What bad habit are you currently trying to break?

Replies

• healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Eating too much high calorie food, not exercising and getting fast food multiple times a week. I have nearly gone a whole week without fast food! The trick was spending the money on something else (my niece had a birthday, so I brought her a Disney princess costume and some shoes).
  • TheSma11Print
    TheSma11Print Posts: 165 Member
    I'm trying to quit smoking -I'm finding that drinking a peppermint tea everytime I have a craving is replacing it with a healthier habit (apart from needing to pee all of the time!)
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Procrastination and avoidance of hard stufff.... I keep making my hard stuff harder because eventually I'm putting out fires instead of just using my talents and knowledge to do the hard stuff. Gawd I need a nap
  • shortygirl1987
    shortygirl1987 Posts: 230 Member
    Eating junk food
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Wasting time (procrastinating) instead of just getting things done. It's not even a matter of laziness. I think it's an anxiety thing. Perfectionism - fear of screwing up a project keeps you from moving forward with it. But I just need to tell myself that good enough is good enough. Just get it done, even if it's not perfect! :s

^^ Five million times this.

And yes, for me, it's directly tied to anxiety and a sense of perfectionism that I can never live up to. Mine was bad enough that I had to seek outside help, though.

My other bad habits mostly revolve around social anxiety and not being in control of everything.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Mindless snacking in front of the tv. I'd be super skinny if it weren't for that.
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Mindless snacking in front of the tv. I'd be super skinny if it weren't for that.

I think that goes for a lot of us!
  • dpack347b
    dpack347b Posts: 41 Member
    I've stopped binge eating, I've stopped biting my nails, next challenge, quitting cigarettes.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    I like to "troll" politics boards on the web by interjecting an opposing viewpoint for whatever is the majority theme...you don't even really have to be a troll, just providing one side or the other with an opposing view is usually enough to set people off on a tirade.
  • MeadowRae
    MeadowRae Posts: 46 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Excessive drinking

Same here...especially on the weekends. I have no issues during the week.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    1. Second-guessing myself. I second-guess every conversation I have all day long. And I always think I said the wrong thing and the other person hates me or is judging me.

2. I'm not a cusser (I actually despise it), but I've developed a bad habit of saying a certain cuss word under my breath or out loud to myself when I'm alone. I'm know it's related to #1 above. I'm worried that if I don't break this habit, I'll become the old lady in the nursing home rocking back and forth, saying this terrible word all day. And my family will be so embarrassed because mom/grandma used to be such a sweet lady!
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Flexing in the mirror anytime I see a mirror
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Picking my nose.
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Whispering or being mousy when talking to others. I'm really bad with social interactions, but I'm making a conscious effort to SPEAK UP. If you intend for the other person to actually hear you, say it loudly
  • owa1s
    edited April 2017
    Sleeping in the day and staying up late at night.
  • owa1s
    Kraken992 wrote: »
    Violently cursing at every single person I see
    That's not a habit mate it's a problem
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I have a bad habit of ... I can't give an answer because Mrs isn't nearby for me to ask.
  • msr8898
    msr8898 Posts: 29 Member
    Coffee. Maybe not stop drinking it altogether, but I definitely need to cut back.
    *leaves to go make another pot of coffee*
  • 92Irene92
    92Irene92 Posts: 13 Member
    Emotional eating.
    Working hard to substitute this terrible habit with exercise instead :)