then I'll start ramping up at some point. I also don't want to put deadlines on this part as I think the longer I can spread it out the better, no rush now, but I do want to stay in a good mindset as long as possible.
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For me , maintenance is a blast ! I have a ton of calories to eat everyday and I eat out and have drinks the whole weekend
    If my weight remains the same , I am happy because I KNOW that I did not over eat and listened to my body.
    If my weight goes up , I take it as a challenge and eat less for a couple of days until the scale goes back down and I am satisfied again :)
  • Findingmyhappyme
    Findingmyhappyme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my problem, I felt like you were reading my mind! I only reached my goal on Saturday and completely cannot get my head around staying at the same number. Reading these comments is helping, especially in regards to fitness goals - I have fallen in love with weightlifting, especially deadlifts so I want to make the gains there!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I lost 70ish pounds and have been in maintenance for almost 2 years. The first several months, I continued to lose weight. I eventually lost so much I was ( and still am) underweight. As noted, we got so used to the "atta girl/boy" losing and now...nothing. @nikkit321 has a good suggestion. The maintenance thread is somewhat helpful. @JustDoIt987 has the best idea! Go with the flow and enjoy the fact you made it! Run, walk, lift and eat what you want for a change. Others have suggested setting new goals - again, great ideas. Run a 5k or more, get those 6-pack abs, heck, the possibilities are endless. Best wishes on your new journey!
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone. I'm trying to focus less on weight and my goal is reducing body fat and measuring monthly. That should kee me on my toes.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yep, had this happen to me as well. The transition period between weight loss and maintenance (both physical and mental), can take a while-it took me around 6 months to get everything sorted out and running smoothly.

I, on the other hand, had an easy go of it for the first 6 months by keeping my foods close to what I had been eating, but just a little more. At 6 months I consciously added more variety to my diet, then got a bit off track by all the shiny new foods.