Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options

Replies

• ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wanted a donut sooooo much this morning. I had a doctor appointment and felt like maybe I deserved one, but I repeated one of my many mantras. "You deserve to be healthy." And I went to work donut-less.

Will very much enjoy going to a concert tonight and dancing a whole bunch, and maybe that will make up for the no donut.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I finally got a cold. Blech! That zip line leader had a bad cold on Saturday and kept sneezing and coughing! Drinking a lot of fresh squeezed orange juice. (no added sugar) Not really counting calories, just eating all my healthy food.

I swam yesterday and felt pretty good, then went home early from work to lay in bed. Slept in today and feel better. It was tough not swimming this morning though.

I have a big swim meet this weekend and I have been training hard to swim. With MS, I have to be so stinking careful not to overdo it. I might skip my short events and just do the long ones. Maybe I can get extra sleep tonight and flush this baby out.

@HappySheri I am so proud of you for your work at the gym. I need to get back later next week. You must feel great! I do agree about the habits.
    @Jessiquoi Nice job with the pizza. Small steps.
    @ParanormalLauren Keep up the work with the coumadin. I got off of it after 7 or 8 months. It sucks because you have to watch your Vitamin K. I live on kale in my smoothies. I actually went to the store the other day and they were out of kale. I almost cried. They had one thing of organic kale. Enough to last me two days. I also eat broccoli once or twice a day.
    @KimF0715 You are a great support! Keep pushing.
    @aleahurst You keep getting those steps in wherever you go. It all adds up.

This group is great!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @daneejela - Welcome. It sounds like you have made some awesome positive changes! And, I love it when people want to support this topic. I want to support it too! When I am positive with others, I am positive with myself. funny how that works, eh?

@WillLift4Tats - Pampering yourself while hubby is away sounds sooo good! Welcome!

@str8bowbabe - Welcome! I love the idea of this thread (Jess's idea) and I am REAL fond of everyone who posts here! It's awesome!

@KimF0715 - Not sure what to say. You are worth self care! I have an idea. Go look in the mirror and say to the reflection, "Some crazy folks online love you. I accept that that is their reality." Hm? Would something like that be a good starting point?

@jessiquoi - Thanks for being my friend!

Okay. I'm so sleepy. I burned 30 more calories today. And I have this muscle on the inside of my leg....

Love to all.

Lea
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have some sad news to share. My mother passed away on March 29th. It's been a very difficult journey for her and the rest of our family as dementia took her mind and then her body. We had a perfect service for her with lots of tears and lots of laughter. We wore gold and blew bubbles, at her request, to honor her memory.

So I'm starting fresh this morning to get back on track with my calorie count and exercise. I've done pretty good through this stressful time, only gaining one pound, but I go on vacation starting tomorrow and I want to follow my plan as best I can. I just feel better when I stay within my calorie range and drink water. This much needed vacation will also allow for many walks on the beach!

Here's to a weekend of Beautiful Behaviors!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Happy Friday! Get out there and get moving, get motivated and get in the groove for beautiful behaviors.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @CT0526 I am so very sorry to hear. I know how you feel. I lost my Mom almost 6 years ago. She was only 59.

It's hard, when you are grieving, feeling bereft, and as though it doesn't really matter - to concentrate on food and logging and exercise and such.

We have to honor our Moms, and those family we lost young (I keep racking them up)....by keeping our minds and bodies as healthy as we can. It's the best thing we can do to honor their memory.

On vacation - it can be a great place for a detox or it can be the devil's door. LOL. Strive for a bit of both.

I try to keep healthy habits when I'm away. It's no good to come back from a vacation looking and feeling like you've been through the mill.

All my love to you. You're in my prayers.

Kim
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm here. Struggling. Still no exercise, but my food is on point.

Have a great one!

Kim
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @aleahurstaleahurst & @happysherrihappysherri thank you for your warm welcome :)

Today I have noticed that last days I don't have any sweet cravings, not even for the fruit (that I really looove)..I don't remember when was the last time I have chosen to pass some fruit.
    So, that sounds huge for me :)

Other then that, I am flirting with the idea to make my diet more vegan, not completely meat free, but dominantly plant based. The main reason is because I have come across some researches suggesting that to much meat & diary can raise free androgen levels (I have PCOS and looking for a way to naturally lower my androgens).
    I don't know if that is the case, but I think that including more veggies is good anyway.
    So, I will gradually try to include more vegan recipes.

@Kim, great that you're on track with the food! From my experiences from the past, controlling food is 90% of weight control...sure, exercise is important because it's necessary for the overall health, but I think most basic stuff in the weight control is food. So, good for you!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @CT0526
    I am very sorry for your loss..
    I do not know how it feels, but as I have heard from others, it helps to continue some things of your lost ones that you found valuable. Either it's some activity or some virtue that you admired.

Beside that, I think taking care of yourself is something that would make any parent happy..
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @CT0526 - So so sorry for your loss! I lost my mom 3 years ago, she was my family's center. I had to watch her fade away - Absolutely hardest thing I've ever done in my life. My advice, grieve however you feel like it (everyone is different). Do what you want and allow time away from whatever you need time away from. Prayers
    @str8bowbabe - welcome and yes, I will be moving today.
    @wellthenwhat - Yes! I too love to eat and want to eat everything! Since I am in control of the groceries and it's just my bf and I, I hardly ever buy any junk or even keep any drinks in the house. He always stops at the gas station to get a diet coke lol Practicing willpower is hard at times, but I've gotten better at it. Keep pushing
    @ParanormaLauren - Victory! swapping experiences for junk food is brilliant! You are so smartical lol
    @nickiphillips1 - I hope you feel better soon. Kudos to pushing onward, I don't want to move when I'm sick (I'm a baby). You are so strong.
    @jessiquoi - You are a champion. Pizza, I love pizza, and still eat it in moderation like you. That's called willpower and I think your's is getting stronger! Great work.
    @KimF0715 - That's great. Nutrition is the hardest part for me, the exercise comes easy. keep going

Update: Completed 87 minutes of Von Moger Leg workout ****I may not be able to walk when the soreness sets in LOL. Not sure if I'm working out today or taking it as my other rest day (I allow myself at least 2 rest days a week.).
    Happy Friday!

Thought for the day: It can be done, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ***Sometimes we let negative comments or doubts fill our minds and grow. We begin to doubt our ability and we get scared. Just for today, I am not going to let any of those thoughts stop me from attempting things that I want to do. Even non fitness goals, go out and do the things you want to do! Beautiful Behavior POWER!
  • nickiphillips1
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Good morning. Hoping today is better.

@aleahurst It didn't. Was a bad night.

Felt very dark and sad yesterday....let problems at home get the best of me.

I had a binge (small for me) due to it. Stress, sadness and feeling overwhelmed. Feeling like no one cares.

So, self care in the pooper. I have to get back on track today. I have to stop binge eating with stress. It's hard with no support. I'm married, but my husband doesn't know I'm alive for the most part. Unless it's when he needs me to be HIS parent, too....which is often. He is an excellent father and a hard worker, but there's nothing between us anymore after 15 years.

But I have to keep swimming....keep swimming....keep swimming....

Kim

Kim, I have been there with the husband. I was married for 13 years and my marriage died before it ever started. I have been divorced for over 8 years now and I am friends with my ex's current wife. I am very sad that he has done the same crap to her that he did to me. His current wife stays with him to finish raising my oldest son (he is graduating). I fully support her.

My ex was like a child - but he wasn't and still isn't a good father. My other son (15) never wants to see him and for good reason. I am here for you.

Do you swim or is that a metaphor?

I used to eat my feelings (for 47 years). I am dealing with it one day at a time. Since I don't eat refined sugar anymore, I don't eat my feelings. I don't want to eat 3 cups of broccoli when I am sad... Not the same...

I am sure I will eat some refined sugar again, but it has been 47 or so days without. I don't crave anymore.

I am finishing my smoothie with a ton of kale. I do eat my skinny pop with dark dusted chocolate if I want a snack at night. Four cups for a little over 100 calories.

Hang in there!

Nicki

• aleahurst
    Options
    We are so active that my little scrambled brain is not keeping up!

SO - in order to get to know us, I suggest an exercise.

Complete the following statement and add a photo if can:

Every time I get quiet to record my diet progress, _______ ______.

Love to all,

Lea
  • aleahurst
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Every time I sit down to record my progress, I get a cat on my lap.
    8vp1z7nxg6ve.jpg
    My mundane day!
    cat.jpg 18.1K
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @CT0526 - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Yes, take some time for walks, for grief, and for remembrances.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @CT0526 , my condolences on your loss. i am fortunate to still have my mom, and so i can only imagine. i'm glad you came and shared with us. <3
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    every time i sit down to record my progress, i wish i had paint on my walls. :neutral:316t6ekldzbb.jpg
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Good morning. Hoping today is better.

@aleahurst It didn't. Was a bad night.

Felt very dark and sad yesterday....let problems at home get the best of me.

I had a binge (small for me) due to it. Stress, sadness and feeling overwhelmed. Feeling like no one cares.

So, self care in the pooper. I have to get back on track today. I have to stop binge eating with stress. It's hard with no support. I'm married, but my husband doesn't know I'm alive for the most part. Unless it's when he needs me to be HIS parent, too....which is often. He is an excellent father and a hard worker, but there's nothing between us anymore after 15 years.

But I have to keep swimming....keep swimming....keep swimming....

Kim

Kim, I have been there with the husband. I was married for 13 years and my marriage died before it ever started. I have been divorced for over 8 years now and I am friends with my ex's current wife. I am very sad that he has done the same crap to her that he did to me. His current wife stays with him to finish raising my oldest son (he is graduating). I fully support her.

My ex was like a child - but he wasn't and still isn't a good father. My other son (15) never wants to see him and for good reason. I am here for you.

Do you swim or is that a metaphor?

I used to eat my feelings (for 47 years). I am dealing with it one day at a time. Since I don't eat refined sugar anymore, I don't eat my feelings. I don't want to eat 3 cups of broccoli when I am sad... Not the same...

I am sure I will eat some refined sugar again, but it has been 47 or so days without. I don't crave anymore.

I am finishing my smoothie with a ton of kale. I do eat my skinny pop with dark dusted chocolate if I want a snack at night. Four cups for a little over 100 calories.

Hang in there!

Nicki

SAME -Was married 10 years and have been divorced about 8ish yrs. My ex-husband fell out of love with me and treated me like I wasn't even there. I always tell people on his list of importance I came in under the garden hose! I had more conversations with the wall! I didn't want my daughter to think that was the way marriage was supposed to be. He was and is a wonderful father and nice to others, he's just not a good "husband". I have become very independent now and happy because I feel in control (yes, I think I have issues :blush:
    I will send good vibes, I know how frustrating some parts of marriage can be. Make sure you refill your soul with happiness and experiences for you.

Love to all
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Today is fast day for me (non-weightloss reasons) Had a 20 minute nap and a 10 minute brisk walk instead of lunch. Very refreshing!
  • nickiphillips1
    Options
    @ct0526 I am so sorry for your loss. Dementia is so hard on everyone involved.

Enjoy your vacation and your walks on the beach. Very therapeutic.