Messing up on weekends- every weekend

Options
124»

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    cnave99 wrote: »

Finally, I have been using Happy Scale to track my weight. I see a definite stall over the last 6 weeks, despite being on point during the week and having the most consistent month ever at that gym! To be hitting my marks so well and to see a stall really makes me look at the damage I am doing with just a few poor choices.

I do this too. I like seeing the trends. Plus weighing everyday just feels like data now. Which takes the emotion out.

I did this for a long time, but recently got rid of my weight trend app because it began to feel too much like a report card. I was also looking ahead to see where the trend line would bring me at certain points in the future. "Look! I'll be at goal by Thanksgiving!". Never happens.

I still weigh every day and I see a new low at some point most weeks. I no longer feel the need to see if I'm losing at the expected rate.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the same thing for a long time and honestly have just figured myself out in the last few months. One of my tricks (as weird as this is) is to go stand naked in front of the mirror before I go shopping and tell myself "This is where eating junk got you". I don't view it as negative self talk or as a punishment, but rather as being honest with myself. If I find that I've bought something I shouldn't have despite this, I do my best to control my intake. One of the ways I do this is by putting on my bikini to eat it. Lemme tell you, it's pretty damn hard to justify eating that extra scoop of ice cream or extra slice of pizza while staring the evidence of your poor choices in the face!

When none of the above work, I gather all my will and toss/ruin/give away the offending treat. Just last weekend I gave macaroni and cheese, a box of cookies and a container of cool whip to a friend when I discovered that in fact I could not eat them in moderation lol. It stinks to do this of course, and is also expensive, which becomes a further deterrent to repeating the mistake. Just some things that work for me! :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    STOP.