I messed up guys ! Real bad :(

Options
Hello everyone
Today I've had a huge argument with my ex boyfriend and I ended up finding comfort in food ! This is very unusual of me , but I usually save calories for Saturday night , and since I did not go out today I ended up binging over food I didnt even really enjoy :(
I ate : 1 slice deep pan pizza , 1/2 a glass of milkshake , 8 pieces of sushi , 8 oreos , 4 pieces string cheese and 150g of Maltesers
My maintenance calories are 2000
I feel disgusted with myself and feel like throwing up :(

Replies

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    Don't panic...stressful situations happen. Write today off...but get back on to plan tomorrow and move on...try not to worry...you're gonna be ok...
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Owww, I feel bloated just reading that list.
    Have a glass or two of water, watch a good movie, and forgive yourself.

Tomorrow, back to logging as usual.

Learning to handle the ups and downs is part of a healthy long term weight management goal. Sometimes you are going to go over for a happy event too. Hooray!

Cheers, h.

You are so kind ! thank you <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up over one bad day! Get some rest and get back to the program tomorrow and know that EVERYONE will have bad days now and then and as long as you're not over eating all the time, you'll be fine ❤

Knowing I am not alone is such a relief ! Thank you <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    It is one day. Get back to it tomorrow. Reading through it, it doesn't sound like that bad. What did the calories come to?

About 2500 calories approximately , and I saved about 2000 during the week
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Don't panic...stressful situations happen. Write today off...but get back on to plan tomorrow and move on...try not to worry...you're gonna be ok...

you are awesome !Thank you so much !
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Go lift weights, not elliptical. Use those calories to build some muscle rather than try to negate the food. Drinking adequate water will help with bloating.

Not really into lifting :( Wish I was though ! I just bought a 4KG kettlebell today
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It is one day. Get back to it tomorrow. Reading through it, it doesn't sound like that bad. What did the calories come to?

So if you have your usual cals plus 2000, you're still under for the week?
  • Islander4Life
    Islander4Life Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I've been a bit of a binger my whole life. Although I never starve myself or skip a mean. I eat like a "normal" person for about 5 days before having an off night and consuming an incredibly large amount of food between 7-9 pm.
    Last night for me it was tea, 2 chocolate chip cookies, large cheese bun, bowl of cheddar ritz crackers, 1 Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a handful of jubjub's. This was all AFTER dinner.

I wish I could find my "trigger" but I don't have one. I was stress-free, happy, my house was clean, enjoying a cup of tea. There was no reason for over-eating but I found myself craving sugar and couldn't satisfy the dragon......
    And I'm up another pound this week (I do my weigh-ins on Sat morning).

I believe these "over-eating" moments are definitely ruining any chances of weight loss for me. :(

I feel so good for 5 days, and then I always have a bad night of over-eating.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Go lift weights, not elliptical. Use those calories to build some muscle rather than try to negate the food. Drinking adequate water will help with bloating.

Not really into lifting :( Wish I was though ! I just bought a 4KG kettlebell today

What sort of lifting have you tried? I tried a few different types of programs before finding something I enjoyed. The typical ones suggested on MFP are ones I really dislike.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    And don't let the *kitten* cause you to stay off your plan!!
  • JustDoIt987
    Options

So if you have your usual cals plus 2000, you're still under for the week?

I am , but its weird because I dont know why I feel so sick and bloated if I am still under for the week ! Hope i am not sounding dumb :(
  • richardpatient
    richardpatient Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The food sounds great. It happens. Move on and good luck for tomorrow.
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    You are not alone! I've been a bit of a binger my whole life. Although I never starve myself or skip a mean. I eat like a "normal" person for about 5 days before having an off night and consuming an incredibly large amount of food between 7-9 pm.
    Last night for me it was tea, 2 chocolate chip cookies, large cheese bun, bowl of cheddar ritz crackers, 1 Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a handful of jubjub's. This was all AFTER dinner.

I wish I could find my "trigger" but I don't have one. I was stress-free, happy, my house was clean, enjoying a cup of tea. There was no reason for over-eating but I found myself craving sugar and couldn't satisfy the dragon......
    And I'm up another pound this week (I do my weigh-ins on Sat morning).

I believe these "over-eating" moments are definitely ruining any chances of weight loss for me. :(

I feel so good for 5 days, and then I always have a bad night of over-eating.

I am sorry for that :( Add me if you wwant , I will support you and give you some tips , although I am not a binger and this rarely happens to me , but I know several people who are binge eaters and cant lose weight